RULE # 8: RESPECT ANOTHER PERSON'S PRIVACY

Breaking Rules STORY BY KENZO

 

Posted Image

 

Knock – Knock – Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door

 

 

Three years ago…Grandma Park had arrived two days ago and was already acting as healthy as a mule. His mother had visited the old lady and he had dropped by yesterday to give her fresh kiwi – her favorite.“I hear that you and my Sandara have already met” Grandma Park told him.He nodded.“She was very worried about not finding anyone to talk to but I’m happy that you have kept her company and even introduced her to your friends. Thank you Ji Yong.”“You don’t have to thank me Grandma. She’s become a very good friend.”“Well, I’m glad to hear that” the old woman sliced through another kiwi “I’m sure that as long as she’s with you, she is in good hands.”“Thank you for your trust Grandma.”The Parks’ Matriarch laughed “My trust in you is steadfast, young one. Anyway, they’ll be leaving on Sunday. Don’t you have plans to take Dara out?”Ji gulped – cornered by Grandma Park like a pro-boxer. “Uhmmmm… I was thinking of taking her to Happy Land along with some of our friends.”“Well… why don’t you?”“I wasn’t sure she’d be allowed to now that you’re back Grandma.”“Well, I want her to come out and have lots of fun. Sanghyeun’s going out with some of the friends he’s made back at the hospital and Durami is quite happy to just go shopping with their parents. I know that my eldest grandchild wants to get out too but she might feel shy to impose on you.”And that was how Ji and Dara ended up having today’s afternoon all to themselves - if you didn’t count the ten other guys and girls that Ji invited to come.He heard a knock on his window. He opened his curtains and saw Dara putting up a note: What time are we leaving?He held up his hand to ask her to wait as he rummaged his room for his paper pad: Is 5:00 pm ok with you?Dara scribbled down: Can we leave at 4 instead? I want to buy some things for my friends.”He thought about that: Ok. I’ll pick you up at 4.Dara clapped her hands and scribbled something down again: Thank you… uhmmm… you look so thin without a shirt on.He looked at his reflection in the mirror self-consciously - he had forgotten that he was topless, he looked back at her and scribbled: Well, you look thin even with a shirt on.Dara wagged her tongue at him and closed her window’s curtain. He laughed aloud.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On a carousel ride

 

Dara wanted to pinch herself. It was ridiculous to feel this happy.“What are you smiling at?” Ji asked her.“Because we’re in Happy Land” she replied in a sing-song. That was partly true. She was indeed glad to be at the amusement park. The whole reason though… was standing right in front of her and it wouldn’t do for him to know. She figured that it wouldn’t do at all the he was the reason she was so happy.“Let’s go to the carousel!” one of the guys shouted and Ji grabbed Dara’s hand.“Come on” Ji said excitedly “It’s tradition!”Dara let him take her towards the park’s grand carousel, undeterred by the long line.“We always ride here first” Ji explained “for Good Luck.”“Good Luck for what?”“For whatever it is we want to do as long as we’re inside Happy Land.”She had not replied but smiled at him. His child-like enthusiasm was contagious.Ji’s phone rang. Without breaking his hold on her hand, he answered. “Hello?”Dara had not been able to focus on the phone conversation. Their hands linked with one another felt so right that she would have taken a picture of it if it wasn’t too silly.“Dara, Han wants to talk to you” he interjected into her thoughts.“Oh?” Ji handed the phone on her right hand.“Dara!!!!!!” Han screamed.“Han, anyeong!”“Sorry that Se7en and I couldn’t come along but we’ll pick you up afterwards and let’s go eat ice cream huh?”“Yes! Yes!” Dara agreed “I remember we were talking about tasting that green tea ice cream you wanted.”Han laughed. “Sure. Sure. Now, you have fun over there ok? We’ll see you in three hours.”“Thank you Han. See you later.”She handed back Ji’s phone. “What’s that with green tea ice cream? I don’t think it tastes good.”“I’ll find out later” Dara replied “They’ll pick us up in three hours.”Ji contorted his face. “Uck!”“NEXT TWO!” the carousel’s gate keeper called out.“That’s us!” Ji announced and entered the grand carousel with her.“Let’s seat over there!” she pulled him towards two twin horses.“Dara! Ji! Look over here!” Lin - their official videographer - was now officially the photographer as well.After a few seconds, music began to play and the carousel started to go around.“Weeeeee!!!!” Dara yelled “I missed this.”Ji just screamed right along with her and they laughed at how stupid they both must look - shouting at a kid’s ride.To everybody else, though, they looked like a really cute couple - holding hands and laughing like they couldn’t get enough of one another.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

When words are not enough

 

 

They held hands only during the carousel ride but Ji still felt his hand tingle with the feel of hers. “She’s got pretty soft hands for someone so thin” he thought.“What’s your ice cream flavor?” Han asked him.“Chocolate” he replied immediately.“You don’t want to try the green tea flavor?”He acted as though he was choking.“It’s good!” Han told him indignantly and left him with Se7en, seating at the table.“How did your training go today?” he asked Se7en.“Same as usual” the hyung shrugged “that’s why I’m happy to see you guys though. I’m beginning to get a little too exhausted at everything.”“Well, we’re always here if you need us.”“I know” and his stare went to Han “That’s why I’m not gonna stop. I’m going to do this for her.”“That’s the spirit!”Se7en faced him back “So, how are you and Dara?”“What about us?” he asked defensively. He was beginning to get pretty shifty whenever someone sprang questions like that on him.Se7en laughed “A little touchy aren’t you?”“I - I -““You like her” Se7en concluded for him “and don’t you dare deny it! We’ve been friends longer than I could count and you’re crystal clear to me!”Ji was speechless.“It doesn’t matter if you’ve only known her for a month” the other guy went on “with things like this, you’ll realize that time doesn’t matter at all. Just remember that whatever it is you do… try not to be stupid. It’s easy when you’re head over heels in love. Remember what happened to me?”“What happened to you oppa?” Dara asked from behind.Se7en was quick to recover from his surprise “I was talking to Ji about the time I forgot all my lines while rapping.”“Really?” Dara sat down with their orders and Han had their drinks.“I did” Se7en continued “That’s why I’m telling Ji to just let the flow and do what he has to do. Thinking too much about it can actually be the reason why you do stupid things.”Dara nodded, thinking she understood perfectly but Ji looked at his older brother - very seriously.TRY NOT TO BE STUPID - he embedded the phrase on his forehead.