DAY 12: Park has bodyguards?!

The Prince of VENOA

*Flashback*

“So...”

“Hmm? Did you say something?” Park asked, turning to look at me.

My heart jumped to my throat and my voice refused to come out altogether. The way she was looking at me, the few strands that framed her face, and the soft glow that her skin seemed to be emitting, when in fact, it was just the sunset behind her, left me utterly breathless and speechless. Never have I met someone who could move me as much as her... Sometimes I wondered if she could see through me, and sensed all these that I’m feeling... But then again, it might just scare her... and I definitely don't want that...

“I was wondering when you’re going to tell me about the story behind your cap...” I asked cautiously.

She chuckled and shook her head. “It’s getting late TOP. Maybe next time...”

“She’s right my prince. It’s almost night time. You should send her back now...” YB advised me.

I inwardly sighed. Yes, it had been an awesome day. I didn't care much about the places, what mattered to me was the fact that I get to spend my whole day with her. But I couldn't help but be bothered by the fact that she was hiding something from me... I’m dying to know for God’s sake!

“Next time huh? Alright, you’ve got a date.” I said with a smile. “C’mon, let’s go. I’ll send you home...”

“Oh no! That’s not necessary. You can just drop me off at school.” She quickly said.

I frowned. “Are you sure?”

“Yes.” She said, nodding her head. “Don't worry about me.”

“Ok... if you say so.” I shrugged. Now I am even more determined to find out her secret. I need to do something... or rather; my servants need to do something.

“I had a great time today.” Park said once we reached school.

“So did I.” I grinned. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, definitely.” She smiled.

I waited until she was out of side before I turned to look at the seats behind, wondering if I’ve left my servants behind... They have been awfully quiet...

“Are you guys there?” I asked.

“Yes my prince.” GD replied, immediately visible again, followed by the other three.

“So what’s her secret?” I asked, going straight to the point.

“Err... we’re not sure my prince.” YB hesitantly replied.

“What?! How could you guys figure out she’s a girl and not know what her secret is now?” I fumed.

“We tried my prince. But we just can’t seem to get into her head. It was as if her mind was in another dimension or something...” DS countered.

I made a ‘hmph’ sound, obviously not pleased with their answer. This was getting even weirder and I was getting more curious. I had to know before I explode!

“Fine. You guys think of something for our second date. I’ll find out her secret.” I said, my voice determined. I will get to the bottom of this, you just wait and see...

*End of flashback*

“Is everything ready?” I whispered as I made my way to class.

“Yes, my prince. Everything is set.” VI replied.

“Who cooked?”

“I did of course!” He added, his tone proud.

I rolled my eyes. I really need to teach this boy some sense of humility. Doesn’t he know that sounding proud all the time makes him look like a pompous arrogant git? I just can’t stand it! How can the girls he dated put up with him?

“I’ll be up in 10 minutes. Make sure you guys are invisible by then.” I said before entering class.

Park smiled at me as I made my way to my seat. It was... nice how her smile lit up her entire face. Not to mention, it makes me all warm and bubbly inside... God, I need to marry her, and fast...

“Hey... do you have any plans for lunch later?” I asked softly.

“Lunch? I’m having lunch with the girls... why?”

“How about you ditch them and have lunch with me instead?” I said, wriggling my eyebrows.

“Really?” She said. I swear I saw her eyes twinkled. Maybe she liked spending time with me just as much as I do!

“Yeah why not?” I shrugged just as the bell rang. I stood up and waited for her to join me.

“So where are we going?” She asked in curiosity.

“Just follow me.” I replied before grabbing her hand. I didn't know what made me do it. Maybe it was the warm fuzzy feeling on the inside. Or maybe I secretly did want to hold her hand and it just so happened that now was the perfect opportunity to do so. Whatever... I felt as if I was running through a field of meadows as we ran through the over-crowded hallway. Hold on, that imagination is at the tip of my fingers. Should I make it come true? But wouldn’t that freak her out though?

“TOP, where are we going?” She giggled as we ran.

“We’re almost there.” I said climbing the last flight of stairs, pulling her with me.

We burst through the doors and the cool breeze greeted us. She gasped. “The roof?”

“C’mon. I believe it’s that way.” I said, heading left. We rounded the corner and there it was, my plan laid out in front of her.

“Oh my gosh TOP! A picnic on the roof? Did you do all this?” She asked, surprised.

I laughed, there was no way I was going to tell her my servants did everything, and nodded my head. “Yeah, you like it?”

“I love it!” She gushed in glee. She sat down and immediately took out the food placed in the basket. I watched her, mesmerized by her excitement. It was so refreshing, the way she enjoyed everything. I definitely picked the right girl! I mean seriously, imagine if I chose Dara. She’ll just complain and complain and frown at everything... like the whole world was on her shoulders or something. The whole of Venoa really is on my shoulders, but you don't see me complaining do you?

“This is so good!” She said after taking a bite out of the food VI prepared. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. Well, at least VI is not a complete waste...

“Glad you like it.” I grinned, taking a bite myself. It was good, but I’ve obviously tasted better... Not to gloat or anything...

“I’m glad you like it my prince.” VI said haughtily from somewhere behind me. 

I swallowed the food and elbowed him, smiling in triumph when I heard him groan in pain. Serves him right!

“So...” I started.

“So....” She said, smiling coyly at me.

“We have plenty of time now. Aren’t you gonna tell me about the story behind your cap?” I said pointing at the gray cap perched on her head. I wish I can take it off, and watch her brown locks cascade down her back. It’s just so beautiful... Why would she want to hide it?

“TOP...” She said, putting down the Tupperware she was holding. “Can’t you... just let it go?”

“But you not telling me make me want to know more.” I insisted.

She shook her head. “It’s complicated.”

Before I could open my mouth to argue, one of my servants grabbed my shoulder.

“My prince. Someone’s coming.” YB said urgently.

The door that we came through earlier banged open and ten guys walked through, all dressed in black suits. They came over to us, and I frowned when Park quickly stood up, her face panic-stricken.

“Guys! What are you doing here?” She exclaimed loudly.

“We should ask you the same question my lady. CL sshi called us and said you never joined them for lunch.” One of the guys said. It seemed to me like he was the leader of the pack. And why, though it pains me to say it, was he as good looking as me? And wait a minute, are his eyes twinkling? Don’t tell me he likes Park too! Who the hell is he?! “She thought something happened to you.”

“Well, obviously I’m fine right?” She said, rolling her eyes at the young man. “You guys can go now.”

“My lady, I’ve been instructed to take you home for the day.”

“What? Why? My class is not over yet.”

“Your father has been very suspicious of your activities lately. Besides, the Gala dinner is starting in a few hours. You need to go home and get ready.”

“He’s suspicious? I thought you’ve been covering up for me!” Park groaned.

“I have... but I’m running out of ideas.” The guy replied.

“I’m not leaving until I finish my class.” Park said obstinately.

“No my lady. It’s too dangerous here.” The guy countered. I stepped in when he grabbed her elbow roughly. That’s no way to treat a lady!

“HEY!”

“Step out of this dude. This is none of your business. I suggest you stop seeing her. She’s not in your league.”

“Yonghwa! That’s no way to talk to him!” Park shouted before she turned to look at me, her expression apologetic. “I’m sorry TOP. I just... I’ll explain everything later...”

I watched them go without doing anything. I didn't even stop her. It was as if my feet were glued to the ground or something. Not only that, it didn't even register in my head when that guy said Park was out of my league. It was more like I’m out of her league. But that’s not the point here... The point is...

“Who were those guys?” I said finally.

“My prince. You are not going to believe this. Those were her bodyguards.” GD replied.

“What’s a bodyguard?” I frowned.

“They are like us my prince. They protect people of extreme importance...” YB said quietly.

My eyes widened in surprise as I looked at them. “Are you telling me that Park is a princess?”

“Actually my prince, from what I gathered from the young man, Park is...”

 


 

Chapter Posted on: Feb. 14. 2013

Ahhhhhhhhh! Sooo sorry for this super late update! *hide from stuff readers throw at me* I've been soooo busy lately! Hopefully I'll get another chapter up before the week is over! ^^ Hope you guys like this chapter! It's kinda short! But Bom's secret is revealed! sort of! Hahaha... Anyways, enjoy reading! ^^