Cold

Daddy?

 

Everyone piled into the dorm exhausted. The members took turns falling onto the couch, except for Daniel and Changjo, who collapsed onto the floor at their feet and LJoe who collapsed atop the other three on the couch.

“The carpet is itchy,” groaned Changjo. He didn’t make a move to get up, but instead rolled onto his back. Chunji shoved LJoe before smacking his back.

“Get off me you oversized chicken!” He yelled out, but LJoe just groaned and pressed onto them further. Chunji rolled his eyes and Ricky just pushed his feet but failed. All failed to see the light shade of pink, or they all just thought it was from the exhaustion.

“Who gets the bath first?” Ricky asked. Almost immediately, Chunji stood, causing LJoe to fall to the ground, and ran to the bathroom. LJoe looked over to Ricky with a glare as he just stared back with an innocent smile.

“You did that on purpose.” Ricky just looked away with his smile.

“I don’t know what you mean,” he teased. LJoe just kicked him before lying on the ground above Changjo and Daniel. The TV switched on, which scared Ljoe. He looked over and saw Changjo on his elbows with Daniel leaned on him with a remote in his hands.

“Secret Island is about to come on!” Niel exclaimed. “We missed the second episode!” Changjo nodded quickly as Minsoo just laid his head to the side. Ricky brought his feet up and laid his head against Minsoo while his feet took over the rest of the couch. LJoe looked up from his spot, and Ricky just stuck his tongue out in teasing.

The show started and by the second commercial, Chunji had come out and joined in. When asked why he was so fast, he mentioned that the water would not heat up. He called the building’s management, and they said they would check it out.

“I couldn’t wait to find out if they would fix it today or not, so I just took a quick shower as I nearly froze to death.” Minsoo chuckled before hugging Chunji lightly and trying to warm him up. Minsoo and Chunji both flinched as they were kicked and pinched respectively.

“Shh!!” Hushed Ricky irritatingly.

“The show’s back on!” Yelled out Ljoe. He backed away from them and lay atop of Daniel to avoid getting kicked back.  Daniel uttered only a light groan, but nothing more. Changjo had lain down completely and Daniel’s head lay on his back while LJoe laid his head atop Daniel’s side.

The members watched and laughed at themselves making a fool of themselves on the show. They would always watch in critique for performances, but with variety shows, they would always just make fun of themselves. They watched as they were given the characters and how they had to speak like them.

They laughed as their embarrassment surfaced. They laughed at how childishly they acted. They laughed as the saw the statue of pigs. They laughed as they saw the statues making out. Chunji laughed as he saw Daniel and Changjo playfully reenact it.

“What’s wrong?” Asked Chunji as he settled down. He had noticed that he was the only one laughing, and as he looked around, he didn’t understand why. “What?”

No one said anything.

“Are you guys some homophobes or something?” He asked. Minsoo snapped out of it and stood. “Dude, chill,” said Chunji. “What’s got you so worked up?” Asked Chunji. Minsoo didn’t answer as he left the room. Chunji then looked over at Ricky.  “What’s up with him?”

Ricky merely stood and left as well. Chunji looked on in disbelief before looking over to the three on the floor who have yet to move.

“What is up with all of you?” He asked. They didn’t answer, so he stood and made his way over. As he came around, he noticed that they were all asleep. “You guys must have been really tired,” he said softly. He sighed as he went into their room and brought out some blankets.

“I would take you guys to your room, but you’re all too fat for me.” Chunji laughed at his own joke. He laid out pillows for them and arranging them so that they would be more comfortable. He was able to lift LJoe with little effort as he laid him next to Daniel. “You need to eat more,” he said before he straightened out Daniel only for him to curl up again. Chunji sighed and smiled as watched Daniel reach out and grab onto Changjo before settling down. LJoe then went and unconsciously held onto Daniel as well.

“I see you still need something to keep you grounded,” he mused before he grabbed the blankets. He lightly laid them over them before turning the light off. He smiled in relief as he noticed that A/C was still working.

The dorm remained quiet.

In Minsoo’s room, he laid with his photo book that he kept hidden from everyone. He stared at Daniel and Juniel’s old baby photos. He looked through pictures of his family together. He smiled, but it fell as he came to a page with him between three women and a boy his age. It was torn and the faces of the women were scratched out, but the boy remained intact. He ran his fingers over it as he sighed.

Ricky lay with tears running down his face as he stared at a picture in his hands. It was of him and an older woman. He pulled out a gold necklace from under his pillow and played with it unconsciously as he stared at the woman and himself. He quickly pulled it away and out of sight when Chunji entered and just pretended to be asleep.

Chunji looked over to him before climbing into his own bed and going to sleep.

The three roommates lay upon the floor together. Daniel’s phone lit up when it received a message, but made no sound.  It just barely stuck out of his pocket.

“Goodnight baby bro,” it read.

LJoe’s phone lit up soon after with a message as well. The phone laid by his foot.

“Guess where I am?- GD”

 


A/N: I'm sorry!

 

OH! And here's the link for an updated chart: Chart