Fifth Fate

The Romantic and Idol Season 1 After Story

Huh Gak & Zia - I Need You

 

“Hyungsik-ah, please don’t mess up our performance today okay? I beg you!” asked Junyoung hyung to me. Well, it’s not like I messed the other performances on purpose. There are just too many things that bother me right now. Anyway, I’ll definitely try my best; I won’t let my thoughts distract me during a performance this time. I don’t want to disappoint and burden the other members from covering my mistakes in the performance again. I need to be serious today; this will be my last performance in 2012. I won’t mess this up. You can do it Park Hyungsik!

***

“Unnie, let’s end this year with a spectacular performance!” said Sohyun energetically to me. I nodded with a smile towards her. She’s right; I need to do well today. It’s the year-end performance; I don’t want to disappoint those who have supported me until now. You can do it Nam Jihyun!

While waiting for our turn, I took out my phone and decided to call Hyungsik. Well, that time I promised to call him back when I have the time to do so. I’m tired of waiting; I should start taking initiative first right? I dialed the number that he used when calling me before.

“Hello?” somebody answered the phone there.

I’m sure it’s not Hyungsik’s voice. It might be Kevin’s. That time, Hyungsik told me that he’s using Kevin’s phone.

“Is this Kevin?”

“Yes, who is this?”

“Eo, this is Jihyun, Nam Jihyun.”

“Ah! 4Minute’s Nam Jihyun right? Are you looking for Hyungsik?” asked the voice out there enthusiastically.

“Yes. Sorry for bothering you, is he there at the moment?”

I barely know Kevin, I feel awkward for talking to him throughout the phone right now.

“He went to the washroom just now. Do you want to leave a message for him?”

“Um… It’s fine then. Does he still use his old phone number? Maybe, I’ll just send him a message then. I’m calling your phone right now because he called me using your number before.”

“Ah Jihyun-ssi, please don’t send any message to his number. He will be in a big trouble if our CEO knows that you guys are still texting each other,” he told me.

“What? What do you mean?”

What did I hear just now? Did I hear it wrongly? What actually is happening right now?

“Didn’t Hyungsik tell you everything when he called you last time? He borrowed my phone to call you because he wants to tell you about what happened. He wants to clear all of the misunderstandings that you might had because he didn’t text you for a while.”

“Seriously? He didn’t tell me anything about it as I was busy that day.”

I really didn’t expect such things to happen. I’m so surprised with Kevin’s word just now. Is he saying that Hyungsik will get into a trouble with their CEO if he contacts me?

“I’ll just tell you this one thing but please don’t tell Hyungsik that I’m telling you this. Hyungsik-i, he really loves you. He wasn’t doing well lately because he keeps thinking about you.”

Wow! I really need to thank this guy for being so direct and telling me this although I'm actually not the type of person who can easily believe other people's sayings. The thing that Kevin told me just now is exactly what I wanted to know. In my mind, I keep thinking that we are connected by an invisible red line called 'fate'. I really didn’t think that their CEO will find out about Hyungsik’s true feelings toward me. So perhaps, this is why he didn’t contact me at all for a while..

“Thank you for telling me about these things. Anyway, I need to hang up the phone first as I have a performance soon. I’m really glad to hear these things. Once again, thank you.”

***

“Who did you call just now?” I asked Kevin hyung directly as I actually overheard his conversation a little bit.

“Jihyun noona isn’t it?” I asked him again.

“Yes.”

“WHAT? Why did you tell her those things?”

Without realizing, I raised my tone up while talking with Kevin hyung. Honestly, I was quite mad after knowing that he told Jihyun noona about me who wasn’t doing well because I keep thinking about her. What would probably in Jihyun noona’s mind right now? What if she feels burdened because of my overloading feelings?

“Hey relax, I’m trying to help you!”

The other members are staring at me quarreling over a small thing. I know I wasn’t supposed to get mad at Kevin hyung. I’m getting more sensitive these days.  The moment I shouted at Kevin hyung, I knew I’m going to regret it.

“Get back to your senses Hyungsik-ah!” shouted Kwanghee from the corner of the waiting room.

“Alright alright my fault. Hyung, I’m sorry; I’m getting more sensitive these days. Pathetic isn’t it?” He tapped my shoulder and left the room.

Well, we rarely fight. The last time we fight, we didn’t talk for quite a long time until one of us said sorry first. But this time, I know I was wrong for being mad at him. Besides, I don’t want to fight with Kevin hyung because of me getting stressed about one girl.

Somebody went inside our waiting room and asked us to get ready. Our turn is next. Do your best Park Hyungsik!

We went outside the waiting room towards the backstage; suddenly Kevin hyung tapped my shoulder and he asked me to listen carefully.

“Nam Jihyun is here,” he whispered to me. I listened to his story as we were walking towards the backstage getting ready for our performance. So basically, what just happened when Kevin hyung went to the washroom is that he bumped into 4Minute’s Gayoon. He then realized that 4Minute is here, in this building too, performing right before us. If 4Minute is here….
Jihyun noona is here. I need to see her!

 

---

I really can't stop saying thank you for those who have subscribed to this fic and waited for its updates <3
The comments that you guys left for this fic really made my day, they give me more energy to finish this fanfic...
Anyway, the last chapter for Jihyun - Hyungsik pairing is up in the next 1 or 2 chapters - I haven't decided yet...
If the next chapter is the last chapter, I can guarantee it to be a loooong chapter~
Enjoy guys!