NMPOY

Daddy?

 

“Do I look funny?” Daniel came in and looked at Minsoo. His hair was crimped; his eyeliner was think, and his lips pink from the lipstick. Minsoo looked at him for a moment before chuckling. “I knew I looked weird,” whined Daniel. He stomped his foot a little and spun around.

“You don’t look weird.” Daniel stopped and looked at his father with large eyes full of hope. “You look pretty.” His face fell and he started whining again. Minsoo found it funny how his teenage son still acted like a small child at times. He didn’t like to see his son upset though, so he got up and hugged him tight.

“I don’t want to be a pretty boy.” He hugged him closer and buried his face in his father’s chest in embarrassment. “I don’t like to be called a flower boy.”  Minsoo kissed the top of his head before pulling him away.

“It’s only a concept, nothing more.” Daniel looked away unsatisfied.

“You get to be manly.” Minsoo looked down at himself and smiled.

“That’s because I’m the oldest.” Daniel laughed at him.

“Yeah, by a lot.” Minsoo had to laugh as well. He’s a lot older than what the other members know him to be, but that’s okay.

“You know that he’s only like two years older than you.” Minsoo and Daniel turned to see the youngest member at the door. He had on a sleeveless white outfit on and his hair was dyed a light brown.

“Still old,” Daniel joked. Minsoo laughed before tickling Daniel on his sides, causing him to break out into hysterical laughter. While they were laughing and playing with each other, they didn’t notice how the other young boy’s face fell. He walked over to the couch in the waiting room and laid his head to sleep, not wanting to be a nuisance, and not wanting to watch.

He couldn’t sleep though. He was not tired and he was uncomfortable on the couch. He just closed his eyes and tried to tune out the giggles. They were innocent, just friendly laughs and touches, but he always felt out of place.

“Hey, Changjo.” The boy looked up to be met with the dark of another young boy. His hair was black and spiked, eyebrows thick and chin sharp, while his ears where out.

“Hey, Ricky. What’s going on?” Changjo sat up and Ricky sat next to him.

“They’re doing it again.”  Ricky pointed towards Daniel and Minsoo and rolled his eyes. “I swear Niel and CAP act like their lovers.”  Changjo didn’t say anything. He just stared at them as Minsoo hugged Daniel and giggled. He watched as they playfully hit each other. And he watched as they whispered. It was something that he always tried to ignore. He thought that it was just his imagination, but now that Ricky has also pointed it out, he’s afraid that maybe he was right.

‘Maybe they are together,’ he thought.  He quickly shook it out of his head. ‘No, they can’t be.’ He distracted himself with talking to Ricky. They talked for a while, joked around, and acted silly until they were called to start filming.

They all were able to finish filming in two days inside. Changjo watched as Minsoo would constantly come to Daniel and make sure he was alright. He always gave him water, hugs, encouragement, and smiles. He would come to them as well, but he could tell that Minsoo did so for Daniel more.

When they were on stage for a performance, Niel would look back and play with Minsoo. He would grab his tie and smile, they would sit together and laugh, and they would just always be together. It hurt Changjo, but he wasn’t sure why, so he would start to hand out with Ricky more. He became close to Ricky, but he could never look away from Daniel.