18

Daddy?

 

A few years have passed. Jun-hee went to Japan. Daniel didn’t want her to go, and neither did Minsoo, but he let her. He wanted her to be happy and to follow her dreams, so he gave her his blessings. As a gift, he gave her a cell phone and told her to call home every day, and that she did. Daniel was able to get into acting and made an appearance in a movie, but he it wasn’t his dream. Minsoo was able to get recruited to a small up and coming agency, but he had to lie about his age. He wrote down that he was fifteen, even though he was 23.

He worked his hardest, and he was able to get a recruiter and his son together. They liked his voice despite his lack of skill, and took him in. He was twelve, so he had so much time to improve. When he first entered into the studio and saw Minsoo, he wanted to run up to him. Minsoo moved first. He grabbed his hand and introduced himself as if he was a stranger. Daniel understood.

Because of their training, they had less time together as just the two of them. It was harder to talk to Jun-hee now, but they made sure to at least send her a message or a letter every day.  They made friends with the other trainees, and after a couple of years, the finally made it.

Daniel debuted at 15, and Minsoo at “18”. They were members of a six person group. The first year was hell for them. Daniel would always fight with a boy named Byunghyun, and he had a hard time being their leader without acting like a father.

Actually, one thing that kept them sane was when they were alone. Then they could act like father and son instead of leader and friend. They found out that Jun-hee won a writing composition and would debut in Japan. Their hearts swelled with pride.

Whenever they went to Japan for a fan meet, they would sneak out together to see her. They were happy. They had fun.

At times, Daniel and Minsoo would play around and hug on stage or when they weren’t being watched. Daniel never slipped the word, daddy, but he has acted like a child with him. Minsoo lets him, and the others, because they let go of their childhood when they decided to pursue this career.