Day 18: Magic tricks!

The Prince of VENOA

I stared at the piece of paper I had in my hands, a smile on my lips. I had to get Bom to come with me to this place, but the question is, how? Her stupid bodyguard has been following her to class lately and that idiot was getting on my nerves. I can’t even talk properly to Bom without him interrupting every 5 seconds! Not only that, my fingers get itchy all the time because they just can’t wait to wrap themselves around that dude’s neck! Like seriously, I wish he’d just disappear out of my sight permanently! My eyes lit up at that thought. I can make that happen! I am a prince of Venoa after all! But! Was it wise?

“My prince! What is that you have in your hands?” GD asked as he made his way towards me.

I handed him the paper and stood up. “Find out where this place is.”

He studied the paper before looking at me. “A funfair my prince? You want to go to a funfair?”

“I want to take Bom there.”

“This is in the park just 10 minutes away my prince. We’ve passed it many times on our way to school...” GD said.

“Really?” Hmm, why haven’t I noticed it before?

“Err... my prince, may I ask how you’re going to get Bom there without her bodyguard?” GD asked, scratching his head.

That was a good question. I tapped my chin thoughtfully, wondering the exact same thing. Like I said, I could make him disappear permanently from my sight, but there was no doubt that Bom would ask his whereabouts sooner or later so it wasn’t really a good option. Suddenly my eyes brightened, and I turned to look GD, an idea forming in my head.

“You will follow me tonight to the funfair, and distract him away from Bom.”

“You want us to become visible my prince?” VI asked, having heard what his prince have said.

“No you idiot, stay invisible. He’ll be following behind Bom, and I want you guys to grab and pull him away from us, tie him up somewhere and release him when I say its time.” I elaborated, a wide smile on my face. This could work. At least he’d be away from me for a few hours and honestly speaking, that was all I needed.

“Is that wise my prince? Won’t Park Bom look for him?” YB asked.

I rolled my eyes, made my way over to my makeshift throne and crossed my legs. Being the prince that I was, there was an air of affirmation about me, and they must’ve sensed that for they nodded their head, not daring to argue any longer.

I looked at them smugly. I didn't think so. There was a while of silence, before someone cleared his throat. Who else would it be if not VI?

“My prince, shouldn’t you call Park Bom then? Tell her of your plans.”

He handed the phone to me, yes, I know how to pronounce it! I may seem like I can’t be bothered about all these human stuffs, but I’m not stupid ok? Besides, my bride-to-be would be human, and it wouldn’t do if I know nothing about the human world...

I snatched the phone from his hand and dialled Bom’s number. I just could not keep the smile off of my face as I talked to her. I could see my servants trying to hide their laughter, but oh what the hell. I probably looked like a crazy lovesick lunatic to them but truth of the matter is, that was exactly who I was. I was head over heels for Park Bom, and as cheesy as it sounds, she was the love of life...

“Ok, she has agreed to meet me tonight at 8 at the park. Remember to do as we planned. I swear, if I find him loose while I’m on my date with Bom, I will strangle each and every one of you.” I said threateningly.

“Yes my prince.” They all murmured simultaneously.

Come 8 and I was already waiting patiently at the entrance for Bom to appear. I inspected my outfit and smirked to myself. There had been a ton of girls passing by the entrance and each and every single one of them had turned to ogle at me. I don't blame them really. I mean, everyone has the right to admire something beautiful right? And who’s more beautiful tonight if not me? Of course, that is only until Bom arrives, because I have no doubt that she’ll be the most beautiful out of everyone present.

“Hey! So sorry I’m late!” Bom suddenly said from behind me.

I turned around and smiled at her, my expression turning sour when I noticed the loathsome creature standing right behind her. And oh goodness, how dare he look at me like I’m dirt on his shoe? I clasped my hand behind me as I glared daggers at him. I was ready to snap my finger, because I really want daggers to be flying towards him when I felt Bom’s grip on my arm.

“C’mon TOP, don’t mind him ok? I’m sorry I had to bring him along, but let’s just pretend he’s not around...” She whispered to me.

I smiled at her again and grabbed her hand as we walked in. “Maybe we don’t have to pretend.” I said which was cue to my servants to grab him and tie him up somewhere hidden.

I heard him yelling for help but I laughed out loud then, for absolutely no reason, and pulled her towards... something so that she won’t turn around and notice that her bodyguard was missing.

Lucky for me, she never once realised that he was not with us at all, which suited me just fine. I wasn’t going to complain. I wanted to be alone with her. I let her drag me to whatever that pleases her because for me, as long as we’re together, I was happy.

“What’s that?” I asked when I noticed a little girl holding something round and pointy. She was it with a happy expression on her face, and I wondered if maybe Park would like one too.

“That’s an ice-cream.” Park replied. “You’ve never seen an ice-cream before?”

“O-of course I have!” I stuttered quickly. “Let’s go get one!”

Park nodded her head and we made our way to the ice-cream shop. We were waiting for our ice-cream when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“Ahhhh!” I yelled when I turned to my left. I stepped back, holding my hands up in fear. I sounded like a little girl, but I didn't care, because I was super scared. There was a really scary looking man staring at me. He didn't seem human at all. He had red curly hair, really wide lips, a red nose and his skin was as pale as mine, maybe even paler. I was terribly terrified and I was ready to pee my pants. He looked horrifyingly horrendous.

“TOP, you’re scared of clowns?” Park giggled.

 I dragged Park away from the man, looking over my shoulder in hopes that he didn't follow along. What the hell was a clown? How should I know what a clown looks like? We don't have clowns in Venoa! And why would we destroy our good looks with face paint? Because I’m pretty sure the man looked like any normal human being...

We stopped by a man playing with fire and then again by a man who made a rabbit disappear. Bom gushed at both the performances and I smiled to myself. I could do even better than that...

“I wish I could do magic like them.” She sighed when we were in line for a wheel looking ride a while later.

“I tell you what, I know how to do magic.” I said. I wasn’t planning on telling her who I was just yet, but a little magic trick wouldn’t hurt anybody right? If anything, she might fall in love even more deeply with me...

She scoffed playfully. “TOP, you don't even know what an ice-cream is! Not only that, you’re terrified of clowns!”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t have anything to do with magic.” I countered as we stepped into the carriage that will take us around the wheel.

“Ok, you’re right. Show me some magic then.” Bom grinned.

I snapped my finger and lo and behold, a bouquet of flowers appeared in my hands. I handed it to her, watching as her eyes lit up.

“Wow! That is so cool!” Bom said excitedly. “But you know, this is quite an easy trick. I mean, every magician I saw would always do this.”

“So you want something harder then?” I asked. I snapped my fingers again and fifty doves flew from behind me, spelling her name against the starry backdrop.

I crossed my arms, pleased at the admiration etched on her face. “How’d you do that?” She said in a hushed tone.

“Magic.” I winked.

She stared at me, I’d like to think lovingly, she stared at me lovingly, for a good few minutes before laughter erupted from and she shook her head as if in disbelief.

“Goodness TOP, you’re amazing.” She uttered earnestly.

“I am, aren’t I?”

“Hey uhh, remember what you told me a few days ago? I haven’t yet told you what I feel.”

“Oh yeah?” I said, leaning in. “I have been looking forward to your answer. So what’s it going to be Park?”

She giggled before she too, leaned in. Oh goodness. I can feel something moving in my stomach. She was so close to me I could almost count her lashes. I snapped out of my trance and focused on what she was trying to tell me. It was difficult really, so blinded was I by her beauty.

“I think TOP, I like you too...”

Unable to hold myself back any longer, I captured her soft lips in mine. I was about ready to melt in her presence when I realised that I had kissed her for way too long. I was in cloud 9, but I didn't want to freak her out so I pulled away, aware that a goofy smile was on my face.

 But the look on her face caught me by surprise.

“TOP! You have WINGS?”


Chapter Posted on: Nov. 20. 2013

OMG! I'm so sorry! I've left this for soooo long! I hope this chapter satisfies everyone!!!! I'm so sorry again!!!! Please do comment and tell me what you think! =D