RULE # 30: LET GO

Breaking Rules STORY BY KENZO

 

Posted Image

 

What a team is

 

YB, with CL and Bom, had just parked his car when he saw Dara and Jin-ah leave the apartment building.

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” CL exclaimed, her eyes thinning into tiny slits like a cat’s.

“Is that Jin-ah?” Bom asked.

“It is” YB answered.

“I have a bad feeling about this. Where could she be taking Dara-unnie?” CL queried.

“YB-sunbae! Let’s follow them!” Bom announced.

“Let’s wait for them to get inside Jin-ah’s car” he agreed “What could she be up to…”

CL was dialing on her phone.

“Who are you calling?” Bom looked at her curiously.

“The others” CL replied and then suddenly spoke to the phone – whoever it was on the other line had answered. “Jin-ah and Dara-unnie are going somewhere! They’re just getting out of the driveway! You might meet them on the road! We have to follow them.”

YB and Bom heard someone from the other car shout explicits.

“What are you talking about?!? Huh??? Ow. Ok. I’ll ask him. Ok. Ok.” CL told the person on the other line “Be discreet!” She put down the phone.

“What is Seung-ri talking about sunabe?” CL turned to YB “He said something about Jin-ah knowing about Dara-unnie and GD-oppa too.”

YB nodded while looking intently at Jin-ah’s car which had finally left the driveway and turned right. “She overheard our conversation the other day and then suddenly left. I called her but she said she was ok and that she wouldn’t tell anyone about it… but –“

“Apparently she’s thought up other plans!” CL ended for him, fuming.

“Ommo!” Bom covered her face “If she tells what she knows to Dara, all our plans will be ruined.”

“We won’t let that happen” YB told the two girls, his voice very very serious.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Someone from…

Nearing the apartment building, Ji saw YB’s car exit the driveway. He honked at his brother but didn’t receive any honk back.

“He must be rushing somewhere” he thought as he saw the other car speed up. He looked at his watch and saw it was already 8:00 PM. “Now, where is that guy going?”

Going in the driveway, he saw that there were no cars parked out front. “Woah” Ji said aloud “Am I on my own here?”

He went down the car and looked up the whole building. The security guard at the desk smiled at him.

“Everybody gone?” he asked.

The guard nodded and indicated that the people had just left. “A pretty girl dropped by to pick-up Ms. Park Dara” the guard related “then Mr. Dong Young Bae followed their car.”

That peaked his interest. “Really? What’s the girl’s name?”

“Ms. Goong Myung” replied the guard, looking down at his log sheet.

He’d never heard that name before. “Did Dara say where they were going?”

The guard shook his head. “Ms. Park just told me to tell everyone who asked about her that she went out to dinner.”

“Ow” he exclaimed. That was weird. He knew that Dara didn’t have too many friends here – almost all of them were abroad. He looked down at the log sheet but he wasn’t familiar with the handwriting.

“Who could this woman be?” he asked himself and tried his hardest to think of names he had heard from Dara before but no Goong Myung came up.

Thinking deeply, a taxi cab entered their driveway and he turned to look who it could be.

A young man, maybe about the same age as he was, emerged from the cab and went straight for them. “Hi” the guest greeted “I’m looking for Park Sandara.”

“Sandara?” Ji had not quite heard another person say Sandara for a long time now.

“Yes” the man smiled “I’m a good friend of hers from the Philippines and I came by to hopefully see her.”

“Ow Hi” Ji answered “Dara went out.”

The man’s face became a slump. “What timing! I was hoping to see her before I go back.”

“Uhmmmmm… maybe you can leave your name and contact number” JI suggested. If this was really one of Dara’s friends from the Philippines, he was sure she’d be really happy to see the guy.

“Sure” the chap brightened up. The guard handed a note and a pen. After writing, he handed the piece of paper to Ji “Thank you so much man. I really appreciate this. I haven’t seen her since she left and I’ve only got a few days here. Please tell her to immediately call me.”

“No problem” Ji assured the guy.

They shook hands “Thanks again man. Uhmmm… what’s your name?”

“My name’s Kwon Ji Yong.”

The guy let go of his hand and looked taken aback by that piece of information. “Ow… ahhhhh… it’s good to meet you… I’ll go on ahead.”

Ji’s brows met in confusion. Why had the guy looked so taken aback and why was he suddenly rushing towards the taxi cab?

“He’s a weird fellow, isn’t he?” the guard commented, also noticing the visitor’s sudden agitation.

Ji looked down on the note he held and read the guy’s name – Jim Hung.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fanboy

Dara was very surprised at Jin-ah’s invitation and would have said no if the girl hadn’t begged her and threatened to go down on her knees just for her to agree.

“He’s going to be really happy” Jin-ah told her as they parked in front of a posh restaurant – the Red Tomato (it was named).

While driving, the other girl had went on and on about a friend of hers who was an absolute fanboy of Dara’s eversince they were launched at Teddy’s. She had wanted Dara to meet her friend as it was the guy’s only request from Jin-ah.

“I owe him quite a lot since we’ve been friends for such a long time. He’s always looked out for me and I wanted to make this a surprise for him to show him how much I thank him for all the things he’s done” Jin-ah explained.

“I think that’s really nice of you” Dara commented. She might not like Jin-ah for what she did to Ji Yong but she could appreciate how sweet it was of her to do something like this for a friend – she would have done the same if she could.

When they entered the restaurant, they were greeted most warmly by the restaurant’s host.

“I reserved the table # 16 at the Non-smoking area” Jin-ah informed him.

“Ahhh Yes” the host answered appreciatively “It has a very beautiful view of the city.”

They were led towards the table, which Dara noted, turned out to be a balcony overlooking Seoul’s citylights.

“We’re here!!!” Jin-ah announced to the guy whose back was turned against the two of them.

The guy stood up and faced the two of them and Dara felt like a rug had been pulled under her. Jin-ah’s friend was no other than the Minhwan guy who kept sending her flowers every performance.