DAY 19: The truth

The Prince of VENOA

DAY 19

“My prince, I can’t believe you did that last night.” VI snickered.

“Well! I don't see you having a better idea!” I shrieked at him in a state of panic. I tapped my fingertips together and shook my legs at an alarming speed. I was scared, very very scared last night. How could I be so careless as to let her see my wings?

“I do, in fact.” VI said before he could stop himself.

I raised one eyebrow at him. Did he just speak back to me? Did he just open his big mouth to that rhetorical statement I just mentioned? How dare he? Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who thought so. The rest of my servants gasped in shock, while he himself, realising too late that he had made a mistake, covered his mouth in fear. Yeah well, he should be pissing his pants by now. If there was one thing I hated, it was someone talking back to me. May I remind you that I am STILL the Prince of Venoa even though we’re on Earth?!

“I apologize my prince.” He quickly apologized, trying to take back what was already said.

I gestured for him to continue. “No no, go on. You’ve had a lot of experience with women it seems so you must know a lot. Tell me VI, what would you do if you were the one up in that carriage last night?”

He guarded me cautiously, probably wondering if I was trying to trick him into making a mistake by stating his suggestion. Well, let him think that I way. I honestly just wanted to hear what exactly he would do...

“My prince, you could have reversed the time.” GD quickly cut in. I supposed he had sensed that I would jump at VI for talking back and I guessed he was right. I would probably do something to VI which I would regret, but not before thoroughly enjoying myself first.

“Well, I was going to suggest wiping her memory clear of the whole situation.” VI said slowly.

“That’s preposterous!” DS said in shock. “It’s a difficult magic! One wrong move and you could wipe away her entire memory!”

“Not to mention it’s against the law!” The ever so righteous YB exclaimed.

I stopped pacing when the suggestion was mentioned, and glared at the person who suggested it. He looked frightened when my gaze pierced him, and I revelled in the fact that he cowered ever so slightly. Hmm, at least he still knows his place...

“One,” I started slowly, as if speaking to a small child, which VI still is in my honest opinion. A woman loving child. I shuddered just thinking about it. It was wrong on so many levels. “Like DS said, one wrong move and her entire memory of me would disappear just like that. NOT what we want to do. And secondly, do you have any idea how illegal your suggestion is? Do you honestly think I’d go against my father’s law?”

He bowed his head. “I apologize my prince. I didn't mean to upset you. But then, there is still the option of reversing the time.”

I walked towards the window and looked at the scenery laid out before me. Seoul is beautiful I guess, but I long for the quiet nature Venoa offers. I want to ride my beautiful black horse again, I want to hold my sword, not some... cellophone. I know it’s called a phone, but I wasn’t entirely sure of its full name. Though I have to admit, it’s quite a handy gadget. I might suggest it to father when we get back, that is, IF I can convince Park to come with me.

I mulled over the thought of ‘reversing the time’. I could’ve reversed the time last night, but I didn't. I was terrified beyond belief when she saw my wings, and when I froze, I decided to do the same with the time. When nothing else came to mind, I ran. I left my servants by the entrance and I just ran. I didn't know how I returned to my room but when I reached, I dove under the covers of my bed and started shaking uncontrollably. I was terribly frightened that she had seen my wings. It wasn’t time for me to show her anything! Not yet! I wasn’t even this scared when the basilisk attacked our land!

“Anyway!” I said over my shoulder. It wouldn’t do to keep thinking about it. What had happened had already happened. Bom had already seen my wings and there was nothing I could do about it. I wondered if I should call her. Or maybe I should wait for her to call? No doubt she would demand an answer as to why I left her hanging last night, literally.

“I think you should wait for her to call my prince.” YB said, having read my thought. “I’m pretty sure she’ll call you soon.”

“Are you mocking me?” I asked him incredulously, having noticed the hint of snicker in his voice.

“No my prince, absolutely not.” He quickly replied, though I bet you he’s laughing his insides out at me.

As if on cue, the hand gadget emitted a loud noise and I threw it on the bed, letting out a high pitch scream. Yes it is handy, but I truly hated the element of surprise that comes with this thing. I let it go once, twice, before the phone rang again. I peered at the screen and noticed Bom’s name flashing back at me. I bit my lip anxiously. What shall I tell her?

I reached for the phone with a shaky hand, and pressed the button to accept her call. Almost at once, her bright cheery voice greeted me.

“TOP! Finally! I was so worried! Are you ok? What happened last night? You were there one moment and gone the next! How did you run out from the ferris wheel? We were so high up!”

I couldn't help the burst of giggle that escaped my mouth. She sounded so frantic, yet she still managed to sound as cute as she could.

“Bom, Bom!” I at last said through her questioning. “Maybe we should meet up. I have something to tell you. Meet you in front of our university in 10 minutes?”

As soon as I hung up, GD spoke. “Are you sure about this my prince?”

I took a deep breath, the seed of doubt in my mind blooming into a God-freaking giant oak tree. I had absolutely no idea. What if when I told her who I really was she would run away from me? What if I never see her again? All these ‘what ifs’ were making me a tad bit nervous and I shook my head slowly.

“I don't know GD. I gotta try. If I don't tell her now I’ll run out of time.” I said before making my way out, my servants in tow.

“There she is my prince.” DS said a while later, while we waited for Bom in the parking lot.

I stopped heaving frantically, because that seemed to be the only way for me NOT to my pants and forced a smile on my face as she approached.

“Hi!” I said, happy to find that she had ditched her bodyguard for today. “Where’s that pathetic excuse for a guy?”

Bom giggled. “You mean my bodyguard? He’s been telling me crazy stories since morning! He said he was tied up last night at the funfair by invisible men! I couldn't take it anymore so I sent him home. I mean, can you believe him?”

I managed a light laugh, hearing my invisible servants do the same. I gulped before asking her my next question. “Do you believe him?”

Bom snorted in a very unlady like way, but that’s okay, because I still find her cute anyway. “Of course not! There’s no such thing as invisible men! By the way, you’re really good with magic.”

“What?”

“Yeah! I mean, you made wings appear on your back last night after we kissed! It was so cool! How did you do it?”

I pulled her to the bench and sat her down, taking my seat next to her. Grabbing hold of her hand, I gazed into her eyes. No more jokes this time, it was time to get serious.

“Bom, do you believe in beings not of this Earth?” I asked cautiously.

She furrowed her brow in confusion. “You mean alien?”

What the hell is alien? “Yeah. Something like that.” I said, deciding to agree with her anyway. “What would you say if I told you that...  I’m an alien?

Her eyes widened in shock and she looked at me like I just grew another head. Should I do that? Just to prove that I am an alien? Whatever that means?

She let out a hysterical laugh then and slapped my shoulder in a playful manner. “You’re so funny! You’re not an alien TOP! Because if you are, then so am I!”

I looked at her, bewildered. She’s not of Earth too?! “You are?”

“NO! Don’t be silly! Of course I’m not! Neither are you! TOP, an alien is... oh I don't know, green with 3 legs and 2 heads.”

“You just described a creature on my land!” I said in shocked surprise. How did she know that?

“What?”

I shook my head. The conversation was starting to sound ridiculous. She doesn’t believe me. How can I tell her who I am if she can’t even take me seriously?

“Bom.” I said softly, my hold on her hand tightening. “I like you. A lot. In fact, I’m pretty sure I love you. And I wouldn’t lie to a person I love so you gotta believe me.”

“TOP you’re scaring me. What’s going on? What are you trying to tell me?”

“My prince, are you sure about this? She looked really scared.” YB urgently interrupted from behind me.

“I don't think she’ll believe you my prince!” GD squeaked.

“I gotta try guys.” I said, not bothering to look away from Bom as I said that.

“Who are you talking to?” She asked, furrowing her brow.

I took a deep breath, ignoring my servants’ persistent protests from behind me, and opened my mouth to tell her the truth.

“Bom, I mean it when I said I’m not of this Earth. We may look the same as humans except for the wings at the nape of my neck which you have already seen last night, and the fact that we can do magic with just the click of our fingers. I come from a planet known as Venoa, where my father rules as King. Naturally of course, that makes me the Prince of Venoa. He’s getting too old to rule so he made a deal with me. I am to marry before I can sit on the throne. Flocks of Venoan females came to the castle, hoping to be my Queen but none of them caught my eye. So my father, King of Venoa sent me here to Earth to find myself a suitable wife. And you know what, I have found one. I would like to take you back to Venoa so you can meet my father and be my Queen. Please Bom, you gotta believe me.”

She stared at me quietly, still not believing what I told her. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she shook her head. “You just made that up didn't you?”

I sighed. “You still don't believe me.”

“TOP, that story just does not make sense. I’ve never even heard of a planet called Venoa!”

“That’s because it’s invisible to people that has nothing to do with it.” I replied, trying to sound as patient as I possibly could. “Alright then, I’ll show you something else. Guys, show yourself please.”

“Who are you talking to TOP? There’s no one here.” The moment she let that out, my 4 servants appeared behind me, and she looked at them, an even more shocked expression on her face.

“These are my servants.” I said to her slowly. “They’re here with me to help me find a wife.”

She stood up from the bench and took a step back, looking fearful. I tried to advance towards her, but she continued to step back, continuously shaking her head.

“Stay there.” She said, holding out her hands. “You stay there and don't follow me. Just let me... just...”

She did the one thing I feared the most. She turned and ran as fast as her legs could carry her, without even a backward glance at me. I stared at her running form in despair. Did I just blow away my chance of being with her? But I had to tell her at some point or another right? I just hope she could come around before 30 days is up. What was I going to do if I couldn't convince her to come back with me? Would I still be allowed to sit on that throne? 


Chapter Posted on: Nov. 29. 2013

Next chapter is up up up! So what do you think Bom will do now that she knows the truth?! *gasp* hahahaha thank you everyone for commmeting and subscribing~ Love each and every single one of you! Keep them coming ok?! =D