DAY 8: Asking Park out

The Prince of VENOA

 

“YB, wake up.” I said, shaking his shoulders somewhat violently.

“Huh... what?” YB said groggily. He sat up on his bed and stared at me. After a while, he finally registered who it was that was standing in front of him and he quickly stood up, fixing his hair. “My prince! What are you doing in our room?”

I tapped the watch impatiently and looked at him. “It’s time for school.”

His jaw dropped open after he focused his eyes on the clock. “But my prince! It’s only 6 in the morning! Your class doesn’t start in another 3 hours!”

“Doesn’t matter! What matters is that I must get to school before Park does!” I said before walking out. “Oh, and wake the others up! I don't want to be late!”

There was a lot of groaning and grumbling in the human vehicle as we headed towards school, not that I care of course.  Park had told me last night that she would be coming today and I was not, under any circumstances, going to miss her arrival. I sighed as I happily stared out the window. My lovely Park... I couldn't wait to see her soon!

“Is this the same prince that didn't care if he was late just a few days ago?” I heard DS mumbled.

“Hmm... what to do... He’s in love. And when you’re in love, every moment counts, right my prince?” VI said, obviously hoping to earn some points with me.

“Right.” I nodded my head, my face grinning. “But VI, I haven’t yet forgiven you about the pick up lines you taught me yesterday.”

“Oh, but why my prince?” He whined. “You managed to call her didn't you?”

“That’s beside the point! You embarrassed me in front of her!”

“But...”

“Urgh... I shouldn’t have listened to you... at all.” I said, shaking my head. “Anyways, today I’m going to do it right. So don't you dare try to mess it up.”

“My prince, if I may, what exactly do you have in mind?” GD asked, no doubt out of curiosity.

“I’ve thought about it long and hard and have decided that today, I will propose to her.” I said, smiling widely.

“What?!?” They shouted in unison as the car screeched to a halt.

“What what?” I asked, bewildered. “What’s going on? Are we dying?!”

YB was the first to recover from what seemed to me was a shock and looked at me. “My prince! It’s much too early for you to propose to her! You hardly even know her!”

“That’s not true!” I argued, stepping out of the car. “I know she’s beautiful, and I know that she will make a fine queen.”

“Beauty is not enough my prince.” DS countered. “You need someone who is smart and compassionate. You need to find these traits in her before you propose to her.”

Well, there goes my plan. Damn it. Why do they have to ruin it for me? I even have the proposal ready! I was going to conjure up a bunch of white doves for her, along with flowers that spelled ‘will you marry me’, and maybe grab a star or two... just to impress her. Now, all those went down the drain, no thanks to my servants... Damn!

“Why do you guys always have to put a stop to all my plans?” I groaned as I made my way to class.

“This time around my prince, your plan is ridiculous.” I heard VI say under his breath.

“I heard that!”

“Err... sorry, my prince.” He quickly apologized.

“So what do we do now? We still have 2 hours.” GD said as soon as we entered class. I walked to my usual seat and plopped down, sighing contentedly. In 2 hours, I will see the smiling face of Park, and I just could not wait...

“Well, if proposing to her now is such a bad idea, why don't you all suggest something else?” I asked as I inspect my beautiful nails.

“Why don't you try going out with her first my prince?” GD said.

“And where exactly do you think we should go? I hardly even know the place!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

“Well, Seoul has many beautiful places my prince. There’s Namsan Tower, you can never go wrong if you take her there. You can take a stroll along Han River, I heard it’s very romantic. And there are a bunch of restaurants that you can go for dinner.... And movies! Though it’s not really my first choice when it comes to first date.” YB said thoughtfully.

“YB, are you talking about your dream date?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

Two red spots appeared on his cheeks while VI and DS snickered in the background.

“YB has a thing for Dara my prince.” GD said with a laugh.

“What? That evil little creature? Are you serious?” I asked, surprised that YB, the most obedient of my servants, had a thing for... bad girls.

“Err...” He stuttered nervously.

“It’s ok YB. Once Park marries me, I will personally ask Dara to marry you. At least Park won’t be lonely in Venoa. Aren’t they friends or something?”

“That is really not necessary my prince.” YB quickly shook his head. “You should focus on your problem my prince, not mine.”

“Right. So how do I get Park to go out with me?” I asked my servants.

“Why don't we do a role play my prince?” DS suggested.

“Yeah! I can be Park!” VI said excitedly.

“Are you suggesting that I act out how I’ll ask her to go out with me later?” I asked incredulously. “And with you nonetheless, VI?”

“No my prince. Not with me. With Park.” VI said. He immediately twirled on the spot, and with a snap of his fingers, Park appeared, replacing VI that was standing in the very same spot just seconds ago.

“How’s this?” VI asked with a smile.

“The voice... it’s still yours.” I said with a frown. “Have you not fully learned the art of transfiguration VI? Have you not been studying? Not only that, you totally just ruined the perfect image of Park I had in my head!”

“Sorry my prince.” VI apologized. “I will try my best to sound like Park.”

“Hmmph...”

“Why don't we start?” GD said, interrupting our banter. “So my prince, ask her if she’s free this weekend. Then tell her that you are new in town. That way, she can take you around Seoul and you can just follow her...”

I cleared my throat and looked at VI, disguised as Park, and crinkled up my nose in disgust. How can I pretend it’s Park when I know full well that it’s VI? I mean, I don't want to fall in love with VI or anything... That is just weird...

Deciding to it up, I took a deep breath. I can do this! “So... err Park.”

VI (Park) turned to look at me and smiled the beautiful smile of Park. My confidence faltered and my face broke into a grin, momentarily forgetting the fact that it was VI I was smiling to, not Park.

“Yes TOP?” VI said, managing to finally at last change his voice.

“Err... Are you free this weekend?” I asked nervously.

“This weekend? Yeah, I’m free. Why?”

“Oh... Well, I’m sort of new in town and I was wondering if you could take me around Seoul...”

“TOP?”

My head immediately turned towards the door and I froze. Park was standing there! Looking at me like I’m some sort of alien from Mars! Eik! What should I do? Did she see me? Did she hear me? Oh Choi SeungHyun, you are screwed now! What if she decided that you are just plain weird and decided to avoid you altogether? I will kill DS for suggesting this! And what the hell was I doing with VI? Come to think of it, did I just grin at him like some idiot in love? Curse them! Curse them all! Wait until we get home!

“Park!” I squeaked, my voice rivalling that of a chicken.

“Hey!” She said, walking towards me with that beautiful smile of hers. “Were you talking to yourself?”

“Uhh...”

“You know you do that a lot right?” She said, sitting down next to me.

“Oh... just some... annoying voices in my head that just wouldn’t go away.” I said, making up some excuse, glad that my servants were invisible.

“Oh yeah. I know what you mean. I get that a lot too!” She said excitedly. “So what are you doing here so early?”

“Just... I wanted to see you.” I said with a smile.

“Me?” She said surprised.

“Now is the perfect time for you to ask her out my prince.” YB said quietly from somewhere behind me.

“Remember what I said my prince? Tell her that...” GD then said.

“So... umm, can I ask you something?” I asked, my palms starting to sweat.

“Sure, what is it?”

“I was... uhh... wondering if you’refreethisweekend?” I mumbled, looking away.

She giggled, the sound filling my ears. Should I ask her to giggle again? Maybe she can giggle forever and make me the happiest man on Earth and Venoa. Isn’t that kind of scary and creepy though?

“What was that TOP? I didn't hear.”

I took a deep breath and stared into her eyes. “I was... wondering if you’re free this weekend?”

“This weekend? Oh yeah. I’m always free during the weekend. Why?” She queried.

“Umm you see, I’m kind of new in town and I was wondering if you can show me around Seoul. I heard it’s very beautiful.” I said, sweating profusely. Damn it! Why am I so nervous?

“Smile my prince, you look so serious.” VI said.

I smiled.

She looked at me for a while before she nodded her head. And yes, I squealed like a little girl in my head.

“Sure! Why not? I’d love to take you around!” She said, her eyes bright. “How about Sunday? Say around 10? Where do you live?”

“Tell her you’d rather meet her here my prince. It is not wise for us to tell her of our location.” DS said before I can reply.

“Umm... why don't we meet here? In front of the school?” I said.

“Great! It’s a date then!” She replied with another one of her brilliant smile.

I released the breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled foolishly to myself. I, Choi SeungHyun, prince of Venoa, have a date with the most beautiful girl of both Earth and Venoa! I could hardly contain my excitement as the little girl inside of me squealed really loudly. I have a date with Park!

“Success, my prince!” GD said happily.

“My prince, I can hear you squealing inside your head. Do you mind lowering the voice? It’s giving me a headache.” VI said.

The little girl in my head squealed even louder, not caring that I was about to burst VI’s eardrums. I was that happy... But oh no! What should I wear?!



 

Chapter Posted on: Jan. 21. 2013

 

Another chapter is up! YEAY! Sorry it's a bit late! I've had too many projects and stuff. Grrr... next chapter will most probably be late as well... sob sob. But i will try my best to update when i'm free. in the meantime, please enjoy this chapter! ^^ HAPPY READING!