DAY 7: Cheesy pick-up lines?!

The Prince of VENOA

 

“My prince. It’s time for dinner.” DS said with a bow.

“I don't want to eat.” I replied, my voice muffled by the heavy blanket I decided to cover myself with.

“But my prince, you haven’t eaten in three days. You must eat something today!” DS exclaimed.

“Just leave me alone DS!”

“What’s all the commotion about?” YB said when he entered my chamber. “What’s going on DS?”

“Our prince YB, has refused meals for three days. If he doesn’t eat today, he’ll die of hunger!”

“And I’d rather die!” I shouted beneath the blanket. “Both of you leave me alone!”

“My prince... I think I know what this is about.” YB said, no doubt with an annoying smile. “This is about Park isn’t it?”

“I don't get it!” I whined, sitting up on my bed and throwing aside the covers. “Why was she absent for three days? Why YB? Why?” I said, a tad bit dramatically.

“Err...” He stuttered, at a loss of for words. “I am not sure my prince.”

“Do you think she’s sick?” I asked, getting up and walking towards my servants. “Do you think something came up? Do you think she got into an accident? Oh my goodness, do you think she died?”

“My prince!” YB interjected. “If I may, I think you’re being slightly overboard with your theories. I’m sure she has her reasons for not coming to class my prince, I highly doubt she died.”

 “How do you know that?” I asked, my voice rising a decibel. “How can you be so sure YB?”

“My prince. May I suggest you call her?” GD said when he heard our conversation. “At least it will put your mind at ease.”

“Call?” My brow furrowed. “How?”

“With the numbers she gave you my prince.” GD replied with a bow.

I turned to look at the device that was placed on the bedside table, and crinkled my nose. “Are you sure there are no birds in this world we can use to send messages? I don't particularly like phoon.”

“It’s pronounced phone my prince.” DS replied with a smile on his face. “And yes, such birds do not exist in this world. Why don't you give her a call my prince?”

“Yeah well... easier said than done. I don't know how to use this thing nor do I know what to say to her.” I said, dangling the device in front of his face.

“Ahh... trouble with the ladies I heard.” VI said, suddenly appearing in my chamber. “Well, no worries my prince. VI at your service.”

“Where were you?” I frowned.

He blushed. “I was err... sleeping my prince. Forgive me.”

“How can you sleep at a time like this? You... all of you were supposed to help me!” I yelled as I paced in front of them.

“We are trying to... my prince.” VI replied. “If only you’ll let us...”

“Don't get smart with me now VI!” I said, my finger inches from his nose.

“Sorry, my prince.” He apologized.

I narrowed my eyes at him, and walked around my chamber, deep in thought. Calling her seemed to be the best idea, but what the hell would I say to her? Hi? Where have you been? I’ve missed you! My life without you was as dark as the hair on my armpits? No... that didn't seem quite right. Besides, who would use armpits to describe how they feel? I ran my fingers through my hair, my heart palpitating at the speed of light. I could... ask for VI’s help but was that wise? He was much younger than me and to know that he knew more about women horrified me to say the least. But how can he know more about it than me? I was supposed to be wisest of them all!

 “Err... my prince. You look... constipated.” DS said after a while of silence.

I groaned in exasperation. What am I going to do? All I can think about is her long beautiful hair and the way she smiled. Argh! There must be something I can do! Think brain! Think! Why do you fail me now when I needed you the most?

“My prince. You look like you need some help.” VI said. I sensed a hint of smugness in his voice and I rolled my eyes. Him and his arrogance...

“I don't need your help!” I scowled.

“But I thought you said we were supposed to help you...”

“I know what I said VI!” I shouted. “I just don't need your help! Maybe YB can help me.”

“Err... my prince...” YB stuttered while VI laughed.

“What now VI?” I said in frustration.

“YB cannot help you here my prince. He has no experience whatsoever with the ladies.”

“VI!”

“Is that true YB?” I asked with interest. Really? I mean, he may be short and all, but he can sing, and not to mention, his body is much better than mine. Not that I’d ever tell him that of course. He might fall in love with me or something...

YB blushed and averted his gaze. “I think it’s better you seek VI’s advice about this my prince.” He stuttered.

“Don’t worry YB! After I marry Park, I will find you a nice and beautiful Venoan female to marry.” I said, looking at him in a pitiful manner. I then turned to look at VI, hating the haughty expression he was wearing on his face.

“If you embarrass me in front of Park VI, I swear to you I’ll cut off your wings and shave your head.” I threatened him.

“Fair enough my prince. But I assure you, VI’s way is the right way.” He said with a grin.

“Whatever. Now just tell me what I have to do.”

He reached for a magazine on the table and handed it to me.

“1000 cheesy pick up lines to pick up ladies.” I read the title. “What is this? What is a pick up line? Why is it cheesy? And why are there 1000 of it? Do I have to try it all?”

“No my prince. I bought this downstairs and thought it might come in handy for you.” VI said proudly.

“Pick up lines, my prince, is what you can say to women to impress them.” GD informed me.

I looked at him in confusion. “Ok... but why is it cheesy? Do I have to eat something cheesy to say it?”

DS snickered at my statement. “No, my prince. Cheesy simply means... err... I’m not sure how to explain it...”

“You don't have to explain it DS.” VI cut in. “My prince, you don't have to know what cheesy means. All you have to know is that these pick up lines work. I have selected a few good ones for you to read. Turn to page 20. The one at the very bottom.”

I did as I was told and read the line silently, my forehead creasing by the second. Was the boy for real? “Hello, I’m a thief, and I’m here to steal your heart.” I read out loud.

“Good isn’t it?” VI grinned.

“VI! This is preposterous! I am no thief! And let me tell you that it is virtually impossible to steal anyone’s heart!” I reprimanded him. Yes, I know what a thief means! And he is out of his mind!

“That is not a very good one VI.” GD said from the corner of the room.

I nodded my head in agreement, glad that someone was at least a bit saner than VI.

“Err ok... Then read the one I highlighted on page 40.” VI said.

“My love for you is like diarrhoea, I just can’t hold it in.” I read before glaring at VI. “VI! You are disgusting!”

“But my prince!”

“No buts! Urgh! This is a disaster! I must’ve have temporarily lost my mind to have asked you for help!” I yelled. “Isn’ t there any good ones? I want her to like me! Not avoid me like the plague!”

“Way to go VI!” YB muttered under his breath.

I was about to throw the magazine at VI’s head but stopped just in time when a pick up line caught my eye. I smiled to myself. This one’s not so bad. Maybe I can use this...

“Err... are you ok my prince? Why are you smiling to yourself?” GD asked, puzzled.

“DS, come here and call Park for me.” I instructed.

“You want me to talk to her?” He asked, confused.

“No, idiot. You call, I’ll talk.” I said impatiently.

“But my prince... you are trembling. Are you scared?” VI smirked.

“I have fought the dragons that dwell in our mountains! How dare you say I’m scared of such a task like this?!”

“But you...”

“Drop it VI.” YB cut in sharply.

“Here you go my prince.” DS said, handing the phone thing to me.

I looked at it strangely. “What do I do with it?”

“Put it on your ear. No my prince, the other side. Yes, then you talk into it... when you hear her voice.” DS said.

My breath hitched to a complete stop when I heard Park on the other side. “Hello?”

“Talk, my prince.” YB urged. Humph... They must’ve enhanced their hearing to hear Park’s voice. How was it possible that I can hear her when she’s not even in the room? Wait a minute, is she in my room? She could be hiding behind the curtains, or in my closet... could she? I quickly scanned the room and shook my head. That was impossible... I’ll never understand human creations...

“HELLO? PARK?”

“My prince, there is no need to shout into the phone.” GD said, a smile on his face. Is he making fun of me? “Just talk normally, she can hear you just fine.”

“TOP?  Is that you?” She said with a laugh. “Why are you shouting?”

“Ahh...” I said, my cheeks reddening by the second. “Yeah... uhh... how are you? You haven’t come to class for quite a while...”

“Tell her you were wondering what happened to her.” VI said.

“I was wondering what happened...” I repeated.

“Aww... that’s so sweet of you. But I’m fine. Some family matters came up. But I’ll be back tomorrow though.”

“Oh ok. That’s good.” I said, nodding my head. As if she could see...

“Is there anything else you want to tell me?”                                                                            

I quickly flipped through the pick up line magazine VI gave me and read the line that caught my eye earlier.

“Park, let me just say that your beauty makes the morning sun look like the dull glimmer of the moon...” I said nervously.

“What?” She chuckled. “Are you alright? Maybe you should rest TOP. It’s getting late isn’t it? I’ll see you tomorrow ok?”

“Err... ok.”

“Goodbye!”

“You .” I said to VI as soon as she hung up the phone thing.

“My prince... to make the lines work, you have to say it in the right place and at the right time. I’m sorry to say that you... didn't do it quite right.” VI said.

I threw the phoon away and collapsed on the bed. “Whatever. Now get out all of you. I want to get some rest.”

I sighed as I stared at the ceiling. This was going nowhere. How do I court her when I’m so nervous about it? Stop it Choi SeungHyun! You are a prince for goodness sake! And a prince, especially the prince of Venoa, does not get nervous or scared! I have fought dragons and grizzly bears! It is ridiculous to even think that I can be so scared of... women



 

Chapter posted on: Jan. 17. 2013

Next chapter is up! As you can probably see, it's not Day 5. I decided not to write according to days because then it'll be super long and it may take me a while to finish. >.< But anyways, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter! ^^ Thanks again for subscribing and commenting! And oh, i have no idea why there re votes for stories but please do vote for mine! =D