Dreams

Daddy?

 

The sun shone down onto the city as it rose from the night. The clouds were tinted a light pink with a hint of yellow and the breeze blew softly. The trees shook lightly and the flowers swayed happily. It was the end of summer, almost fall, but the air was still warm. Butterflies were still fluttering by and the birds still sung.

The clouds covered most of the sky, but never the sun. The sun shone down on the city and on the surrounding town, as if it was there to watch over it. It shone down even brighter on three individuals walking down a path together, hand in hand. One was a young boy, a teenager, holding the hands of two small children. They had smiles on their faces and hands clasped tightly as they laughed and spoke.

They way that looked at each other were full of admiration and strength.

“Daddy?” The small boy looked up to his black haired father. His hand was clenched in his father’s and his slightly older sister.  “I want to be a singer.” His father smiled kindly at the young boy.

“I want to be a singer too,” said the little girl. The father smiled and kneeled down before his two children.

“Well,” he started, “I want to be a rapper.” The children looked up at their father with pure admiration and hugged him close. “We’ll be famous one day, I promise.”

He let go of his children and continued walking. They passed by various little shops in the city and started to enter the more rural neighborhoods. As they walked, the father could hear various women talking about them.

“Aw, look at that young man taking care of his siblings~.” There were whispers and coos, and every once and a while they would stop him and praise him for taking care of them. He never told them that they were his children though, because when he did, they would always look away in disgust. It wasn’t his fault though. He didn’t choose to be a father at such a young age, but he loves his children nonetheless. He would put them above anything. Of course, he wasn’t ready, but he had understanding parents. They helped him and he had some relatives that took care of them when he had to go to school.

“Daniel, Jun-hee,” both the children looked up to their father. “Be good today and be nice to the teacher.” Both of the children nodded and entered the small school. The young father sighed and turned to walk to school. “The paperwork is almost finished,” he said to himself. “They can be famous without a problem.”  He took a look at his watch before running towards school.