Meeting

Daddy?

 

“Daddy, it’s Jun-hee,” Daniel whispered. It was late at night and he was in their hotel for the night that they are staying at while in Japan. They were doing a fan meet that week, so they were split into two rooms. Minsoo, Daniel, and Changjo in one room while the other three in the other room. Right now Daniel and Minsoo were alone since Changjo went out to eat, so Daniel took the opportunity to call his sister and see if they could go see her.

“Put her on speaker, the door’s locked anyway.” Daniel nodded and did as he was told. “Hey, sweetie.”

“Hi, Daddy!” There was some shuffling on the other side of the line. “How are you guys?!”

“Fine,” answered Daniel. “We just flew into Japan and we’re about a half hour from you. Want to meet up?” Squeals of delight were heard on the other line and Daniel and Minsoo just had to smile at her happiness.

“Yes! I know this little private Café that we could meet at, and it is unknown enough where no one will see us.” There was shuffling on the other end.

“Okay, give us the address and we’ll find it,” said Minsoo.  He was smiling. After five years, he will be able to see his daughter. They couldn’t me the year before because she was in school, but they were fine with it. Now though, now they can be together again, even if it is for a little while.

“Okay, just make sure when you go in, just tell the front lady, ‘Juniel,’ and she will point to the room I’ll be in. It’s REALLY private.”

They both gave their Okays before nodding and getting the address. They wanted to make sure to one recognized them, because even though they are in Japan, they still have fans. Since it was a cold night, they took advantage of their large coats and scarves. Minsoo made sure to write a note for Changjo before they left.

It was easy to find the café for them since they have looked through maps of the area ever since Jun-hee moved. The first time they came, they even snuck out to explore the area. The Café that she told them to go to was only fifteen minutes away, so she decided to meet them halfway.

The Café was warm and the inside was painted with different shades of brown and green. There was a small area in front to be with everyone else, but there was also a small hallway with many doors. They went up to the elderly woman at the counter.

“Juniel?” Daniel asked with a slightly lower town than his regular voice. The old woman smiled and nodded before telling them that it was the very last room on the right. Even though they do not know Japanese well, they have been studying and learned from the very beginning how to take directions.

When they came to the door, they knocked before going in. Jun-hee was sitting on a large suede couch sipping on some hot chocolate. Her sweater was a light cream color and the sleeves covered half of her hands. Her hair was dyed a lighter brown and her eyes were winged with dark eyeliner. As they entered, she looked up and smiled. She stood and ran to them.

“Daddy~, Daniel~!” She ran over to both of them and hugged them close. They smiled as they returned the hug. She looked up to both of them with a large smile on her face. “Now why are you so covered up? Take it off and come drink some coco with me.” She smiled before going to pour two cups of hot chocolate from the small thermos.

Daniel and Minsoo laughed and took off their scarves and jackets. They hung them up on the side before sitting next to Jung-hee.

“First let me see how big my little girl has gotten.” He went over and grabbed Jun-hee’s hands before twirling her around. “You look so beautiful, just like your daddy.” Junhee laughed and sat in the middle while Minsoo and Niel beside her.

“At least I know that I have a pretty sister,” added Niel.

“And I have a pretty brother~.” Niel crossed his arms and huffed in mock annoyance before lightly shoving his sister.

They talked about school, performances, music, friends, and just how life has been. Daniel and Minsoo let Jun-hee talk as much as she wanted to without interrupting her. They haven’t seen her in so long.

“Oh, and you know how I finally debuted here?” Daniel and Minsoo nodded as they sipped their drinks. They remember she first told them that she was releasing a Japanese album. They felt so proud and they danced around all day. They couldn’t tell anyone why though, so for that they, they were left alone because they were being weird.

They celebrated even further when her second EP came out about two weeks before their comeback. They bought her CD, refusing to be given one for free, and played it all day. They had her on their iPods and computers, and always kept her close.

“Well, I think that I’m going to change labels and have another ‘major’ debut!” She smiled and jumped up and down. Daniel smiled and jumped as well while Minsoo just looked on in admiration.

“That’s so awesome!” They danced together on the couch and hugged each other. “Oh, and I have a question.” Jun-hee nodded, signaling for him to continue. “Why did you change your name to Juniel?” She giggled before hitting his shoulder lightly.

“Even though no one will ever know that you’re my little brother, I still want us to be related in some way.” Daniel’s eyes softened and he hugged his sister closely before kissing the top of her head.

“Just don’t look yourselves up later,” said Minsoo. “You will be scarred.” They laughed.

They spent about another hour just being together. Minsoo and Daniel even got up and taught Jun-hee some of their dances. She taught them some more Japanese and Daniel and she helped each other with vocal techniques. They actually didn’t notice how late it was getting until the older woman came and told them that they were closing soon.

They dressed themselves in their coat once again, but before parting ways, Minsoo brought out a simple silver necklace.

“Here, I bought this for you.” Jun-hee was speechless, but she accepted the gift with a smile. He gently clasped the necklace around her neck before they separated ways, each singing each other’s music.