RULE # 37: CONTROL

Breaking Rules STORY BY KENZO

 

Posted Image

 

Glitches

 

Jin-ah immediately hugged him. “That was a great performance!” she shouted.

“Thank you” he answered, surprised at her enthusiasm but appreciative that she had come by to watch him perform. He was on his way to the V.I.P. room when he spotted Jin-ah running towards him.

“I like the blonde hair.” She let one her right hand slide through his hair.

He smiled “I like it too” and clamped one of the guests who congratulated him on the back.

“Is there a big celebration after this?”

“Just a few drinks. I plan on really celebrating on my birthday when the girls are here” he replied.

That gave pause to Jin-ah. “You mean 2NE1?”

“Who else?” he asked curiously.

“I – I thought they’ve been disbanded…”

That caught Ji’s full attention. “Who told you such a thing?” That event had not been discussed to anyone at all and as far as he knew, Big Bang and 2NE1 had kept it under wraps.

“Ow… uhmmm… YB – he – he told me about it when we were texting once.”

“He did???” Ji looked up the V.I.P. room to find that all his brother were looking down at them “2NE1 is not disbanding.”

“Ahhhhhh…” that answer looked like it surprised her “Uhmmmm… so, where are they?”

“Teddy gave them a prize for their hard work. They’re on vacation now” he didn’t know how Jin-ah got that information but he was as hell sure it wasn’t from YB. He signaled to his brothers that he was going on right up. “Hey Jin-ah… do you want to drink with us at the V.I.P.?”

Jin-ah looked up and waved at the other guys and turned again towards Ji. “Uhmmmm… sorry, I can’t. I have friends with me and I just really wanted to congratulate you.”

“Thanks for coming to watch then” Ji told her and lost himself in the crowd as others congratulated him for his performance.

Jin-ah looked up at the other Big Bang boys and saw them still looking at her. They signaled for her to come up but she shook her head.

“You guys are still my friends” she thought “but… you’re in my way.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

A good old punch

 

 

Dara knew she wasn’t supposed to do this but all the pent-up frustration was screaming at her to get her anger out of her bloodstream.

She drove furiously, the first she had done so in a while.

“We’re both going to be dead before we even get there. Calm down” Roxy told her, nervously clutching at the seatbelt.

“I plan to enjoy my vacation here and I’m going to begin by disposing of him” she said in rage.

They stopped in front of a condominium building and headed straight up for the 27th floor. Without a backward glance at the porter who seemed too stunned at her haughteur, Dara knocked at door letter E.

The door opened and her ex-boyfriend’s eyes almost popped out at the sight of her.

“Sandy!!!” he greeted enthusiastically.

Dara didn’t speak at all and lunched a strong punch at his nose.

“Oh my God!” the guy shouted, staggering backwards at the brute force. “What the?!?”

“That’s payback for everything you’ve done to me you bastard!” Dara told him firmly “We’re never getting back together coz I’ve found someone who’s a million times more of a man than you are! Tell Jim Hung as well to never show his face to me again because I will break it just like how I broke yours.”

She walked away from him and had to smile when she saw Roxy kick the guy in the shins. “!” her friend spat at the guy and immediately followed her.

“You were so cool!!!” Roxy told her as they punched down the elevator.

“He deserved more than that” she replied.

“That’s why I kicked him in the shins” Roxy answered and hugged her from behind “So, Super Dara… what do you plan to do now?”

“I want to go to the beach and have just as much fun as I can before I go back to Korea.”

“And what are your plans about that guy who is ‘a million times more of a man’ than Joseph?” Roxy asked playfully “I mean… he’s just there with you in Korea right? You did say something like that to me.”

That had an instantaneous sobering effect on Dara’s high spirits “I really don’t know yet” she admitted “What you told me explained a lot of the pain I had to go through and I finally understand him. He had to cope in his own way and I took that as a sign that he didn’t care for me anymore. Lately, though, he’s begun to warm up to me and I haven’t exactly been able to return it because I always feared he might just turn his back like he did before…”

“So, you’re going to tell him the truth?”

“I’m not really sure how I’ll do that because I need to be able to do it convincingly” she responded and as the elevator doors opened, she looked ahead of her “There are also other things that I need to think about.”

“What other things?” Roxy slid towards the passenger seat as Dara went around to sit at the driver’s seat. “you can finally clear up your misunderstanding from the past and you can finally let yourselves do what you want to do… what else is there to think about?”

Dara started up the car and with a bitter smile and shook her head. “This is just one difficulty and in effect, we’ve actually both surpassed this without knowing. Some time ago he begun to act differently and I feel that he must have forgiven me at that time for this incidence. However… there are other things we’re facing now. Though, what this has proven to me is that he does love me… He has always loved me even if I’ve always doubted it.”