Sleep

Daddy?

 

Minsoo and Daniel both walked down the street, hand in hand as they talked about the night. The moon shone through the clouds brightly and the street was full of people having fun on the Friday night. There were couples holding hands, children running, and even elderly having a midnight stroll. No one looked at them twice, but that’s how they preferred it. They spoke in hushed tones, just loud enough to hear. Their breath came out as soft clouds contrasting form the dark night and the bright lights.

“It was so nice seeing Jun-hee again,” said Daniel.

“She’s really gotten big.” They continued talking until they came back to their hotel. “Want to race up the stairs?” They were staying towards the top of the hotel, so when they first came, they went up the elevator. Daniel nodded as a yes before running to the door, leaving Minsoo behind. “Hey! I wasn’t ready!”

“You’re just a grandpa!” Daniel laughed as he ran, and soon enough, the reached their floor. “I win!” He smiled and caught his breath. Minsoo heaved as well, but smiled as he ruffled Daniel’s hair. They entered their floor shortly after and ran into two of their members. One had light pink hair while the other was a light blonde.

“Where have you two been?” Asked the one with pink hair.

“We went out for a walk,” answered Minsoo.

“But you were out when we came back, and that was like an hour ago,” continued the pink one.

“Well, L Joe, we got lost.” Said Daniel with an exaggerated look of being tired.

“Why did you go alone?” Asked the blonde one.

“I’m tired, Chunji!” Daniel whined. “We were walking around nonstop and had to start running when we saw some girls pointing and whispering~! We weren’t gonna go far. It took us forever to find someone that could understand us.” Daniel whined a little more before yawning. Minsoo put his arm around Daniel before looking at Chunji and L Joe.

“I think he’s tired. We should all go to sleep now.” Chunji and L Joe nodded before leaving towards their room. Minsoo leaned into Daniel a little before tickling his side. “Don’t fall asleep yet.” Daniel squirmed a little and whined, but he stood up and walked towards their room.

He fished out his key from his pocket and opened it shortly after. They entered the dimly lit room and saw Changjo fishing some clothes out of his bag.

“Where were you two?” He asked. He continued to fish out some clothes and brought out his towel.

“We went for a walk and got lost,” answered Daniel. Minsoo merely nodded and went to the bed closest to the window before lying down. Changjo merely nodded before heading to the bathroom.

Danile and Minsoo sat in silence for a while until the heard the shower start.

“Are you about to go to sleep?” Daniel asked. Minsoo nodded before getting under his covers. “I love you,” he called.

“I love you too.”

Changjo held his breath as he heard it. He had simply the shower to let it warm up first, but he didn’t think that he would have been able to hear them. He felt and aching in his chest. He quickly got into the shower and made sure that it was scalding hot and stood. He refused to believe that the salt that he tasted were his tears and instead blamed it on the shower. He refused to believe that he felt pain in his chest and just blamed it on the hot water. He laughed a little.

“I should have known,” he mumbled to himself before laughing. He washed himself quickly before coming out and getting dressed. ‘They’re already probably asleep,’ he thought. He laughed at himself before coming out.

Minsoo was already asleep, softly snoring away. Daniel, on the other hand, was sitting in front of the window, just staring out into the brightly lit night. He heard Changjo close the door behind him, but he didn’t turn around. Changjo didn’t say anything. He just dried his hair and got into the bed.

“Changjo?” His heart skipped a beat, but he answered nonetheless.

“Yeah, Niel?” They just stayed in silence for a while. Neither said a word. Changjo waited for Daniel to continue.

“Do you ever feel like there’s something missing?” Changjo merely nodded. He wasn’t sure if he saw or not, but he didn’t feel like speaking. “Are you ever scared?” He nodded once again and they sat in silence again. Changjo glanced at the clock and noticed it was nearly midnight, but he just laid there. He waited for Daniel to go to bed, thinking that he was going to crawl in with Minsoo.

“What are you doing?” Changjo looked over his shoulder to see Daniel getting onto his bed instead of Minsoo’s.

“Are you uncomfortable with it?” Asked Daniel with a tilt of the head. “I can sleep on the floor instead if you are.” Changjo shook his head.

“No, no it’s fine. Just, why don’t you sleep with CAP?” Daniel looked over to Minsoo and then back at Changjo.

“He can’t sleep with someone beside him.” Changjo looked at Daniel then at Minsoo. “He just can’t.” He knew that Danile knew why, and was hiding it from him, but he shoved it away. He scooted over in the bed and turned to his side letting Daniel get in.

Daniel smiled and lay atop the covers before curling up. Changjo turned around and stared at Daniel.

“Won’t you get cold?” He asked. Daniel shook his head. Changjo looked him up and down again, noting his position. “Is this how you always sleep?” Daniel nodded. “You look like a shrimp.” Daniel laughed and lightly hit Changjo. Changjo chuckled as well, but after a while, they both remained silent. Changjo looked at Daniel only to notice that he has fallen asleep. He marveled at how his lips pouted slightly and how his eyes fluttered slowly.  He threads his fingers through his hair, and Daniel, on instinct, leaned into it before moving his head atop Changjo’s chest. Changjo was a little surprised, but allowed it. He smiled down at him before falling asleep as well.