Chapter 16: The One I Love

Beautiful Stranger

From the Author: I will be ending the story in five or less chapters. I have been spending a lot of my time away from writing my fan fictions for too long. Getting back into and finishing what I have post would be hard. A lot have change in the Kpop scene. I hope Sulli will continue to be with f(x) and that fans will stop bashing her for her lack of energy. If only more of f(x) fans will show Sulli some love, maybe she will regain that bright smile she once had when she debut with f(x). The more people talk about you, the more you will believe it. Please remember that even those people you idolize are human too. June-28-2015

 

_ _ _/

It’s been over a week since Amber confessed that she was in love with Kris. Nothing has happened since. The time they spent away from each other have been awkwardly quiet between them. Amber went back to her usual routine and Kris went back to his work to become a son worthy of praise from his parents. Life quickly got them busy. Another two weeks has pass since the last saw each other.
Amber is hanging out with Henry playing basketball. Afterword they went to eat out, Amber told him after they finished their meal. Henry’s expressions changed from happy to serious for a moment before he gives a happy smile to the news. He already knows his chances with Amber have already dried up.
“Wow, congratulation!” Henry said with a bright smile. Amber’s shy smile makes him cringe on the inside. Henry left doing his best not to show his disappointment. When he reaches the door on his way out Amber got a call and from Amber’s reaction he knew who it exactly was calling her at that moment. Fate was torturing him in the cruelest ways.

“Amber.” Kris said. “How have you been?”
“It took you long enough to contact me.” Amber said angrily.
“I got a job and I’m working hard.” Kris said. “I’m not that punk you used to know.”
“I saw.” Amber said shyly. “I was with Taemin that day. My coworker. We deliver pizza.”
“What do you think?”
“About?”
“My job.”
“It’s fine. I need to find a better job. Maybe a song writer.”
“You got the Key to hook you up.”
“Ah, Key. My sister will be joining the idol force and I’ll have her as a connection as well.
“Do you want to meet up.” Kris said. “Let’s have dinner.”
“Are we going somewhere fancy?”
“Do you want to? Only if you want to.”
“Nah, I rather eat where I can eat comfortably wearing the clothes I want to wear.” Amber said. “Don’t wear anything too fancy. I don’t want to stand out in the crowd.”
Kris laughs at her response finding it cute. “I won’t.”
“Where and when?”
“Seven at night. I’ll come get you at your place.”

Amber came home with an unusually happy expression. Sulli saw her and knew right away that something’s up.
“Amber unni.” Sulli said as she nudges her with her shoulder. “Do you have any news?”
“Nothing much, it’s just that Kris and I are going on a date later tonight.”
“Thanks to your love expert.” Sulli said.
Amber smiles shyly thinking about Kris.
“So, what outfit will you choose for your date?”
“Regular style.” Amber said without hesitation.
“Come on, if you dress more feminine I’m sure he’ll be happy.” Sulli said.
“Maybe so, but in the end I’ll be the uncomfortable one.” Amber said. “I like to dress this way. I won’t allow you to change it if it affects how comfortable I’ll be in my clothes.”
“Don’t worry, this feminine is tomboy style. Baggy, comfortable, and a no makeup beauty like your self can rest assure. This style will bring out the girl in you for all to see at a glance that you are a girl.”
“I don’t dress like a boy it’s just a style.”
Sulli looks at Amber dumbfounded. “Really, right now you look like a boy. Yeah, I heard you say it all my life, it’s a style. You still look like a boy to me.”

Amber is wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a loose white top with a black tang top underneath. Hair is curl to add a cute finish. Despite looking cuter Amber’s boyish charm still shine through. Sulli took one more look at Amber and gave a heavy sigh.
“What?” Amber said curiously.
“Nothing.” Sulli said not wanting to admit that no matter what, Amber fits her boyish style better than the girly style. Knowing that Amber needs an attitude change for the girly clothes to work, Sulli can’t help but sigh. With Kris to fall for Amber despite her boyish out take on life, Sulli can find relief that Amber found love.

The clock turn seven and Amber waited impatiently for Kris to arrive. As soon as she heard footsteps stop in front of their door she open it. It was Kris in casual clothes as she remembers when they first met. Amber blush shyly.
It took Kris a moment to realize that was Amber in front of him. “You look cute.” Kris said as he tries to avoid eye contact. “I thought you wanted to dress comfortably.”
“I am.” Amber said. “Should I get change?”
“No it’s fine.” His face was flush red.
“We should get going before my family come harass us.” Amber said pushing Kris towards the elevator.
“I don’t mind meeting your mom and dad.”
“We’ll talk about my family when we are eating. I’m starving.”
They left for the bus.
“I thought you were rich.” Amber said.
“Should I call a car too come pick us up.” Kris said.
Amber looks at Kris to observe his expression and said, “I was just wondering how you are going to treat me compare to other girls.”
“Don’t talk about other girls.” Kris said. “They are the princess type that wants everything handed to them on a golden platter.”
“Oh, so what type am I?”
“Boy.” Kris quietly whispers.
“I can’t hear you.”
“Boy!” Kris yelled. Everyone on the bus look in their direction telling them to hush. Kris’s face turns bright red. “Look at what you made me say.”
“I don’t think I appreciate being called a boy.” Amber said playfully with a pout on her face.
Kris thought she was serious and stammer, “I, uh, I didn’t mean it like that.” Amber lean forward with her hands covering her face and Kris said worriedly, “Are you okay?” Amber’s shoulder started shaking. “Amber.”
Amber was leaning forward to hide her laughter. She smiles and fisted Kris in the shoulder. “I’m fine. I know how I look. It’s too late for you to regret this.”
“I won’t regret it.”
“That’s what the first guy said.” Amber said playfully.
“There was a first guy.” Kris said feeling surprise.
Amber look at him like he’s crazy. “How old do you think I am? Of course that was during my girly stage.” Hearing that Kris looks even  more shock. “I was a beauty back in high school.” Looking at Kris for his reaction Amber said, “Don’t give me that expression.”
Kris hears the stop he wanted to get off at and interrupted Amber. “Good timing.” He mutters.
“What was that?”
“This is our stop.” Kris couldn’t wipe the guilt off his face. He grabs Amber’s hand tightly and lead her off the bus.

They continue their playful conversation in the restaurant and ate food with a smile. Amber joke to Kris about going on a date where she is in her normal clothes and making people feel uncomfortable thinking that they were a gay couple. Just thinking about it makes Kris feels uncomfortable. Not that he’ll notice once their date begins.