#15

My Forced Marriage

"Welcome home, Prince KyuHyun and Princess SooYoung." The servants greeted one by one as KyuHyun grabbed SooYoung's hand bravely and bowed to them one by one. SooYoung blushed as she used her other hand to hold onto KyuHyun's arm.

"It's going to be alright." KyuHyun said as he kissed her temple. She sighed as they waited outside the big loomy door of Madam JooSung's room. KyuHyun was worried too, but he didn't want to show it to SooYoung. He didn't know whether the consequences would be dire or not.

"Come in," The butler said as he opened the door. KyuHyun and SooYoung entered as Madam JooSung sat at the sofa, her persian cat.

"Why, Why. What have we got here? Two little runaway royalties. You have a lot to tell me about your.. Experiences." 

KyuHyun glared at her angrily. He was about to charge at her and smack her right down on the face when SooYoung stopped him when he took his first step out of the spot they were standing at.

"Don't move until I'm done, KyuHyun." Madam JooSung said as she checked her nails.

"Really, I have no intentions of punishing you but.. Princess SooYoung.. you are really bold." 

KyuHyun clenched his fist tightly. By right, it was him who was supposed to get punished instead of SooYoung because he was the male and he was also the one who suggested going out on a vacation, until his jealousy took over him.

"As a wife, have you taken good care of KyuHyun? He is not supposed to do labour work and from my private investigator who had been scanning the village sometime, he saw you two working. Well SooYoung let me tell you this. I favour my own nephew, and thus you are IN THE WRONG!" She shouted angrily as SooYoung took one step back. KyuHyun pulled SooYoung closer to him as he glared at Madam JooSung harder.

"Old woman you just shut up-"

"Oppa.." SooYoung called out softly as he held onto her hand tighter.

"Youngie, there's nothing to be afraid of. I'm here with you." He said softly as he carrassed her cheek.

"Okay enough of this mushy thing here.. KyuHyun ah, please excuse us. We need to have a ladies talk." Madam JooSung signalled the butler to pull KyuHyun out of the room as SooYoung felt her hands clutching onto the hem of her blouse tighter as Madam JooSung made her way towards SooYoung.

"Aunt, I-I'm sorr- AH!" SooYoung screamed as Madam JooSung slapped her hard on the cheek.

"Let me tell you this.. I do NOT like your guts Choi SooYoung.  I hate the chois, get it?!" Madam JooSung shouted angrily as she pulled SooYoung by her hair to make her stand up.

"I'll do anything to make you leave the Cho family. As long as there's a Choi in here, I am going to make sure this is HELL." She said as she pinched SooYoung's cheek.

"Ah! A-Aunt J-JooSung.. L-Let go!" She shouted as she tried to pry the hands off her face. 

------------------------------------

KyuHyun paced up and down in the hallway as he heard a moment of silence. He looked at the butler who had a straight face on all the time.

"Look old man, let me go in."He said angrily as the butler shook his head and signalled the guards to hold back KyuHyun.

"Yah! Do you know who you're tackling!?" He shouted as he tried to kick them away but to no avail. He waited outside until he heard a scream followed by some muffled shouts.

"That scream.. It's SooYoung's! LET ME GO IN!" KyuHyun shouted as he ran towards the door but got pulled away by the guards.

"Prince KyuHyun please control yourself!" The butler shouted as KyuHyun shook his head vigorously. Shortly after, he heard more painful screams followed by Madam JooSung shouting:

"I'll do anything to make you leave the Cho family. As long as there's a Choi in here, I am going to make sure this is HELL."

KyuHyun gasped as he thought of what happened previously between the Chois and Chos. He clenched his fist tightly as he heard SooYoung scream again.

".. I'M GOING IN." He pushed the guards away using all his might as he signalled his own bodyguards to hold the butler and guards down.

"Make sure they don't come in." He said coldly as he kicked the door. He was shocked when he saw the scene infront of him.

SooYoung was on the ground, trying to stand up but Aunt JooSung's heels were pinning her down. She stepped on SooYoung's foot.

"Let me tell you this too Choi SooYoung, this is the beginning ONLY. And also, before that.. KYUHYUN ALREADY HAVE A LOV-" before Aunt JooSung could continue what she wanted to say, KyuHyun pushed her away and glared at her hardly. He ran towards SooYoung who was crying and hugged her tightly.

"Get out. NOW." a voice boomed from the door. KyuHyun's father emerged from outside as Madam JooSung stared at him in horror.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!" He shouted again as she didn't budge again.

"Force her to come out." He said as the bodyguards went towards Aunt JooSung and dragged her out.

"YAH, THAT'S MY ROOM! THAT CHOI IS INSIDE, I WON'T GET OUT!" She shouted as she continued to get dragged outside to the main hall. The door closed behind them and silence filled the room. KyuHyun hugged the crying SooYoung in his arms as she cried against his chest.

He examined her injuries. A few bruises on her arm,  bruised ankle and there was a red mark on her face. He shook his head profusely upon thinking of his aunt. He knew why she was so against the Chois, but Choi SooYoung was different. She was different from the rest of her family. She was special to him.

"It's alright, I'm here now." He said softly as he SooYoung's hair. He felt guilty.

He carried SooYoung up to the room as she sat on the bed, blanket covering her legs. Yuri came in crying as she saw a depressed SooYoung.

"Soo ah, if she dares to do anything again, tell me! I'll scorch her with my teapots." Yuri said as she bandaged SooYoung's foot.

"Unnie, it's alright."

"Omo, don't call me unnie, I'm your servant! Sorry Prince." Yuri said as KyuHyun shook his head.

"It's alright Yuri sshi. What happened to SooYoung, I'm sorry too.. I couldn't protect.. her.." He said softly as Yuri gave a small smile to him.

Soon, Yuri left the room. KyuHyun climbed onto the bed as he sat down beside SooYoung who was in a daze. He her hair as he turned her head to face him. Tears were in her eyes. She hugged KyuHyun by the neck as he patted her back.

"Soo, I'm sorry. I-I'm useless, I couldn't protect you.." He said as a tear formed in his eye. SooYoung pulled away and used her finger to wipe away the tear that had dropped on his handsome face.

"Kyu, it's okay.." She said softly as KyuHyun looked into her eyes, his eyes themself getting teary.

"I-I really want to protect you! B-But I.. I don't even have the power to.." He said as SooYoung shook her head.

"KyuHyun ah, you already did. You barged into the room to stop her, right? That's protecting me." KyuHyun still looked unconvinced by what she said as she sighed and lifted his face that was looking at the blanket all the time. "I know that you love me, that's all I need to know, Kyu." She said as he broke into a soft smile. He carrassed her face as he leaned in slowly, looking at her lips all the time. She blushed as she decided to lean in towards him too. Soon, their lips met. KyuHyun smiled as he kissed SooYoung soft and gently. Shortly, he pulled away from her and hugged her tightly. 

SooYoung felt secured, and that was all she needed to feel with him.

--------------------------------------------

Key stood at the door as he watched KyuHyun and SooYoung talking to each other, then sharing a kiss. He felt his heart broke as he watched the scene infront of him. He intended to check up on SooYoung but it looks like.. she already had someone who was with her.

He ran back into his room, not wanting anyone to see his pathetic state. He shut his room door behind him as he slumped onto it, sitting onto the cold ground. He put his hands to his face as he cried. 

Why is fate playing with me? I had a chance then, why did he have to come in between us? I thought this forced marriage would always just be a fake act, but it became a real one.. How am I supposed to have a chance with her, and live with her as though she's my sister in law? I can't accept the fact.. I can't.. Because I still love her. My feelings for her never changed at all.

================================