RULE # 67: BREATHE AGAIN

Breaking Rules STORY BY KENZO

 

Posted Image

 

Flowers on this Day

 

(After Five Years…)

CL clasped her hands together as she felt their car stop.
Seung-ri, who knew how difficult this had always been for her, grasped those hands and took them in his. “She’s waiting for us” he told her “I bet she’s expecting us already.”

They did this yearly. It had been a tradition of their whole group. And this year was special because he and the rest of his brothers in Big Bang decided that they will enter Military Service together. Today would mark the fifth day before they go.

Cl nodded and looked at him “She will be sad to know that you guys can’t visit her next year.”

Seung-ri smiled forlornly “I guess we would have to make it up to her a lot when we all get out.”

CL patted his hand “You do that.”

“Come then” the Big Bang maknae answered and pointed outside 
“Let’s get out.”

They walked hand-in-hand towards the white tombstone near the edge of the lake. Seung-ri gently removed the leaves that had fallen on the stone and carefully placed the bouquet of tulips they had brought.

“We brought you you’re favorite flowers Unnie” CL began “The others will be here soon too. Seung-ri and I just went ahead coz I wanted to see you immediately. We met with Hyori-unnie last week and she tells me she still misses you. Remember that collaborative album dedicated to you that we have been planning? President invited Hyori-unnie and Bi-oppa and they instantly agreed to be part of it.”

“It’s highly anticipated right now” Seung-ri continued, standing up when he had finally made sure that the flowers were beautifully arranged “And Hyori-noona demanded that she sings two songs for you. The President couldn’t say no.”

CL laughed “We’ve also decided that the day before the album launch, we will be here to play all the songs so you will hear them before anyone else.”

Seung-ri’s phone rang and he looked to see T.O.P’s name blinking “Hyung” he answered.

T.O.P. said something CL couldn’t quite make-out.

“Oh well… CL and I are already here. We’ll just wait for you guys then” Seung-ri then hung up the phone.

“What did he say?”she asked.

“Teddy-hyung excused himself again. He told T.O.P. he wasn’t feeling very well.”

CL shook her head. “He hasn’t visited here for three years now. Unnie won’t like it.”

“You have to understand him” Seung-ri explained “Even up to now… the pain is so great for him.”

“Isn’t it great for all of us?” CL responded, unable to hide her frustration. “It’s been almost five years now… he can’t run away from that.”

“Don’t work yourself up with this” Seung-ri reached out for her and gave her a comforting hug “He will face this sooner or later. It’s just that he blames himself for it and he still has not forgiven himself for what has happened.”

Another car parked behind theirs and they both looked up to see Ji Yong and Dara get out. Dara, always overcome with emotions whenever she came here, was dabbing at her eyes as Ji enclosed her in an embrace.

The woman buried here had all changed their lives and her lost was something they all carried. The mere mention of her name sometimes brought them to tears and to even be here was a bittersweet torture that they all willingly endured.

“There are a lot of things I wouldn’t have done if not for her” CL often answered when they were asked in interviews about the influence she has wielded on them.

Dara and Ji Yong headed to where they were and they exchanged hugs. They had all been given a two-month hiatus after much success of their 6th album. Travelling all over the world had taken its toll on all of them and the President’s concern was paramount. He didn’t want any of them getting too tired that they became unable to enjoy performing for their fans. That was a very tricky situation that most idols who reached a certain height of popularity fell into.

“Noona! You’re looking better than the last time I saw you” Seung-ri greeted Dara.

“You too” Dara answered “You’re panda circles are not very obvious nowadays.”

Seung-ri laughed “I’m trying to transfer them over to CL and it appears I might be succeeding.”

“Hmpf!” CL replied to him in pretend indignation and hugged Dara “Unnie!”

“Chaerin-ah!” Dara enthused and happily hugged her sister. They had not seen each other for two weeks because she and Ji decided to take a vacation in Busan and in the Philippines. It was difficult to stay under the radar but they have both been so used to hiding behind the media’s hawk-like eye that they had both enjoyed themselves – most especially in the private island of Amanpulo. “I bought a lot of stuff for you and Bommie and Minki!”

“How about us?” Seung-ri interjected.

“Well… your hyung has bought a lot for you too.”

“Really?” Seung-ri asked and turned to face their leader.

“Well I got you something special” Ji told him “Dara and I worked hard for it so we hope you enjoy it.”

“What is it?”

“A crystal bottle of white sand” Ji answered mischievously.

“Are you serious hyung? I sometimes can’t tell.”

And as they were talking, more cars came. Jinu came with President YG and a red-eyed Eun Hae, Young Bae came with Gummy and Minji while Daesung, T.O.P. and Bom came together. They were almost complete now except for two people.

“He said he won’t be coming” T.O.P. told the President.

“He will be here” Eun Hae responded as she dabbed at her eyes hidden behind her sunglasses “Teddy will come.”