Tenth Lullaby

The Romantic and Idol Season 1 After Story

Standing Egg - Starry Night

“Hye Jeong-ah, are you okay?” ChoA unnie asked me as I opened my eyes.
I looked around and all of the members were there, staring at me.
A familiar scent of hospital greeted me, I then realized that I’m laying on the hospital’s bed.
“What happened?” I asked them.

“You fainted near the hotel, thankfully a hotel staff found you and took you to the hospital right away,” Mina said.
“And thankfully your condition is not too serious, you were just too tired,” Seolhyun added.

“I’m sorry for worrying you guys!” I told them from my heart.

Knock knock. Knock knock

Somebody knocked at the door. Jimin said, “He’s here.”
As the door opened, a sight that I’ve least expected to see showed up right in front of my eyes. I was flustered and felt uneasy by the sudden appearance of that sight.

“We’ll leave you guys alone for now,” Jimin said and went out from the room, followed by the others.

That sight walked slowly towards my direction with a bouquet of flowers. He stood next to me and said hi.
“How are you feeling?” that person asked me.
I answered him coolly, “As you can see, I’m doing alright, I’m just a little bit tired.”
He kept scratching his head, he seemed very nervous.

We didn’t talk much as I didn’t know what to say and he probably didn’t either.
“Okay, before the atmosphere is getting tenser, I’ll just tell you everything that I have inside my heart when I was desperately looking for you,” he said.
He took a chair and sat next to my bed. He held my left hand and looked at me straight.
I still can't believe that the person that I’ve wanted to see, Jun.K oppa is right in front of me now.
“I know that you are very disappointed in me for not having the courage to find and approach you earlier. I know that I was wrong for hurting Jimin. I know that I might seem like a playboy or whatsoever. But, I really hope you could forgive me for this. I’m sorry Hye Jeong-ah.”

I can really feel his sincerity when he said those words that my eyes started to tear up. I was speechless.

“Hye Jeong-ah, let’s go. I want to bring you somewhere,” he said.
“I don’t think it’s possible for me to get out from this hospital right now. What if somebody sees and recognizes us? What if my manager is mad? What if… what if...” I hesitated a lot upon hearing his offer to take me somewhere.

Suddenly, my manager went inside the room and told Jun.K, “The van is ready. Just remember that you need to bring her back before 12 okay?”
I looked in disbelief. What is actually happening here?

Jun.K oppa looked at me and patted my head lightly, “Don’t worry Hye Jeong-ah, everything is under control.”

He then took me inside his van. His manager drove the car and I sat next to him behind the driver’s seat. He embraced me and I somehow leaned on his chest. On his neck, I saw a very familiar necklace. It looked a lot like the one that he put on me during the necklace shuffle game. I held that necklace and asked him how did he has that necklace.

He told me that he initially bought a couple necklaces for the necklace shuffle game. He said that he kept the other necklace himself while giving the other one to whoever chose his necklace during the shuffle game. “And it happened to be you Hye Jeong-ah, the one who chose my necklace during the shuffle game,” he said.

“Do you regret it? The fact that I was the one who chose your necklace, not Jihyun unnie?”  I asked him directly.
“After our first date together, I knew that it’d be you… who stole my heart,” he whispered right to my ear.
“And I’m happy that it was you,” he added.

“We’re here,” Jun.K oppa’s manager told us.

I remember this place clearly.
It was the place where we had our date under the moonlight when he piggybacked me and held my hand under the starry night sky with our matching yellow attires.

“Why are we here oppa?”
“Do you remember this place?” he asked me.
“Of course I do, I remember that night when you kept talking about how coincidentally amazing it was for us to wear yellow attire at the same time” I said.

“You remember eh?” he patted my head lightly.

“Ah, wait a second,” he told me as he went back to the van and grabbed something from the front seat. He brought a blanket with him and he put it on me.
“I don’t want you to get sick anymore,” he said while smiling at me.

“Let’s use the blanket together, I don’t want you to get sick either,” I told him while putting it on him as well.

So now, it’s only two of us here under the Jeju Island’s moonlight once again. It was really calming.
We didn’t talk much but we enjoyed the night with each other’s presence.

“Hye Jeong-ah…”
“Eung?”

“I’m sorry,” he told me while holding my hand. I didn’t manage to say anything.
“I’m just sorry for everything. For losing your email address, for not recognizing your emails to me, for being a jerk and used Jimin to get to you, for…”
I put my finger on his lips. “That’s enough oppa.”
“All that matters now is that you’re here with me,” I brushed my hands on his face lightly.

“Thank you for forgiving me Hye jeong-ah, thank you for everything.”
“Now, let me make this official,” he went back again to his van and took something from the trunk.
He went out with a bouquet of white and pink peonies.
“We’re now officially together aren’t we?” he asked me while handing me the bouquet of peonies.

“What is this oppa? Is that how you’re supposed to ask a girl out? When you went back from the car with the flowers, I thought you’d ask me to be your girlfriend in a more meaningful and romantic way,” I pouted a bit.
“Is this how you’re going to treat me after not contacting me for several months?” I added jokingly.

“Alright fine, I’ll do this properly.”

He then kneeled in front of me and said, “Will you be my girlfriend Shin Hye Jeong?”
I smiled and finally said, “Yes, I guess...”

“YA! What do you mean by I guess?”
“Did you just call me with YA Kim Minjun?” I stared at him.

“Fine, I’m sorry,” he said.

“Okay fine, I’ll be your girlfriend,” I told him and gave him a kiss on his right cheek.
His face turned red immediately and I couldn't stop laughing at him.

“How dare you laughing at me!  I’m going to punish you for this Shin Hye Jeong!”

He suddenly approached me and kissed me on my lips. He embraced me in a hug while our lips were locked together.

“Please take care of me from now on,” I said.
 

---

Hi guys! The last chapter is finally here! 
I'd like to thank you all for staying with this fic even though it took me ages to update it.
I just can't put it enough in words of how thankful I am to you all for sticking with me till the end of Hye Jeong and Jun. K's story.
I really hope you guys would enjoy this last chapter for Hye Jeong and Jun.K's. I'll try my best to continue what I promised when I started this fic at first which is to make all of the couples' after story. The next one that I have in mind is Seung Ah and JB's. Honestly, I'm still not sure where am I going with Mir and Jei's. I also aplogize for any grammar mistakes that I've had throughout this fic. 
Last but not least, I love you all! I really really appreciate each of you guys who have spent your time reading this fic and even dropped comments on my fic. 
I'm not sure when would I be able to start posting JB and Seung Ah's fic as I haven't started writing it yet but I'll make sure to do so once I have the time to. 

Meanwhile, if you guys enjoy my fic, please support me by reading "Where The Rainbow Is" as well, thank you guys!