Day 22: A deal with the father

The Prince of VENOA

Day 22

“Err... my prince. Are you crying?!” VI said in horror.

“I am most certainly not!” I said indignantly while I tried, as discreetly as I could, to sniff my snot away. “I just... have something in my eyes, is all!”

“O-ok...” He said slowly. I doubt he believed me, but I should not, under any circumstances admit that I was crying, least of all to my servant! And I wasn’t crying for goodness sake! I just have something in my eyes!

The past two days passed by in a blur to me. After Bom literally ran away from me, it pained me to even think about it, I don't remember how the rest of the days went. My head kept replaying her figure running away from me over and over again until I could no longer even breathe properly. Park Bom... She was driving me insane! She didn't even give me a call since that day! You don't just run away from the Prince of Venoa without giving an explanation! That is simply preposterous!

I sat up in my bed and an excruciating pain shot through my body. My eyes widened in shock. What was that? Since when do I feel pain like that? Grabbing the nearest pillow, I screamed as hard as I could into it. I wanted the whole world to know my pain, (though for the purpose of not further embarrassing myself, let’s call it my rage ok?) but then again, I am a prince. And the Prince of Venoa does not know pain.

I groaned into my open palms. Who the hell was I kidding? I was as wounded and almost as dead as the Basilisk I killed 2 years ago. It really hurt you know? No one, and I repeat, no one has ever ran away from me before. No one.

“Err... my prince, are you ok?” DS asked hesitantly.

I looked at him, and jutted out my lower lip. If I wasn’t in so much anguish, I would’ve laughed at the terrified expression he had on his face. I bet he was as scared as I was to see a prince acting in such a manner. Well, since I am a prince, I am thus privileged to act like a spoilt brat, and like a spoilt brat I was.

“No. I’m not ok.” I said, shaking my head. “It hurts DS.”

“What hurts? My prince, you are scaring me.” He mumbled anxiously.

“Where does it hurt my prince?” GD stepped in.

“Here.” I said, placing my palm on the place that hurt the most.

DS furrowed his brow in confusion. “Your kidney hurt my prince? Is it serious? Should I call the healer?”

“Yah you idiot! My heart hurts! Not my kidney!” I shouted at him.

“B-but...” DS stammered. “You were holding your back where your right kidney should be!”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Are you trying to be smart with me DS?”

“N-no my prince.” He quickly replied.

I thought so. Then I pointed at my chest. “Now what am I going to do about this?”

“Your chest?” VI then asked. “My prince, it looks fine to me.”

I sighed. “GD, will you get these two idiots out of my room? And where the hell is YB?”

“Right here my prince.” YB suddenly said as he appeared in the room.

“Where did you go?”

“I have an idea my prince. I think it’s the only way if we want to bring the lady back to Venoa with us.” YB said excitedly.  Wow, this has got to be the first time I see him excited. It must be a good plan then!

“Well?” I finally said when he said nothing for the next 2 minutes. Really? Was he waiting for my permission? Can’t he see that I’m desperate enough to even ask for VI’s help?!

~~~

“Are you guys sure about this?” I said doubtfully. Were YB’s plans that great? And what if they don't work? What then? Why was it so hard to sit on my father’s throne?!

“It’s actually not that hard my prince. It’s only you making it harder.” VI replied with a snicker. “I mean, you had the choice of many beautiful Venoan females, and yet, you chose none.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. How dare he listen in on my thoughts? He knew he was not supposed to intrude! I opened my mouth, ready to throw a few colourful words at him, when GD stopped me from walking, literally.

“Oof! GD!” I grumbled as I rubbed my head.

“Sorry my prince.” He hurriedly apologized. “We are here my prince.”

I looked at the building in front of me, scrutinizing its size. I supposed it was... fit for someone who rules a country. I mean, if I was to be completely honest, it was nothing compared to my castle, or my servants’ living quarters for that matter. I shrugged. The size of the building was the least of my concerns right now.

“Tell me again what I’m supposed to do?” I queried.

“Since Park Bom’s father is the ruler of Korea, you will meet him and convince him to hand Park Bom to you. Of course, you are going to have to give something in return.” YB said.

“And that would be?”

“Once Park Bom marries you, you will be the one to rule Earth. Tell him that you will not interfere in Earth’s matters, unless absolutely necessary. Tell him that you will put him in charge of all of Earth, and not just Korea.” YB continued.

“Will that really work?” I asked hesitantly.

“Her father is a notorious man, my prince. He would stop at nothing to gain more power. And by marrying Park Bom, you are basically just handing him the power on a silver platter.” GD elaborated.

“But what if he uses the power I give him for bad things?”

“Then show him.” VI simply said.

I narrowed my eyes at VI. Was this boy for real? Was this really the time to play jokes? Can’t he see that I was on the verge of murdering someone? I was in no mood for jokes! Show him what? My body? My brain? What the hell was I supposed to show?!


“What VI meant my prince, is that you should show him your power.” DS hurriedly said. Luckily for VI, DS must’ve noticed the angry expression I had on my face. “Tell him that you have more power than him and that you’ll be watching him every second of the day. That way, he won’t try anything funny.”

When I finally understood what DS had said, I slowly nodded my head. A relieved smile made its way onto my face for the first time in a long time, though in reality, it had only been two days. Two long painfully Bom-free days. Big fat manly tears wanted to roll down my cheeks, but I bit back the urge. Get your head together Choi SeungHyun! Now is not the time to wallow in self-pity!

“Ok, take me there.”

It wasn’t long before we all stood in a small round room. I studied my surroundings curiously. So this is where the ruler of Korea rules Korea. But where was his throne? Father has a throne! Even I have a throne! And why does the place look so empty? Where were the people waiting to voice out their problems? Where were the knights with their armours and swords? What was this preposterous place?!

“He’s on his way my prince.” GD whispered from behind me. “We will continue being invisible from now on my prince. Remember what we talked about.”

I gulped and clasped my hands behind my back, pretending that I have it all covered. In truth, I was totally freaking out, even though the Prince of Venoa is not scared of anything, absolutely nothing. But apart from being the ruler of Korea, first and foremost, he was Park Bom’s father. And in all of my lifespan, I have yet to meet the father of my bride to be. Therefore, it was totally understandable that I was completely paralyzed with terror. Would he like me?  The question swam in my brain, before I shook it off with a scoff. What was there not to like? I am the Prince of Venoa for goodness sake!

But! Would Bom approve of my method? I chewed on my bottom lip nervously. It was way too late to change my mind now, I could already hear the pitter patter of his feet. I waited with bated breath for the door to open, and sighed with slight relief when I noticed he was alone. It was time to confront him, but I couldn't bring myself to be visible. Why was I so scared?! Choi SeungHyun, you are the Prince of Venoa! If anything, he should be the one being scared of you!

“It’s time my prince.” YB urged.

I nodded my head and took a step towards Park Bom’s father. When I was perfectly right behind him, I made myself visible.

“Hello.”

The papers he was holding flew about ten feet in the air and if I wasn’t such a nervous wreck, I would’ve found his reaction quite priceless. Alas, I myself felt as scared as the expression he had on his face, and I swallowed the lump in my throat. What exactly do one say when they’re meeting their future father in law?

“Wh-who are you? Why are you here? How did you get in here?!” A stream of questions flew out of his mouth, but I could only just stand there, staring at him like an incompetent. I wanted to cry. What was I supposed to do?!

“Say something, my prince! And don't cry! I will not have you crying!” GD practically shouted from behind me.

“Get out of here! I-I’ll call security! Can’t you see how many CCTVs I have in here? I will have you killed!” Her father shouted at me. Huh, I honestly never expected that at my first son in law father in law meeting, my father in law would threaten me with murder. That is definitely a first.

“VI already has the CCTV taken care of my prince.” DS said before I could even ask what a CCTV was.

“Right.” I murmured before I turned to look back at her father. This was it. It was now or never. “My name is Choi SeungHyun, and I am the Prince of Venoa.” I said majestically, looking at the man straight in the eye.

The baffled expression he had on his face almost made me laugh. Almost. Because I was still trembling like a leaf on the inside.

“You... what? Prince of what? I’ve never heard of that country before!” He finally exclaimed.

“That’s because it’s not a country.” I pointed out. “It’s a planet. We are very much like you, except for our small wings and our supernatural power.”

He scoffed at me, and I almost gave him a piece of my mind. Nobody scoffs at the Prince of Venoa! But I held back my tongue because like it or not, the ridiculous man in front of me was going to be my future father in law.

“Look... boy-“

“Choi SeungHyun.”

“Yes well, whatever. You seem really bright to me, and you have a very wild imagination but I am the Prime Minister of Korea, and I have a country to run. So if you’d please leave, I have a lot to do.” He said.

“You don't believe me.”

“Of course I don't! There’s no such thing as Venoa! And I for one do not believe in aliens!”

“My prince, ask him if he has seen Thor.” VI suddenly said from behind me.

“Seen what?”

“Thor.”

“Who are you talking to?”

“What is Thor?!”

“Who in the world are you talking to?”

“Have you seen Thor?”

“What does that have to do with anything?!”

“Have you seen Thor?” I asked again. My patience was wearing extremely thin. What is this Thor that VI asked me to ask?! And yes, exactly! What does it have to do with anything?!

“You mean the movie? Yeah, I’ve seen it.” He replied, puzzled.

“Ok my prince. Tell him you are somewhat like Thor.” VI said.

“I am somewhat like Thor.” I repeated, though goodness knows what Thor was.

Her father snorted. Very un-ruler like if you ask me.

“You’re kidding right? Thor is a God! You are not a God! And besides, Thor does not exist!”

“Well then, I guess I’m not like him. I’m not a God. But I do exist. And I do come from Venoa. And I have supernatural powers.” I said as I tried my hardest not to lash out at the old man. This was getting nowhere. I’m starting to think YB was an idiot for even suggesting it.

After a few minutes of silence, the old man rubbed his temple. He looked defeated, just the way I like it. I mean with me, you either lose a little or lose a lot. I assure you that you can never win with the Prince of Venoa.

“Okay. Let’s say you are from...”

“Venoa.”

“Yes ok. What kind of superpowers do you have? And show me your-“

“Wings.” I said before my small wings grew to ten times their normal size. The old man’s eyes widened considerably and he slumped back into his chair. Don’t tell me he still doesn't believe me! This is frustrating!

“I also can do pretty much anything with just the click of my fingers.” I said and snapped my fingers, before ten different wild animals appeared in the room. Don't ask me why those animals appeared, because I do not know myself. It was something that I thought of on the spur of the moment, plus there was nothing wrong with scaring the old man a little was there?

He cowered in fright at the sight and I smiled to myself. Will he believe me now?

“Ok ok. I believe you! Just don't hurt me! What do you want?” He finally asked.  I breathed a sigh of relief. Well, that was definitely easy!

“I want Park Bom to be my bride. I want to make her the Princess of Venoa. If you give her to me, I’ll give you something in return.” 


Chapter Posted on: Aug. 18. 2014

OMG! I am so sorry for this late update! *hides from stuff readers throw at me* I really do apologize! I had a lot of things going on and I've been having writer's block with this story. But this story is coming to an end soon as you can see because it is already day 22! (Already?) I'm sorry if this chapter is disappointing! But I'm hoping you guys  will like it though! Please do leave comments! =)