Third Lullaby

The Romantic and Idol Season 1 After Story

Kim Ji Soo - Don't Give A Damn (에라 모르겠다)

 

“Guys, we’ll leave in 10 minutes. I’ll wait downstairs,” said Ju Seob hyung, our manager.

“Hyung, which girl groups are going to be there,” asked Chansung enthusiastically.
Chansung, he’s always excited for girl groups, especially the new ones. With that looks, he can easily capture any girl he wants. I can mention some names who lined up for him. He’s over-friendly to those girls, I feel bad for those girls who kept high hopes in him.

“Ya Chansung! Stop flirting with those girls. You have received 3 slaps right on your face for being too friendly, isn’t it enough for you?” said Wooyoung jokingly, followed by laughs from the other members.

“I only want to be friendly to everyone, is it wrong?”

“Don’t give them hopes if you have no intention Chansung-ah,” Junho explained.

“4Minute, Rainbow, and After School will be there. Ah! AOA too,” Ju Seob hyung said.

AOA? Seriously? If AOA is there, it means that Hye Jeong would be there too! Finally, I have the chance to talk to her personally. Finally! I really can’t wait to see her.  FINALLYYY!

 “See, somebody’s so excited after AOA was mentioned,” Taec Yeon winked at me with a devil smirk. He probably knows what my intentions are; he knows what conquers my mind right now. I really need to get Hye Jeong’s email address this time.

“Let’s go guys!” 

When we arrive at the broadcasting station, I sat on the waiting room for a while. Everyone’s busy with their own cellphone so I decided to leave the waiting room in search for my Hye Jeong. Dang, where is AOA’s waiting room? I looked for her waiting room like everywhere but I still can’t find it.

I walked towards the room in the corner of the building, still hoping to find an “AOA” sign pasted on the door.

I found it. Yes!
I knocked on the door but there was no respond.
I knocked on it again but still, there was no respond.
I opened the door carefully and peeked inside. The room was empty.
I was really annoyed, aish, why is it so hard for me to meet her? I looked on the TV inside the room; the live broadcast from this broadcasting station was being aired that time. A close-up of Hye Jeong’s face was shown clearly. Oh, they’re probably on the stage right now, should I just wait here?

I sat for a while on the sofa, staring at AOA’s live performance on the TV. Wow, she’s mesmerizing; I was in awe for a few seconds. I miss her, dang it!

Beep Beep Beep. Beep Beep Beep
Wooyoung called me.

“Yes?”
“Hyung, where are you? Our turn is next, come here as soon as possible!”
“Give me like 5 minutes.”
“No, you need to get here now. The crew asked us to go on standby position like ‘right now’.”
“Alright, fine.”

Sigh.
I ran to our waiting room. From afar, I can see a group of girls walking towards my direction. Among those girls, I saw a familiar face, a face that brings me warmth. Yes, a face that I’ve wanted to see. It’s her. I want to just run and hug her right away but I can’t. Time is running fast, I need to go back now. I don’t want to ruin our performance by being late for sure. I decided to bow slightly in front of that group of girls; they greeted me with smiles.

“I’m in a hurry, sorry,” I said. I was just trying to be as polite as possible in front of my hoobaes.
She was startled for a while; she looked straight into my eyes and I did too. I didn’t get to talk to her but I smiled, at least.

***

After the performance over, I rushed toward the washroom that is located in the corner of a dead end. After finishing my business, I walked out from the washroom; I saw a figure standing in the corner talking on the phone. When that figure saw me, I can see that girl hiding her phone behind her back, looking flustered and slightly bowed to me.

“Annyonghaseyo,” she said while smiling towards me. She looked rather familiar but I’m still not sure who she is.

I was wondering for a while and she introduced herself immediately.

“Hi, I’m AOA’s leader, Shin Ji Min.”

Eo? AOA’s leader? So she probably knows Hye Jeong right?
Wait, was she talking on the phone just now? No wonder she hid her phone as soon as she saw me. Taek told me that cellphone is not allowed for AOA’s members didn’t he? Ah, I see.

“Weren’t you on the phone just now? Don’t mind me, just continue talking,” I told her while smiling and giving her a hand gesture to continue her business on the phone.

“A..ah, n.. no,” she was very flustered. Whoops! I shouldn’t have mentioned anything about her talking on the phone.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone about you having a cellphone,” I assured her, she sighed with relief.

“… but can you give me your phone number in exchange?” I asked her.

She was confused and stared at me with a big question mark on her face. But in the end, she gave me her number.

And why exactly I asked for her number? It is simply to get a hold of Hye Jeong for sure.

I need to go back to the waiting room right now as the members and manager are waiting for me to go on for our next schedule but I need to have Hye Jeong’s contacts. I was thinking to ask Ji Min about Hye Jeong’s contacts via a text message once I have her number. This is the only way I could think of to reach Hye Jeong right now. It is a convenient way to do so isn’t it?

Good job Jun.K ah, you’ve found yourself a way to contact Hye Jeong!

 

---

Yay! I am really determined to finish this whole series so don't worry guys, even though it takes a long time for me to update a new chapter, I would definitely finish this whole series. 
I'm gonna take a summer off so I might be able to update more during those times ;)
Thank you so much for your patience and support for this fic. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!