Day 23: Another plan

The Prince of VENOA

Day 23

“YOU!!!” Bom shouted as soon as she saw me the next day. I tried not to smile, but it was hard not to. I mean, with her round cute face red with anger, she was just like the tomato I ate for breakfast. A cute tomato. My tomato.

I grinned at her, not registering the fact that she was super mad at me. Her finger that was just centimetres away from my sharp perfect nose was shaking uncontrollably, but all I could do at that moment was look at her with my smouldering eyes. Maybe that way, she could tone down her anger a little bit. No one has ever resisted my sharp, y, charismatic eyes before. When I look into the mirror at my reflection, not even I could. I mean, not to boast or anything, but my eyes are definitely the best. One of a kind. Perfect. You get what I mean.

“She’s very angry my prince.” YB said worriedly from behind.

“I guess she found out about yesterday.” GD said.

“That’s not possible. We didn't even see her yesterday.” DS argued.

“Then why is she angry at our prince?” VI asked in a confused tone. Honestly, I was as confused as he was. She couldn't possibly know what I did yesterday could she? I had told that old man not to say anything yet!  

“YOU!” Bom said again, this time jabbing her pretty little finger into my chest. Ouch, did that mean my y eyes did not work on her? That’s a bummer. And I am hurt. What happens if we get married and I do something wrong? How can I make up for it? Ok, Choi SeungHyun, you are thinking far too ahead of yourself!

“Yes?” I finally managed to say at my flaming wife to be. Should I be afraid? She was so angry her eyes looked like they were about to pop out from their sockets. I gulped loudly.

“Maybe you should my prince. If I were you, I would run.” VI whispered in an obviously scared tone, though I detected a hint of glee in his voice. Really? He was enjoying this?

“That’s the thing isn’t it? You’re not me. And I am not you.” I said loudly, not even bothering to turn around.

Park Bom retracted her finger, surprised at my sudden statement. She narrowed her eyes, and inspected the area around me. She looked confused, and I waited patiently for her outburst. Because there was going to be one, there was no doubt in my mind.

“Who are you talking to? They’re here aren’t they?” She said, looking at me accusingly. “Your... servants.”

I nodded my head. “Show yourself guys.”

My servants immediately became visible, and Bom noticeably flinched at the sight of their sudden appearance. If she was going to be my princess, then she might as well get used to it.

“Ugh. I could never get used to that.” She said after a while of shocked silence. “You guys... are weird. This is creepy. You are creepy!” She finally shouted, her eyes once again blazing.

“Go on.” I said. I would take it calmly, like how father always did when mother was angry.

“TOP I can’t believe you went to see my dad yesterday! And don’t ask me how I know because he flat out told me! He practically forced me to marry you so he could rule... Earth! I mean, can you believe that? That is so absurd! There is no way he could rule Earth on his own! And how dare he forced me to marry you?!” Bom fumed.

I crossed my arms, and leaned back into my chair. “I don't see how that’s a problem.” I shrugged.

“TOP, you are... how do I put it nicely... erm, alien. You are an alien.” Bom sighed as she took a seat in front of me.

“A handsome alien. And I am not an alien. I am the Prince of Venoa.” I said in my majestic voice.

She managed a small smile, before looking at me once again. “Right. As strange as it is for me to say it, you are of... another planet. And I am of Earth. You are an amazing guy, but there’s no way we could work TOP. We are so different.”

“Park Bom.” I said, grabbing onto her hand. “The first moment I saw you I knew you were royalty material. So no, we are not that different. I am royalty by birth, but you’ll be royalty by marriage.”

“Are you even listening to yourself?” Bom said incredulously. “Marriage? TOP, I’m 24! I’m too young to get married!”

“And I’m 105. I’m at the right age to get married.”

Her eyes widened in surprise. “Wait what? You’re not 105! If you were, you would have gray hair and no teeth.”

I raised my eyebrow, amused. “Is that how old people on Earth looks like? Rest assured Park Bom, that I will never look like that.”

“Yeah but I might.” She quickly countered. “TOP, if I ever lived to be 105, my skin would be all wrinkly and I would really have no teeth. My hair would be gray; I would be practically blind and deaf while you remain as... you. You’ll be as royal and as majestic as you are now. Is that what you want?”

The silence stretched and I stared at her. I never thought of that. What she said made sense. I mean, I probably can live up to 500 years old and still look the way I do, while Park Bom might not even live up to 100. I groaned inwardly. What am I going to do?

“We have healers of magical powers my prince. I’m sure we’ll figure something out.” GD hurriedly offered when I remained silent. Yes, we do don't we? Maybe they can do something about it. Surely father would’ve thought of it, considering he sent me here in the first place.

“Yes, my servant’s right. We’ll figure something out Park Bom.” I said, determined.

But Park Bom just shook her head at me. “No TOP. You don't understand. There are a lot of things I want to do-“

“We can do them together! You and me!”

“But getting married isn’t one of them.” She finished quietly. “At least not yet. I really like you but now’s not the right time. Maybe we can keep seeing each other and after a few years then we can see whether I’m ready for it.”

I rubbed my face, feeling suddenly anxious. If she refused me now, then there’s no way I can be on my father’s throne. Oh father, why did you make this so difficult for me?

“I don't have a few years Park Bom. I only have 7 more days before I return to Venoa.” I replied in a dejected tone.

Park Bom stood up slowly, the expression on her face one of sadness and regret. “In that case, I’m sorry TOP, I really can’t help you.”

Before I could say another word, she walked out of the classroom, leaving me with my thoughts. I was officially doomed. What was I supposed to do now? I don't want to just bring a random girl back to Venoa! I want Park Bom! I can only see myself with Park Bom! I have to bring her back to Venoa with me. But how was I to convince her?

“There is something we can do my prince.” VI suddenly said.

“Really?” I said wearily. “Because it didn't really work the last time. We shouldn’t have trusted the old wretched man.”

“We don't have to trust anyone this time my prince.” VI said. He sounded quite excited, and my curiosity piqued. Now I’m actually listening to my youngest servant. Great, just great. I am so desperate.

“Give me what you got.” I finally said.

“This, my prince!” He screamed down my ear, waving a piece of paper frantically in front of my face.

I scowled at him. How dare he wave things in my face? He could literally hurt me! Imagine getting a paper cut right on my beautiful flawless cheek! That could ruin me forever!

“Sorry my prince.” He quickly apologized. “But take a look at the paper.”

“Hanguk University Annual Ball.” I read with a frown. “And it’s in two days. But what’s this gotta do with anything? VI! You better not play with me!”

“No my prince! I am not playing at all!”

“My prince, maybe we should hear what VI has to say.” YB said, coming to VI’s rescue.

“It’s not like I have a choice right?” I rolled my eyes. “Go on VI, tell me about your 'brilliant' idea.”

“It’s like this my prince.” VI started. “She clearly likes you. I mean, she said so herself. We can use that to our advantage my prince. Let’s make her jealous.”

“Make her jealous? Is that really wise VI?” DS questioned. Exactly what I had in mind. Listening to VI was a terrible mistake, I can see that now.

“No my prince! It’s not a terrible mistake! Think about it. She’ll be there, and so will you, with another girl. You just have to make sure she sees you with that girl.”

“But she’ll show up as a boy.” GD pointed.

“Exactly. All the more reason for her to get jealous. She would be dying of jealousy when she sees our prince dance with the girl, but there would be absolutely nothing she could do about it if she doesn’t want to expose herself. I’m sure that’s not what she wants.”

“Just a question. Where are we going to find this other girl?” YB asked.

“Well, there’s CL.” VI suggested. “Or maybe Dara.”

“Not Dara!” YB quickly interjected. He cleared his throat when he noticed my knowing gaze. “It’s just erm... well, one of us can be the girl right?”

I smirked at YB. “Don't worry YB. She’s off limits, I get it.”

He flushed red at my statement. “It’s just... you hate her anyway right?”

“So who’s gonna be my lady then?” I asked loudly. And before VI had the chance to volunteer, I continued. “Besides VI.”

“I don't mind.” GD then volunteered. “Maybe I can transform into Miss Venoa 2005.”

I shook my head. “She’s too dull GD.”

“But she is the prettiest.” He countered. “And if we want to make Park Bom jealous, then the prettier the better right?”

“Fair enough.” I said with a slight nod of my head. I ran the plan through my head once again, just to make sure there were no flaws whatsoever. Considering I only have 7 days left on Earth, there's no harm trying out the plan is there? I just hoped for VI's sake, it works. Because if it doesn't, well... 

I turned my sharp eyes towards VI, and he cowered in fright. Just the reaction I was hoping for.

“I swear VI, if this plan doesn’t work, you’ll be scrubbing the toilet for eternity. Not just mine either, but the whole palace.”

“Rest assured my prince, that my plans always work.” He replied haughtily. Really? He even had the nerve to reply to me like that? This boy was unbelievable.

I looked at him a while longer before I turned to GD. “Now. GD. We don't have to go as far as kissing do we?” 


Chapter Posted: Sept. 12. 2014

Next chapter is up! Hope you guys like it! =D Please do tell me what you think! Enjoy!