DAY 4: I'm in love?!

The Prince of VENOA

 

I paced in front of my makeshift throne nervously. Passing in front of the mirror, I was appalled to find that I was not looking the way a Venoan prince should. My hair was messy and my beautifully pale skin was even paler than usual. What was wrong with me?

“What is wrong with me?” I mumbled under my breath as I checked my reflection in the mirror.

“Are you alright my prince?” YB softly asked.

“YB, why do I look like this? My hair’s a mess and my skin’s all blotchy.” I said, horrified. Was I dying? I was way too young to die! At least let me sit on my dad’s throne for a minute or two before I actually die!

“Err... Maybe because you haven’t yet taken a bath, my prince.” GD said.

“No, no. It’s not that. It’s just...” I started as I walked towards them. “I don't feel quite right.”

DS furrowed his brows. “Whatever do you mean my prince? Are you sick?”

“No, I’m not!” I said, placing my palm over my heart. “Here... something is not quite right here. I’m not eating, I can’t sleep and I just can’t do anything right!”

“Err... since when did this start my prince?” GD asked, concerned.

I pondered over his question. “Since... yesterday.” I said finally.

“Yesterday?” They said in unison.

“Isn’t it obvious?” VI spoke up, a grin on his face.

I focused my eyes on him. “Do you know something I don't VI?” I asked sharply.

“You are in love my prince.” VI told me.

I frowned. “In love? With who?”

“If I may my prince, when exactly did you feel that something wasn’t right with you?”

“I told you, yesterday!”

“At what time approximately?”

“I don't know! I guess around...” That was a good question. When was it? When did it happen? When did it start? Suddenly, my eyes widened in surprise. It couldn't be, could it? “I guess... since I knew Park was a girl.”

“Well, there you go.” VI said, obviously proud with himself that he finally figured out what was wrong with me. Damn him!

“You can’t be serious!” I exclaimed. “I’m... in love with Park?”

VI shrugged. “Well, it’s too early to tell at this stage... If you still feel like this tomorrow, then yes, I have to say that you are in love with Park.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. He seemed to know too much about women it was starting to scare me. “VI, how many women have you dated exactly?” I asked with mild curiosity.

What in the world? Did he just smirk at me? “The list is endless, my prince.” He replied almost arrogantly. “What about you, my prince?”

I coughed at his question. “Ugh, what?”

“How many women have you dated before?” VI asked me.

I stood up from my throne and avoided his gaze. There was no way in hell I was going to tell him that I haven’t dated anyone before. Don't get me wrong. It wasn’t like I was ugly or anything because let me remind you again that I am the most handsome and sought after bachelor in all of Venoa and Venoan women threw themselves at me from all angles, it was just that... none of them caught my eye. I did try to pursue Miss Venoa 2005 once. She was pretty on the outside, but she was so boring she put not only me, but all the doves that accompanied me to sleep. Eventually, ten literally died from boredom. Not to mention, she was not wife material. Father was furious at me for breaking her heart, but I would rather be under his mercy than forever be bored out of my mind...

“VI! That’s out of line.” YB reprimanded him.

“Right... Pardon me, my prince.” VI said with a bow. Well, at least he knew his boundary...

I cleared my throat. “So... what should I do now?” I said after a while of silence.

“I think you should get ready for class my prince.” GD said.

“Yes... Yeah. I should.” I said, agreeing with him. “What should I wear?”

“Uhm, my prince... besides your famous red socks, you never asked our opinion regarding what you wear before.” DS said, scratching his head.

“Well, I’m asking now aren’t I?” I cut in. “How about this?” I asked, picking out a crisp black suit from the closet, along with a black tie and a white shirt.

“Uhh... isn’t that too formal for school my prince?” YB asked hesitantly.

“Is it? Hmm, but I like it.” I said.

“I thought you wanted our opinion, my prince.” GD said, furrowing his brow.

“That’s enough. All of you can go out now. I’m going to change.” I said before taking off my robe.

“My prince...” GD urged from behind me an hour later. “My prince, you are half an hour late. Why don’t you... run to class?”

“A prince doesn’t run.” I said haughtily. He was crazy if he thought I was going to run just for some stupid class. I took ages getting my hair right. I am not going to mess it up just because I’m going to miss some class!

“But my prince...”

“Relax GD. We are already here.” I said, pointing at the class door. Without knocking, I pushed the door open and stepped in, feeling like I owned the world. I will in fact, by the time I marry Park. Both Earth and Venoa will be under my rule and I will most definitely send some Venoans to teach these lowlife earthlings (with the exception of Park, of course) some manners. They really needed it...

“You are late, Choi SeungHyun.” The old, wrinkly man said from the front of the class.

“Say sorry!” VI said from behind me just as I rolled my eyes.

I was about to argue but remembering that none of them can see my servants, I reluctantly replied. “Sorry.” I mumbled before making my way to the back of the class.

“Hey.” Someone said as soon as I sat down. I turned to my left and my breath hitched as the smiling face of Park looked at me.

“You ok?” She said when I kept silence.

“My prince, are you alright?” YB said from behind me. “She just greeted you.”

“Ahh... Uhh... I...” I stuttered before tearing my eyes away from her beautiful flawless face. I breathed a deep breath and clutched my shirt, trying my hardest to calm my fast beating heart.

“What do you feel now my prince?” DS asked.

“I... my heart. Why is it beating so fast?” I whispered. “Like a cheetah on a race... And it just... skipped a beat.”

“Are you sure my prince?” VI then asked.

“Yes I’m sure VI! It’s my heart goddamnit!” I whispered agitatedly.

“Uh... TOP, are you ok?” Park spoke up suddenly.

I quickly looked at her, and flashed her what I thought was a smile, my heart beating faster than ever. I could see a tuft of her beautiful brown hair sticking out of her cap, and would’ve liked nothing better than to pull it... except I can’t. I don't want her to think I’m weird or anything... Because I certainly am not weird! I just have prince syndrome!

“I’m uhh... fine.” I finally managed to say.

“Ok, good. Coz I thought you were talking to yourself there for a moment.” She said with a smile.

“No! Of course not!” I said, trying to brush it off with a chuckle.

“Is everything alright back there?” The professor called from the front. Damn old man!

“Uhh... fine.” I replied.

“Say sir.” VI urged.

“Why?” I asked, trying not to move my lips.

“Respect my prince. You have to pay the old man respect. He is older than you.”

“But he’s only an earthling! I am wise beyond my years! I do not have to show respect to anyone!” I said angrily.

“Who are you talking to Choi SeungHyun?” The old man said with a frown.

I rolled my eyes. “No one... sir.”

“Well then, can you tell me what period of music we were talking about?” He asked me.

I tried not to scoff, but I was pretty sure I did scoff, loudly at that. Was he trying to put me on the spot? “Renaissance...sir.” I replied smugly.

“Hmm... You’re lucky you paid attention.”

“I didn't sir. It’s written on the board.” I said with a smirk, glad that I was able to put the old man on the spot. Serves you right! No one teaches the prince of Venoa a lesson, certainly not an earthling!

I watched in amusement as he turned his back to me, just as Park let out a small laugh. My eyes sought her face and oh, I could’ve died! She was so gorgeous I can watch her forever. And her laugh... goodness! I have never heard such a beautiful sound before. Not even the harp of Venoa can outmatched the sound she was emitting. Maybe VI was right, maybe I am in love...

“Look look! Our prince is in love!” I vaguely heard VI said to the others, so lost was I in the beauty that was Park.

“Hush VI! Just let him be!”

“My prince, you must now begin to court her.” VI instructed. “Thirty days is not long my prince.”

“How do I do that?” I asked, still dazed.

“For now, why don't you ask for her number?”

“What number? Why would she give me numbers? I don't want numbers!” I muttered to my idiot servants.

“My prince. If you have her number, you can call her whenever she’s not around. Remember the phone CL had yesterday? I bought one for you too.” YB said.

“Really?”

“I’ve put it in your bag my prince. Take a look.”

I did as I was told and sure enough, there was a phoon or whatever in my bag. I took it out carefully for fear it might explode on me like yesterday and stared at it. What should I do with it?

“Now ask if you can have her number.” DS said.

I cleared my throat and looked at her nervously. I hope I’m doing the right thing here. I don't want to look like an idiot!

“Hey Park?” I said softly.

“Yes?” She said, looking up from her notes.

My confidence faltered just a little bit, and I bit back the urge to run out of the room screaming like a little girl because yes, I was that nervous. With Miss Venoa, I had everyone do everything for me. Now, I’m on my own and I’m...  dare I say it, scared.

“Err... Do you... err... do you think I can have your number?” I stuttered.

“Is our prince stuttering?” I heard VI asked from my right. I threw a subtle punch in that direction, and had the pleasure of hearing him shriek in pain. Serves him right!

Park raised her eyebrow at me. “My number? Why?”

“I uhh... just... uhh...”

“Tell her that you are distracted now and would like her to teach you about the renaissance period again.” GD said.

I repeated what GD said to her and she flashed another one of her brilliant smile at me. Ahh... I might just be blinded with all her pearly white teeth.

“Sure, why not?” She said and grabbed the device I was holding in my hand. I wasn’t sure exactly what she was doing, but she handed the phoon back to me and grinned.

“My number’s in there. Just call me whenever you want.” She continued.

I smiled, the biggest smile I’ve ever worn and nodded my head. “Ok sure!”

“Ok, now we know something.” VI said.

“What’s that VI?” GD asked.

“That our prince is shy around girls and that he has no experience whatsoever in picking up girls.” 



 

Chapter posted on: Jan. 14. 2013

Next chapter is up! ^^ Again, thanks for subscribing and commenting! i love you guys!!!! Hope you like this chapter!!! =D