RULE # 38: STOP THIS

Breaking Rules STORY BY KENZO

Posted Image

 

Back to…

 

Teddy had not expected this but he couldn’t take it away from himself to actually smile while watching the two. “Who would have thought?” he said to himself “I wouldn’t have expected them to pull it off and be this adorable.”

Ji Yong and Dara were weaving their magic on the audience. Their chemistry was so palpable but no one was angry by it. Ji Yong’s fan girls were actually screaming their lungs out of giddiness everytime the two performers showed some skinship.

2NE1 had arrived exactly a week ago from their hard-earned vacation and immediately poured their energies to work. They were grittier than before and he saw just how dedicated they all were. Maybe having accepted the punishment for him brought a new perspective into their lives… but Teddy wasn’t happy about it. He couldn’t find it in himself to be.

“Are they dating?” Danny, one of Teddy’s closest friends had come down from L.A. to visit him and see the new group he launched, asked – distracting him from his thoughts.

“No” he answered, looking back at Ji and Dara who were coming to the bridge of their number “They’re just really good performers.”

“I gotta say, this performance is way too cheesy for my taste but I like it.”

Teddy laughed at that. “Liar. You’re cheesier than this.”

Danny gave out a hearty laugh too and changed the subject. “I heard you’ve put restrictions on your girls. That’s a bit too harsh.”

Teddy nodded. “It is very harsh and I didn’t want to do it.”

“But – “

“You know I owe quite a lot to a certain group of men. They’ve pushed me to a wall and these girls stubbornly told me that they’ll take that burden…”

“Teddy!!!”

“It’s not an easy thing Danny and I’ve made a lot of mistakes… but I’m planning to get out of this mess soon. That’s why I invited you over here.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I want you to help me talk to Mr. Yanggoon.”

“You want to talk to Mr. YG?!?” It was a good thing that Danny wasn’t holding the wine glass or he might have spilled it all over himself.

“I don’t want to” Teddy cleared for him “but now I’ve accepted the truth that I might have to for the sake of these people I consider my family.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Still

 

 

Ji still had to perform two more numbers before leaving the stage. He only had a second to press her hand to thank her for their performance.

He had never felt more alive on stage with another performer.

“Congratulations Ji-oppa” CL greeted him as he stepped down backstage “You were really great.”

He gave her a high five.

“Congratulations Ji-oppa” Minji told him next “Your live performance is more amazing than on video.”

“Thank you everyone” he answered as he saw Bom and Dara coming from right behind CL and Minji. “I’ll be celebrating on my birthday and I hope you will all be there.”

“Of course!” Bom told him “Where else would we be?”

Ji laughed “I don’t know… but I’m already telling you so reserve that day ok?”

All four nodded and he would have smiled if only he didn’t notice how Dara kept trying not to look at him directly.

“Hey! What are you all still doing there?” Seung-ri asked “Let’s eat!”

“Yeah come on!” Daesung added and hugged Bom and Dara from behind.

“Teddy wants us all to meet a good friend of his” T.O.P. explained, emerging backstage as well “Let’s go.”

They trooped towards the V.I.P. room but Ji hung back a little. He looked around for a band to tie hie hair with as he had sweated profusely during the performances.

“Aren’t you coming?” a familiar voice asked him, making him look up at a pair of hazel brown eyes.

“I’m just looking for a band to tie my hair with” he answered, not taking his eyes away from hers – wanting to ask her why she had become so awkward ever since she returned.

Dara took off a band she was wearing and walked towards Ji. “Let me” she told him and without waiting for permission, made him sit and face the mirror as she brushed up his hair.

Ji Yong was caught off guard. Talk about being awkward…

“I haven’t told you before have I?” Dara went on, arranging his hair to be tied “I think you look good with blonde hair.”

“Really?” he asked, a smile curving his face as he felt her hand go through his hair.

She nodded, looking straight at him via the mirror, finally tying his hair up. “Let’s go?”

He nodded back and reached for her hand. She squeezed his and just smiled that sunshine smile of hers.

He had never thought much about the small things before but he reveled in this one small gesture.