Chapter 14: The Chase

Beautiful Stranger

By the time Sulli had arrived it was already midnight. Amber came with Sulli and was worried about her going out so late at night. While Sulli meets up with Key, Amber waited at a distance to keep watch of the surrounding. The night is cold and Sulli can see Key standing under the light for her. He smiles the moment Sulli and his eyes met.

“You came.” Key said happily.

“It’s late. What did you want to say?” Sulli said angrily as she hides her excitements. If he wants her he have to work hard for it after what he had done to her. Key shouldn’t be undecided if he wants to be with her.

He had expected Sulli to be happy to meet him but he remembers how he had treated her. It was because of that one kiss that made him fell for her. That electricity between them that was different when he kissed Amber. The one kiss Sulli had gave Key made him forgot that he had ever kissed Amber. “I want to apologize one last time.” Key said. He knows Sulli wouldn’t have come if she didn’t feel at least something about him.

Walking away Sulli said in a annoyed tone believing Key was just dragging his feet so he could get Amber,“If that’s all you’re going to say then I have to –”

Sulli’s words were cut short as Key pulls her back. With her face close to his Sulli first thought is that he was going to kiss her with her wishful thinking. Instead Key hugs her passionately. “Sorry. I am truly sorry for the trouble I put you through.”

 Struggling to break free Sulli said, “Let go of me.”

“No.” Key said sweetly. “Not again.”

“What are you talking about?”

“This time I will hold you tight next to me and never let you go again.”

“Why?” Sulli said with teary eyes. “Didn’t you fall for Amber? You were only using me to get close to her.”

Key loosens his hug on Sulli and pushes her away at arm’s length so he can stare into her eyes. He saids, “To tell you the truth Amber was my target at first. Don’t get angry. I’m a horrible person for doing that, I know.” Tears began to fall from Sulli’s eyes. Key continues, “But your kiss made me forgot the reason why I fell for Amber. It made me forget that I had ever kissed her.” He paused for a moment before saying, “I want to be with you, not Amber. I love you Sulli.”

There it is those words that Sulli has been waiting for. Her tears of sadness have now turned to tears of happiness. Without words Sulli happily hug Key. Then he slowly moves in for a kiss. There it is again that electricity, that bliss of happiness when you touch someone you fell in love with, this love he felt is the real deal. What he and Amber had may just be curiosity of what might be, but this is between him and Sulli is true through and through.

In the distance they hear someone singing Key’s newest song. Key said, “Is that Amber?”

“Yes.” Sulli said as Key and her laughs at the thought of it. “I have to go now. Amber is calling for me.” Turning around for one last time before she leave Sulli said, “Don’t even think about it.”

Key smiles and said, “Don’t worry. You’re the only one in here right now.” He pointed to his heart. “Don’t forget about me.”

Amber greeted Sulli with, “Welcome back. I’m happy my little love expert have found love.”

Sulli pouted saying, “Who said I’m the love expert?”

“I said so.” Amber patted Sulli on the head then hook one arm around her. “Time to go home and get some sleep, I’m so tired already.”

“Thank you for everything.”

“Don’t. This is my job after all. If I get angry for doing something like this, I would feel ashamed as your older sister. I only got one little sister and I want you to be happy.”

“Amber. Don’t work too hard for my happiness.”

Seeing that Sulli is sad about how dedicated Amber is to helping her Amber says, “Don’t worry, I won’t forget about myself. You don’t have to worry. I’ll  find my man soon enough.”

“Try calling him ‘Oppa’ and see how he reacts.” Sulli laughs at the idea of Amber calling a guy in such a cute manner. She has never seen Amber calling a guy like that before.

“Oppa!” Amber said cutely. “Oppa, give me some food. I’m hungry.”

Sulli ran away laughing as she playfully said, “Stop it. Stop it. The horror.”

Again Amber said, “Oppa! Wait for me! Oppa!”

By the time they reach home it was one in the morning.

 

The next morning Amber felt slightly groggy going to work but made it through her shift without any incident. None of her coworkers have seen Kris around for a while and must have forgotten about him. For the past week, Amber was able to leave work without nosing people asking about what kind of relationship she has with Kris. All of her pizzas deliveries made it to their destinations and no one is bothering her for information about Kris. Everything seems to be going well.

Unexpectedly outside waiting for Amber is Kris in his usual casual clothes with Henry standing there beside him. Without a single word Amber turns around and tries walking back into the pizza restaurant. Both of them held onto Amber’s shoulder with one hand each. Amber sighs and said, “I shouldn’t have work at a place they know about.”

“We need to talk to you.” Both Kris and Henry said.

“I’m tired. I don’t want to play this game.” Amber said. “You guys still want to know about the guy I like.”

“Yes.” Both Kris and Henry said. It was obvious they didn’t say it synchronized on purposes because of the glare they were giving each other.

“Why do you need to know now?” Amber said. “This is not the spot to talk about it. People are already staring.” Frustrated Amber said, “I don’t want to be chase around like a wanted criminal.”

“It’s not that Amber.” Henry said worried.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for thing to get weird between us.” Kris said.

“Too late.” Amber said feeling angry. “It has already gotten weird.”

“Amber!” Again Henry and Kris said harmoniously.

 “Sorry.” Amber said. “I’m just incredibly tired right now. It is best to talk about this another time. If you really want to know who I have my eyes set on then I’ll say this, I won’t tell you.”

“You won’t even tell your hyung.” Henry said in a soft voice.

“I’m sorry I can’t. Even if it’s you there are just some things I like to keep to myself.” Amber said as she left the two of them behind.

“This is your fault.” Henry said angrily at Kris.

“No. If you didn’t stick around, I would have gotten the chance to talk to Amber face to face.” Kris replies.

“Stop hounding Amber like she’s an object you have to possess.” Henry said giving Kris a shove.

Amber didn’t expect Henry to fall for her and she wasn’t sure how to tell Kris about her own feelings. Looking at Kris and Henry exchanging angry words at each other made Amber feel uncomfortable, the sight of two grown men fighting over her is too much. As both Henry and Kris were about to get physical in their fighting Amber decided to kick them in the heel making both of them fall to the ground.

“I still won’t say anything about who I like. If you two like me so much, don’t fight it out against each other. How is that going to change my mind? You are only making everything worst.” Amber said. Both of them stunned by Amber’s words and got up quietly. “I don’t want to see friends fight like that. Sorry but let’s talk about it another time.”

 

A few days later Henry shows up at Amber’s door unannounced. It appears that Henry is back to his usual self. With a smile on his face he saids, “Amber can I talk to you today?”

“Sure come in.” Amber said.

“Can we go throw some hoops?”

“Alright, wait for me to get ready.” Amber heads back inside to put on some sport clothes. With a basketball in hand they head off.

“We haven’t played basketball for a while right?” Henry said as they walk towards the basketball court.

“Yeah, it’s been a while. With the new job and all, everything seems to be getting busier.”

There’s an awkward quietness in the air between them as they walk.

“So.” Henry said nervously.

“Why are you nervous?” Amber said. “If you have something to say then say it.”

“You can’t ever beat me one on one in basketball game.”

“Ha. You wish.” Amber said playfully.

The reach the court and played half court, one on one, best out of twenty. Seeing Amber as her usual self made Henry smile and make him a bit distracted, allowing Amber to steal the ball from him multiple times. At the end of the game Amber won the game twenty to fifteen.

Laughing with pride Amber said with a wide smile on her face, “I won. See… What did I tell you?”

“It’s good to see you smile.” Henry said as he catches his breath.

“Hmm.” Amber looks at Henry feeling slightly confuse about what he just said. “Have I really been that somber the past few weeks?”

“Yes. You’ve been acting unlike your usual self.”

“I’m better now, so don’t worry.” Amber said with a smile.

“Are you sure?” Henry said as he locks eyes with Amber. “Don’t lie to cover up the pain.”

“It’s good to see you back to normal too.”

“What do you feel about me?”

“You’re my hyung. You’re someone I can rely on when I’m down.”

Henry pulls Amber closer. “I want to tell you that I’ve changed the way I looked at you.”

“Sorry, the one in my heart right now isn’t you. He’s someone else.” Amber said as she pulls away.

“Is he who I think he is?”

Looking down to the floor then back at Henry, Amber said, “You have always been my hyung. My love for you is just us being friends.”

He pulls Amber close trying to land a kiss on her but Amber stops him with her hand on his lips. The expression on his face shows how sad he is to know that Amber doesn’t feel the same about him as he does with her. “I got stuff to do so I’ll head off first.” Henry left without another word.

 

From the Author: Updating this past few weeks has been hard. So much has happen and life got busy. I'm thankful to have loyal readers and fellow f(x) fans reading my story. Thank you for your support.