Chapter 4: Heart Beat

Beautiful Stranger

From the Author: Getting subscribers makes me excited. This is my first story on asianfanfics.com and I didn't know if people would enjoy my story. Getting feed back is also a good thing. It let me know that you are enjoying the story or if something is bothering you about the story. If you are wondering if Krisber really is in the story, it is along with keyber and henber. I ship Amber with everyone. I'm talking my time with the story. Love grows.

_ _ _

In the basket ball court throwing some hoops is Amber. Each toss she throws misses. The more she misses the angrier she gets. The sudden touch on her shoulders makes her jump.

“What’s wrong?” Henry said. He’s a long time friend of Amber. They grew up as childhood friends. “I haven’t seen you for a couple of months and you’ve changed so much.”

“Henry. Hi. Long time no see bro.” Amber said lifting a hand to shake with Henry.

“So?”

“I’m getting a headache that’s all.”

“I knew it.” Henry said as he confirms his thoughts. “You are in love. I haven’t seen you for a few months and you grew more beautiful.”

Surprise Amber repeats. “Are you calling me beautiful?”

“Yeah, you are beautiful for a guy.” He jokingly said as he laughs away.

Amber smiles then laugh with Henry. “I wonder if any guy will see me as an actual girl.”

“If they love you, then you would know.”

“I hope so.”

To change the mood Henry said. “Come on, let’s play some hoops.”

They play one on one, best out of twelve shot. The ball moves in and out of their hands like experts. You can tell they are quite skill in handling the ball with ease. This time instead of missing her shot, Amber finally made a shot after Henry have taken four. Busying themselves to playing basket ball made them unaware of someone walking up to them.

Still in the middle of playing an intense game, Amber was interrupted as a stranger grabs onto her arm pulling her backward drawing all of her attention. This stranger has a messy unkempt hair and breath that is heavy with the stench of alcohol. The game came to a sudden stop. Henry decides to pat the stranger’s back to scare him away. Instead of being scare away the stranger fell onto Amber.

From one look at the stranger face Amber feels that she knew him. “Kris.” She moves the hair that covers his face to confirm her suspicion. That drunk was Kris.

To Henry’s surprise he said. “You know this drunk.”

“Apparently so, but he and I don’t have a good history together.”

“Do you want to leave him somewhere?”

“No, that wouldn’t be good.”

“Then, let’s bring him to my place, he look like he won’t be waking up for a while.” Henry said.

“If you’re okay with that.”

At Henry’s two bedroom condo, Henry brought Kris to sleep in his guest room. As Henry and Amber sat alone in his living room, he asks Amber, “What’s the relationship between you and him?”

“He more of a stalker than an acquaintance,” Amber said.

“What in the world happened?”

“He fell for my sister but we broke his heart.”

“Is that when you fell for him?”

“What? No!” Amber quickly answers. Her face began turning red. “This doesn’t mean anything. Your question just surprised me.”

For the first time, Henry saw a side to Amber he never seen before. She looks like a girl today. Henry laughs at his thought.

“It’s not funny.”

“Did you know that you look different today? When you get shy, your face never get as red as you are now.”

“Well, the times limit is a year.” Amber mumbles loudly.

“What is it?”

“It’s nothing to worry about. Besides, between me and Kris we have nothing.” Looking in the direction of Kris Amber said, “When do you think he will wake up?”

“You wanted to talk to him?”

“Yeah. I want to know how serious he is about Sulli.”

“Do you think he’s serious?”

“Maybe.”

“Well.” Henry said. “Let’s leave a note while we head out for a while.”

 Amber left a note on the door of the room Kris is sleeping in. After waiting for an hour and Kris didn’t show up, they left to play some games at a computer café nearby.

Both Henry and Amber left the building.  

 

Just thirty minutes after Henry and Amber had left, Kris woke up. Waking up in a foreign bedroom, Kris didn’t realize anything strange until a few minutes later after he was walking around in the apartment. It took him a few seconds before realizing that this isn’t his home. Then he remembers a yellow sticky note stuck on the room he walked out of.

On the note it reads, “Hi Kris, this is Amber. You are currently at my friend Henry’s place. There are some medicines at the kitchen, take it with water. Meet us at the local pizza shop across the building. We need to talk.” From the hand writing Kris found it strange that Amber’s handwriting carries a flare of feminine quality to it despite the male tone of her sentences.

Reading the name Amber made Kris furious and sad at the same time. His mind is still groggy from the alcohol and the lack of sleeps only added fuel to the flames. It reminded him of how he has to part with Sulli. He could still hear it ringing in his ear. “We don’t want to hear it.” The thought of it made Kris cringe. Kris quickly crumples the note and look for the medicine that was promised to him and he obediently left to look for the pizza shop.

Just outside the building are more buildings with many restaurants around. Clearly, Kris didn’t pay attention to where the note had indicated the location of the pizza shop. He wanders around for an hour and a half before he finds his way back to the Henry’s condo building. To his bad luck, the pizza shop was just across the street.

Standing in front of the pizza shop Kris ponders about his actions. What am I expecting from this talk with Amber? Is she willing to give me a chance or is she just out there to crush my expectations.

 

Two hours later they went to check the pizza shop and found Kris ordering pizza with his hair brushed back. Now he looks more presentable and looking less like a drunk.

“Hey.” Amber said with a friendly wave while approaching cautiously. Still feeling guilty of how she treated Kris. Stomping on Kris’s heart without giving him any chance, though her actions is to protect Sulli from Kris. She treated Kris like dirt and it is something Amber regrets.

Annoyed Kris answers in a harsh tone, “What do you want?”

“So this is your friend.” Henry interrupted.

“Quiet.” Amber said nudging Henry. “Can I have some time alone with Kris.” Henry gave a nod and left. “Thanks for understanding.” With Henry’s back still facing Amber, he lifts an arm to signal he understood as he walks disappearing in the distance.

“I thought we won’t meet again.” Kris said.

“Yeah, I did too.” Amber said. “But you came to me drunk and fell on me.”

Kris grew silent with his poker face. He looks downward to avoid eye contact with Amber. He responds in a soft dejected voice, “Sorry. I-”

“No, that’s not what I want to talk about.” Amber interrupted Kris. “I want to know how serious you are about my Sulli.”

Suddenly Kris’s expression brightens up expecting good news. “What are you trying to tell me?”

“I shouldn’t have treated you like I did yesterday.”

Kris quickly responded like his words will finally give him his love. “I’m serious about her. About Sulli.”

“Oh.” Amber became surprise by his reaction, but it shows Kris is serious. “Being serious isn’t enough.”

“What else do I need?”

“Fix your attitude. It is too violent.”

“I can protect her.”

“You can’t if you are always seeking a fight. What would happen if you are too caught up in a fight to protect my little Sulli?”

“I-“

“Exactly, you won’t be able to protect her.”

“So I can date her?” Kris grew a smile stretching from ear to ear. He was so happy that he got up to hug Amber. “Thank you noona.”

“Don’t call me noona when I’m younger than you alright. Now, let go.” Amber said patting Kris’s back to let her go. Feeling fluster she turns away not knowing that her emotions she is experiencing. “I can’t guarantee it and I won’t help you. If you can capture her heart and love her unconditionally then she is all yours.”

 

The pizza came and Amber calls Henry over to eat. Henry rubs his hands eagerly as he chooses a slice of pizza. Kris got annoyed that they are eating the pizza he bought instead of buying their own. Amber introduce Henry and Kris to each other, they shook hands.

“Come on, get your own food.” Kris yells with a cranky expression on his face.

“I’m your noona, show your respect.” Amber yells back.

“I’m your hyung, which means this is all mine.” Henry joins in.

“Wait, wait.” Kris stares at Amber. “I thought I was older than you.”

“Oppa! He’s scaring me.” Amber said as she playfully clings onto Henry’s arm.

“You always call me hyung, why are you calling me oppa now?” Henry replies knowing that Amber is joking.

“I’m hungry from waiting for Kris.” Amber said.

Kris gave up and they order two more pizzas. They stayed at the pizza shop for three hours talking and eating. Somehow Amber couldn’t shake off a growing a feeling of uneasiness and disappointment in her heart.  By the time they got out, night has already cast its shadows across the city.

_ _ _

From the Author: There's another story I'm working on. One that is seperate from this one, in two weeks it will be reveal. Hint, it is a kryber story. I won't be writing any ty stories.