Seventh Lullaby

The Romantic and Idol Season 1 After Story

Betting Everything - Royal Pirates

 

“Hey, what’s with your sulky face?” a deep voice called from the kitchen.
“Nothing,” I said.

“How’s your “project” going on? Did you get Hye Jeong’s email at least? You’ve been texting with that Jimin girl for like 2 weeks or so don’t you?”
“I can’t find the right timing to do so Taek-ah, what should I do?” I told him.

Things are getting very messy, and the thought of losing Hye Jeong kept haunting me.

“WOW, seriously?” he said while glaring at me.
“You’re playing around with that Jimin girl for quite a while huh?” he said while handed me a cup of coffee.

“Call me a jerk or whatever but well, you know that I have no interest in that girl right.”

“I didn’t know that you’re such a player. By now, Jimin probably thinks that you’re hitting on her so stop texting with that Jimin girl and gather your courage to state your initial intention to Jimin,” he said while grabbing his coat and went outside for a walk.

On a second thought, maybe Taekyeon is right. These few days, Jimin kept looking for me, asking me where am I, what am I doing. She even told me that she misses me and wanted to see me. She’s thinking too far I suppose. Jimin might have thought that I’m hitting on her.
That wouldn’t happen in the first place.
You’re such a loser Junsu for using an innocent girl for your own motives.
Upon hearing what Taek told me, I finally decided to gather up my courage and ask Jimin about Hye Jeongie. I might sound so selfish for using Jimin but a real man would do anything for his love.  

                  Jun.K: Jimin-ah, mind if I ask you something?
                  Jimin: Yes? What’s wrong oppa~
                  Jun.K: Well I was just wondering if you have Hye Jeongie’s email or maybe any other way for me to contact her?”
                  Jimin: …
                  Jimin: Hye Jeongie? Our Hye Jeong you mean?”
                  Jun.K: Yes.
                  Jimin: What for?
                  Jun.K: It’s just… I lost her email address and it’s been a while since I last talked to her.
                  Jimin: Wow, seriously? So were you talking to me this whole time for Hye Jeong?
                  Jun.K: No, really. I enjoy talking to you as a friend.
                  Jimin: Friend? I though we are more than that. So I guess what I’ve heard about you all this time is right, you’re such a player. Our Hye Jeong does not deserve a player like you.
                  Jun.K: Jimin-ah~

Alright, now things are getting very messy just as I thought it would be. But okay, I totally didn’t expect Jimin to be this sensitive. I mean, why would she be this angry when all I did was asking for Hye Jeong’s email? Well, I asked for it nicely though and I have never hinted on anything. Why would she think that we are more than friends when I’ve done nothing for her.
Tsk. Girls are just incomprehensible.

Okay, great, now she doesn’t want to reply my texts anymore. What did I get myself into? I’m on a dead road, I made someone mad and I didn’t get Hye Jeong’s email.
Sigh, what a life.

“You don’t look good, how’s everything?” asked Taek who just got back home, he sat next to me right away.
I threw him my phone. “Go check it yourself.”

His fingers ran through my chat with Jimin, checking every single one without missing anything. “Wow, so she’s dumping you now?” he asked.

“What do you mean by dumping? Nothing’s going on between Jimin and me.
I only… used her. Don’t ask me any further cause I feel bad for doing so right now.”

“Apologize dude,” he said casually.

---
It’s been a week since Jimin was mad at me. I wanted to apologize but I couldn’t pull myself to tell her I’m sorry. I’m indeed a jerk and a loser. What have I gotten myself into all this time? I lost a friend and I still can’t reach Hye Jeong. Sigh.

“Jun.K-sshi, get ready, we’ll be on air in 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2.. and 1 go,” said the broadcasting manager through the speaker inside the radio broadcasting room.”

“Good evening everyone. Welcome back to Younha’s Starry Night and right now we have a special guest for the night. He’s a good singer, he dances well and he composes music as well. Let’s welcome 2PM’s Jun.K,” said the Younha sunbaenim.

“Hi everyone, how are you guys doing?” said Jun.K through the broadcast.

“Thank you so much for being our guest for the night Jun.K-sshi. We all heard that you started composing music nowadays, is that true?”

“Yes indeed. I have a special announcement for everyone here today.”

“Wow, you sound excited, what is it Jun.K-sshi?”

“ Okay, so the thing is I’m currently working on my solo album right now and my album will consist of my self-composed songs that I’ve worked on for about 2 years. So I hope you guys will support me!”

“Wow, what a great news Jun.K-sshi. I’m sure that your fans are all excited about your self-composed solo album. Please send me a copy too once the album is out okay?”
I nodded with a smile.

“Jun.K-sshi, can you please sing one of the songs that you composed for all of our lovely listeners?”
They asked me to prepare this way before the broadcasting started. I was supposed to sing a verse of my title song on air but I changed my mind.

“Alright sure thing,” I stood up and walked towards the keyboard in the corner of the broadcasting room.

“This is one of the songs that would be included in my album. Actually, I made this song for someone special. We spent times together and I really cherish those moments. She didn’t break the wall of my heart…
She climbed it instead.
You know who you are, this song is for you.”

I started playing the acoustic version of the song that I made for Hye Jeong on the piano while singing and I’m pretty sure that the radio listeners are going wild right now just because I mentioned my love life on air. I hope Jin Young hyung wouldn’t call me after this show ends.
But you know what?
I don't care.
All I need right now is for Hye jeong to know how I truly feel all this time along. Yes Hye Jeong, I kept trying to find you but I failed. I’m sorry that I need to go all the way like this to get your attention back. We only spent a few days together but you taught me so many things. Your smile got me hooked. You are very sincere and I’ m glad to meet you.

The song ended with handclaps from Younha sunbaenim. She smiled at me and said, “Well done Jun.K-sshi, that girl must have been an amazing person for you to make a song for her and pour out all of your emotions into that song.”

“Indeed, she’s an amazing person,” I told her. After that, we had a few talks and discussions on air and then the show was wrapped up.

I went out from the broadcasting room, thinking that I would receive a glare from my manager. Apparently, he didn’t say anything.
Instead, he smiled at me and said, “You went through a lot Jun.K-ah.”
Well, honestly, I didn’t expect such words to come out from my manager’s mouth at all but I’m glad that he wasn’t mad at me for “confessing” in public.

“Aren’t you going to scold me hyung?” I asked him.
“For what?” he said.
“For confessing in public you mean?” he added. I nodded while scratching my head.

“Being an idol doesn’t make you a robot okay? We are all humans. When we are attracted to someone, we’ll work hard to get what we want even though some people have bigger consequences to be responsible of in the end,” he said.
“And now, let’s wait for articles to come out. I’m pretty sure your name will be up in the news sites soon. I need to prepare my heart for getting scolds as well.”

“Thank you and I’m sorry hyung.”

---

Yes, it's been a while since I updates this fic and I'm truly sorry for that. 
The fic is going to end real soon, I haven't decided on whether to make 2 short chapters or 1 long chapter next but I hope you guys would be waiting patiently for it. 
One more thing, I added the link to to the songs that I put on the beginning of the chapters now so you guys can just click and listen to it while reading :)
Hope you guys enjoy this update!