Hyung

Daddy?

 

Both Daniel and Minsoo walked towards Minsoo’s room, since his is the only one that has a working lock.

“About L Joe,” he started. Daniel put a hand up and shook his head.

“L Joe said that he will tell Changjo and me later. So it’s okay.” Minsoo merely nodded before they both sat on the bed. “So who called?” Minsoo immediately smiled as he brought out his laptop and flicked the screen on to reveal two people.

“Jun-hee noona! Seunghyun hyung!” Daniel called out. They both smiled and waved at Daniel.

“Hey~!” They both called out, smiles playing across their faces.

“Sorry we didn’t call earlier,” said Jun-hee.

“Schedules have been hectic,” said Seunghyun with a laugh. “It’s only coincidence we called at the same time really.” Daniel merely nodded.

“Congratulations on winning first!” Yelled out someone who was not on camera. Daniel gasped and smiled

“Is Siwon hyung there?!” As soon as the words left his mouth, a large man quickly sat beside Jun-hee. “Siwon hyung!” Daniel called out gleefully. “You’re in Japan!” Siwon merely nodded.

“I was able to sneak away from the rest of the group, but how are my little brother and nephew?” Siwon smiled as scooted closer to the screen.

“Hey, what about me!?” Seunghyun called out before pouting.

“Yes, and how are you little brother T.O.P?” He called out teasingly. Seunghyun merely stuck out his tongue at the screen. Daniel laughed as he watched his two uncles fight while Minsoo merely rolled his eyes toward his childish hyungs.

“Anyway,” Jun-hee cut in, “How did you guys celebrate!?” She was jumping up and down from excitement. Daniel merely waved a dismissive hand.

“Andy just treated us out for BBQ.” Jun-hee’s face fell a little, but she laughed it off. “We need to plan a day when we can all meet up one day.” They all nodded in agreement. Daniel then snapped his head up before leaning forward in excitement. “Siwon, how’s Jiaheng hyung? And do you know when Kanging hyung will come out of the military?”

“Kangin will come out in April,” answered Seunghyun instead. Siwon glared at him playfully for speaking first, but Seunghyun just shrugged. “I talked to him last night, bite me.” Siwon merely laughed. “And isn’t Jiaheng going to debut soon?”

“Yeah, but there are about to come out with TOO many teasers, and he doesn’t go by Jiaheng.” Daniel and Minsoo nodded and waited for Siwon to continue. “He’s named himself Kris, and Wu YiFan. I don’t really know where he got that, much less Kevin.”

“Maybe people in the states named him Kevin, like how Byunghyun’s friends named him Joe.” Seunghyun nodded at Daniel’s words. Siwon looked down at his watch.

“I have to go now. Remember to pray every day and may God bless you.” He left afterwards, but not before kissing the top of Jun-hee’s head. “Talk to you guys later.” Minsoo put his arm around Daniel and pulled him closer playfully.

“Looks like your cousin is finally about to debut,” he said towards Jun-hee and Daniel. “Now, not only are you Sunbae to your older sister, but to your older cousin too.” Daniel laughed and so did Jun-hee.

“I should be going soon as well before Jiyoung comes looking for me. We’re supposed to be rehearsing.” He put his finger to his lip in a shushing motion. “Talk to you later,” he whispered before closing out. Now, just the three of them are left.

“What’s the good news?!” Daniel called out immediately. Jun-hee just smiled, but shook her head. “I know there’s something, tell me!” He whined. Minsoo merely laughed at how his son is almost eighteen, yet acts five.

“Ok, ok. I’m releasing another single in February, and, get this, they already want to use it as an OST!” Both Daniel and his sister squealed in delight whereas Minsoo merely smiled.  “And I’ll be debuting in Korea this summer!” Now all three of them were squealing, but Minsoo and Daniel had to cover their mouths so as they won’t be heard by their members.

“That means we’ll probably see each other!” Daniel danced a little in his seat and Minsoo had to make sure he didn’t fall to the floor.

Knock. Knock.

Both Minsoo and Daniel snapped their heads towards the door. Daniel signaled for Jun-hee to be quiet and she understood.

“Yeah?” Called out Minsoo.

“It’s L Joe, can I talk to you Minsoo hyung.” Minsoo looked over to Daniel before receiving a nod and leaving, closing the door behind him. As soon as he heard their footsteps fade, Daniel let out a short breath.

“What happened?” Daniel looked at his sister before smiling.

“L Joe just came and-“

“No, as in what happened to you?” Daniel looked at her in confusion. “Cut the Daniel. Did you hurt yourself again? I know when you’re hiding something. Remember, we both kept quiet when you got that burn on your back and we kept quiet when I twisted my ankle. I know that Daddy, for some reason, can’t tell, but I can. So spill.” Daniel sighed in defeat, but looked at her with a questioning look. “I promise I won’t tell.”

“Ok, so when we were about to go record, this crazy fan came and pushed Changjo and he scraped his jaw and hurt his hand. We gave him the entire seat while we took him to the hospital, so I sat on the ground. We hit a really big bump and I hit my head and my head kind of split open. Only Changjo knows about it though, and he helps me clean it and wash my hair while I help him with everything else and change his bandages. It’s fine, really, we’re going to go back next week to remove the stitches.” Daniel sighed in relief and fought to catch his breath.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” She asked. Daniel merely nodded. She sighed, but nodded. “Fine, I won’t tell, but you owe me.” He nodded before he heard something on her side. “Their doing curfew check, I have to go, but keep an eye out for Daddy. He’s acting weird.” She closed out soon after.

Daniel closed the laptop and made his way towards the door.

“Yeah, something’s off.”