Chapter 8: Passion For You

Beautiful Stranger

After two hours of tossing and turning in bed Amber finally fell asleep. At four am Amber got up and drank a few cups wine that she found in the house. Later at five am, for the first time she drank coffee. She made a frowning face at the bitter taste of coffee and tosses a spoon full sugar into her coffee. Afterward Amber had a few more coffee filled with sugar.

“I couldn’t sleep after what happen yesterday.” Amber said pacing the kitchen.

The sounds of footsteps mix with the powerful smell of coffee filling up the house woke up Sulli at six in the morning. “Unni,” Sulli said. “Why are you up so early?” The smell of coffee filled up the whole house.

“It’s nothing. I’m just excited for some reason.”

Sulli looks at Amber’s cup of coffee and knew the answer. “Because of the caffeine?”

“Umm… No. That’s not it. Can’t be it.”

“How many cups did you have?” Yeah, it’s definitely the caffeine.

“Why aren’t you getting ready? Aren’t you going to school today?”

“No, it’s Sunday.”

“Oh okay.”

 Amber headed towards the door and Sulli stops her to ask, “Where are you going dress like that?” Amber was still in her pajama.

“Oh right.” Amber said realizing what she wore. “It’s okay, I’ll just go like this.”

“Wait unni, let me dress you.” Walking back Sulli almost trip over a bottle of wine, an empty bottle of wine. “Unni, did you drink this?” Sulli said picking up the bottle.

Amber looks at the bottle and said, “Maybe. It was already almost out when I drank it. But it’s fine, I’m drinking coffee.”

“Where are you going?”

“To Henry’s place. I want to do something new and different today.”

Sulli dress Amber in her usual boyish outfit and Amber head off. “I hope it was a good idea to let Amber go like that.”

At six-thirty Amber arrive at Henry’s home. Henry was surprise to see Amber so early in the morning. He was happy to see Amber but unprepared.

“Hey Henry.” Amber said with excitement. “Are you busy?”

“Are you feeling alright?” Henry said feeling worried about Amber’s already unusual composure.

“I’m fine.” Amber said as she walks past Henry and into his home. “You make music right?”

“Well yeah for fun and when I have time.”

“Oh I remember that. Can I use your computer?”

“Amber. I have work today. I have to leave in half an hour. I don’t have time to hang with you today.”

Unaffected by Henry’s words Amber continues, “So where’s your computer?”

Henry gave up and gave Amber his laptop. “Will this program helps you in your conquest in music.”

“Yes sir.” Amber said saluting Henry.

Twenty minutes later Henry made breakfast and got ready to leave. “Amber, there’s food in the fridge and freshly made breakfast here on the table.” Amber lifts her hand to confirm she heard him. “I’ll be back in eight hours.”

into learning to use the program, though Amber is no musical genius having only played a guitar at an armature level. Through messing around in the programs for a few hours Amber finally get the hang of using it. An hour later Amber finally finished making a song consisting of drums, snares, guitar, electric guitar, bass, and the sound of her own voice.

 

Eight hours later and Henry returns home in a rush. He reaches his door in heavy breath hoping Amber was still there. When he opens the doors it was quiet. He lets out a breath of disappointment. “And I thought she would still be here. What am I thinking?” Henry walks into the living room and saw Amber had fallen asleep onto the couch. “Oh she was just sleeping.” Looking back at the kitchen and it was untouched the way he left it that morning. The food he left her was still in the same spot he left it. “Amber, have you eaten?” Henry said worried.

Amber is still deep asleep. Knock out cold. Henry took a look at what Amber had accomplish with the time she spent Though simple, with Amber’s singing deep female voice there’s a soulful quality to it. The song sounds like an rrnb song, one of Amber’s favorite types of music. Despite the rush quality sound of the song, it sounds good.

Henry looks adoringly at Amber. “I assume this was for that Kris guy.” I never have thought that I would fall for a tomboy like Amber. If I never knew you, I would never have fall for one. “You work hard for this one song.” Interrupted by the sound of a growling stomach from Amber, Henry couldn’t help but laughs at it. “Cute, like a puppy. Come on Amber wake up, you need to eat. Don’t just crash without eating anything, you’ll become bones.” He shakes Amber’s shoulder trying to wake up Amber.

Stubbornly Amber changes sleeping position as she is determined to stay asleep , “No, ten more minutes.” In Henry’s struggle to get Amber to wake up, he found himself being pulled in by Amber. In a sweet voice she said, “I’m cold. Please keep me warm.”

Hearing what Amber say as she pulls him closer, Henry couldn’t help it as his heartbeat skyrocket and his breath becoming heavy. He is indulges himself with Amber’s embrace to get her scent and warmth. With the knowledge that Amber is sleep talking Henry snaps out of it and said, “Amber, Amber wake up!”

Amber woke up surprised. “Why are you on top of me?” She said not realizing she have her arms wrapped around Henry.

“Can you let me go?” Henry said doing his best to hide his red face.

“Ah, sorry.” Amber said feeling confuse about why she’s at Henry’s place. “I feel so hungry.”

Henry and Amber sat near each other after Amber has release Henry from her arms. The air around them feel awkward, something Amber never expected to have with Henry.

“Yeah me too, I just got home.”

“Why am I here?” Amber said forgetting that she walked to Henry’s place on a whim.

Surprised that Amber didn’t remember, Henry took the opportunity to play a trick on Amber. “Ah, you don’t remember.”

“What? Tell me! That’s why I’m asking you.”

“We got married.”

“Oh.” Amber said before she could process what she heard. “We what!”

“That’s why you had your arm around me. Don’t be so sly and not remember what we did last night.” Henry enjoys seeing Amber fluster face. “Amber.”

“I… You…” Amber started to panic. “We…”

“Calm down.”

“But we… I don’t remember any of it.”

“I’m joking. Amber. I’m kidding.”

Amber fist Henry in the shoulder. “It’s not funny.”

“Amber.” Henry could see tears forming at the corner of her eyes. “You worried me today. Is there something on your mind that made you come see me so early in the morning?”

“My memory is a bit hazy.” Turning to Henry with puppy eyes Amber said, “Can we talk about this after a meal? I’m hungry.” Amber wanted to postpone answering the question.

“Okay let’s go eat out.” Henry said as he got up.

Amber tugs at Henry’s shirt and said, “I don’t want to go out. Can we eat here at your house?”

“Hm, alright. Sounds good.” Henry said with a smile. “I’ll order some take out. How about some cold noodle soup?”

“Alright.”

 

After a finished meal Amber’s phone started to vibrate. “My phone is on silence, I didn’t know that.” When she looks at her phone she had forty-nine miss called from Sulli and thrity text messages. “Ah, sorry, I have to take this.”

“Okay.” Henry said as he left to his room.

“Where are you unni?” Sulli said panicking. “I’ve been calling you all day.”

“Sorry, I was asleep.” Amber said trying to calm Sulli down. “I’m sorry that I worry you. I’m all better now, though I’ve been spending my entire day sleeping. Did you eat yet Sulli?”

“No not yet, I was worried sick about you.”

Amber could hear Sulli softly crying in the background. “Don’t cry, I’ll be home soon. Your unni is sorry to have worried you. It’s not your fault okay.”

“Come back soon okay.”

“Okay, I will. Love you.”

“I love you too unni.”

Henry came back into the room when Amber hung up the phone. “Is everything alright?”

“I’m such a bad unni to worry my little Sulli.” Amber said as she struggles to smile. “I’m ready to talk now, about what’s been troubling me.”

“Don’t force yourself to be ready.” Henry said with a comforting smile.

“I think I fell for Kris. I just can’t get him out of my head. When he’s no longer around I feel like I lost a large part of me.”

Doing his best to not get angry or show how Amber’s words are breaking his heart Henry said in a calm soothing voice. “Just take your time. If it is really love you’ll know it. Don’t doubt it. Well it’s time for me to get back to work.” Henry leads Amber out the door before she could say a word. “Come here whenever you have a problem.”

Amber didn’t understand why Henry is giving her a rushed good bye and didn’t think into his action. She obediently left and went back home. After Henry closed the door he leans back against it as he calms down his heart. He slowly walks back to the sofa to inspect the song Amber had made on his computer.

Henry listens to the lyrics Amber wrote that day:

“How do you face the day denying everything that makes you whole? Do you expect me to fill everything up for you, after you have only forgotten me? Even when tears from your eyes, it won’t ever make the day a better day. If I say that there’s a place for you in my heart. Would you still turn away from me? Whatever they call these emotions, they are making my heart race for you. But you will never have me in your heart. Don’t make me say those words that will never come true.”

 

Kris sat alone as he ate his slice of pizza. He doesn’t know what he’s expecting waiting at the pizza restaurant. This was the same restaurant he had previously eaten with Henry and Amber before. The one that is right across Henry’s home. From the corner of his eyes he saw Amber. He doesn’t know why but he feels that he should expect something when he saw Amber, something worthwhile. He quickly finish eating his pizza and by the time he got outside, Amber is nowhere in sight. Kris couldn’t remember why he wanted to come to this specific pizza restaurant in the first place.

“Why can’t I remember something so important?” Kris said angrily to himself. I know it, but I can’t remember it. All I know is that Amber is an important key to knowing what’s missing inside of me.