RULE # 31: DON'T PUSH THE BUTTON

Breaking Rules STORY BY KENZO

 

Posted Image

 

Eavesdropping is an art

 

 

CL was growling in irritation when she saw that Jin-ah had made Dara meet the Minhwan guy – one of her biggest fanboys.

“I know she’s your friend” she told the Big Bang-sunbaes “but don’t ever let her go near me coz I’m going to slit .”

“So violent” Seung-ri commented “Why don’t we be thankful this is all she did?”

“Because we can’t” Bom answered, straining to catch the conversation from the other table. They had requested to be seated at the other balcony – the one nearest to where Dara and Jin-ah sat. It was perfect coz they could very well see the other two’s table while they remained incognito. “I really feel that she’s planning something.”

“Well, whatever her plan is, it’s bound to fail” Minji pronounced. “If her plan is to push Dara-unnie towards Minhwan, Unnie wouldn’t be pushed at all.”

“So, that’s the guy who keeps sending noona flowers huh?” Daesung asked “He’s really cheeky.”

“He’s more than just cheeky” CL added “He’s cunning too if he decided to work along with whatever plan Jin-ah has.”

“Tone down your voices” T.O.P. warned them “people are looking our way because you’re all speaking so loudly.”

It was true. Other guests at the restaurant were throwing them weird looks.

“We have to learn what she’s planning” YB told everyone.
Bom nodded. “She has to know that we’re watching her every move in this.”

“But… let’s not assume that she’s really planning something evil, ok? Jin-ah isn’t really a bad person” T.O.P. answered.

“That well may be the case Oppa but I can’t help but be suspicious” CL responded “She knows everything about the two of them and her actions point towards a plan to drive Ji-oppa and Dara-unnie apart.”

“We’ll know about that sooner or later” T.O.P. told her.

“Hey! Quiet down” Daesung whispered “The Minhwan guy’s talking about how he tripped over a set of stairs, I want to hear this!”

Seung-ri slapped a hand on Daesung’s forehead as the five others either rolled their eyes or growled in helpless irritation.

“I think we shouldn’t work together all the time” Minji announced “Big Bang-oppas become weird sometimes.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bump.Bump.Bump.

Jin-ah took Dara home after dinner and was full of thanks. Dara received her gratitude gracefully and bowed her head to thank the girl as well after she went down the car.

“I’m sorry if it was a bother to you” Jin-ah told her “I know how precious resting is for you guys.”

“That’s ok” Dara assured her again “Anyeong!”

She waved goodbye and headed for the apartment building’s entrance.

“Good evening Ms. Park” the guard greeted.

“Anyeong” Dara replied.

“A friend of yours from the Philippines stopped by a few minutes after you left, Miss” the guard informed her.

Surprised, “Really? Who?”

“Yes. I really can’t remember his name but he left his name and number with Mr. Kwon.”

“Ji Yong?”

The guard gave an affirmative. “Mr. Kwon had just arrived also when your friend dropped by. Mr. Ji said he’ll give you the note personally.”

“Ow… uhmmmm… I think I’ll just go up to his room then.”

She entered the elevator and tried to even out her breathing. She was always like this – unsure of how to act normally when she met up with Ji. He had the ability to cause her whole body to react oddly. She looked at her feet and rubbed them against one another. “Breathe in… breathe out” she repeated once again in her head.

As the elevator door opened, she almost collided with him.

“What the?!?” she heard Ji react, backing up from the elevator, clutching at his right eye.

“Ow! Ow!” Dara cried out and went towards him “I’m sorry. I didn’t see you.”

Ji stood up straighter and looked at her with only his left eye. “I didn’t see you too and now I’m only seeing you with one eye.”

Dara bit at her lip “I’m really really sorry… uhmmm… why don’t we go inside your apartment and put ice on that? It might bruise.”

He nodded. “I think you’re right and if this bruises, I’m going to tell everyone you gave me a blackeye.”

“But I didn’t mean to” Dara retorted.

“I know…” Ji answered and smiled at her “You’re always like that you know… you give me bruises but you don’t mean to.”

She frowned at him “What are you talking about?”

“Nothing” Ji replied, then took her hand “Now. Come on and guide me. I’m half blind.”

Dara knew she should be used to his hand holding hers right now but her heart still skipped a beat. “You give me bruises too but you don’t mean to”, she thought to herself – she head heard his cryptic message (a habit he seems to breaking in to lately with her) – as she looked at their linked hands, “Ow! What to do with this guy!”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Face Off

Jin-ah bravely faced all of them. “Why are you guys ganging up on me?” she asked.

Seung-ri shook his head. “Noona. We’re not ganging up on you. We actually just want to talk.”

“What is it did you want to talk about?”

T.O.P. walked towards her and took both of her shoulders “Jin-ah, I want you to understand that you are a really good friend of ours and I don’t want that thrown away, ok?”

Jin-ah looked at the handsome oppa and nodded. “I know that and that is why I am asking why you are ganging up on me?”

“We are not ganging up on you” T.O.P. answered “We’re just here to ask you something.”

“What is that oppa?”

“Are you planning to put Ji-oppa and Dara-unnie apart?” CL asked, unable to stop herself – irritation lacing her voice.

Jin-ah looked at her crossly. “What if I say I am?”

That strong admission upped the tension in the driveway a thousand notches.

“Jin-ah… don’t do that” YB told her.

“Why not?” Jin-ah challenged “Why won’t you let me fight for someone that I love?”

“Coz you’re only going to destroy yourself” Seung-ri responded.

“Don’t say that!” Jin-ah admonished “Don’t you guys understand? I gave up a lot of things for Ji. I will not walk away without a fight.”

“We’re only trying to protect you” Daesung countered.

“Well… it doesn’t feel that way” the caged girl retorted.

“Jin-ah” T.O.P. made her re-focus on him “you are being blind. There is a difference between fighting for something you can win and fighting for something you know you’ve lost at the very beginning.”

Jin-ah blinked back her tears “Why can’t you guys just give me a chance? And what is there for you to be afraid of if you’re really sure they’re meant for one another?” she took T.O.P.’s hands from her shoulders and put them down “I’ll fight for Ji Yong until he tells me to stop. I won’t let you or anyone else dissuade me.”

“You have some spirit” Bom piped up from YB’s back “I admire that… but you can’t win in this. We have nothing personal against you but I promise you… me, CL, and Minji will make sure that our Dara will fight you every step of the way.”

Jin-ah walked towards her “We’ll see then. We’ll see if your Dara can really win him.”

CL shook her head in annoyance at Jin-ah’s persuasiveness. “You don’t get it do you? Dara-unnie has already won this and she hasn’t done a thing yet.”