Chapter 15: The Truth

Beautiful Stranger

For a whole week Amber haven’t heard anything about Kris or Henry and is enjoying the change of pace from when they were hounding her down to choose one of them as her boyfriend. Work feels peaceful without her coworkers crowding her to ask about the whereabouts of that handsome oppa Kris. The way he was hanging around the restaurant like a man drunk on love drew a lot of attentions. What Amber didn’t expect was to deliver some pizzas to the business district to one of the high rise building. Since they order a lot of pizza a coworker of Amber went with her coworker Taemin to help with the delivery.

Playing it cool as Amber enters a high rise building for the first time, trying to hide how everything about the building fascinated her. Taemin acts along with Amber despite wanting to stare at everything they walk pass. They arrive at the front desk and were directed to the 30th floor meeting room. Amber and Taemin stares at each other excitedly as they ride the elevator to the 30th floor.

“I’ve never been inside the business building before.” Taemin said excitedly.

“Yeah, it feels exciting.” Amber said.

“Don’t you think that ordering pizza is out of place here?” He gives Amber huge smiles.

“Yeah, but it gave us a good opportunity to come here so don’t jinx it.” Amber complains with a frown on her face.

From the corner of Amber’s eyes she saw someone familiar. She turns to see who it was walking pass her into the elevator. Just before the elevator door had completely closes she saw Kris looking up at her as she saw him.

“What’s wrong Amber?” Taemin said when he realizes Amber was staring at the elevator. “Was that someone you know?”

“Don’t worry about it. Let’s just get back to work.” Amber said rushing Taemin out of the scene.

“You know someone who works here?” Taemin curiosity was trigger.

“Apparently I do but that’s not the important part. We got work to do.” Amber said.

They finish delivering their pizzas boxes without a hitch.

Taemin continues to pester Amber on their way down on the elevator. “Don’t tell me he’s your boyfriend?”

“He’s not.” Amber said.

 “Listen to your noona.” Amber said while holding Taemin in a headlock.

“Alright. Alright.” Taemin said. “I give up. I won’t ask about it anymore.”

When they reach the first floor Kris was there waiting for them. He found Amber and Taemin wrestling while arguing. The sudden sight of Kris gave Amber a shock and she quickly closes elevator the door. She repeatedly presses the button to close. It was too late, Kris was stopped the door before it closes. With that angry look on Kris’s face Amber didn’t know what to expect from him. She was afraid what to expect from him.

Unexpectedly Kris pulls Amber out and hugged her tightly. He whispers into her ear, “Why do you always make me worry?” He stares at Taemin as if he was going to steal Amber away from him.

“I got work to do Kris. Don’t interfere with my work because of personal reason. I need my job.” Amber said pushing Kris away. “Come on Taemin, we still have works to do.”

With those words from Amber, it stops Kris right in his tracks. He wanted to talk to her to clear things up but Amber is right. At the moment they are still in the middle of work but when can he find the time to talk to Amber.

As Amber walks away her face became flush red. By the time she got back to work she was able to relax and cool down her heart. Taemin was curious but decided to just let everything go. None of it was any of his business.

 

Dressed in casual clothes Kris waited for Amber’s shift to end to talk to her. He was falling asleep as Amber Shift finally ends. She steps outside the door and to her right she saw Kris sitting by the front window. Amber kneels down and just stares at Kris sleeping face. She could help but want to touch his face. Reaching for his face Kris suddenly grabs her wrist surprising her. Amber quickly retracts her hand but Kris held on and places her hand on his cold cheek. Seeing his sleepy eyes Amber gave in to see what Kris wanted.

“How long were you waiting?” Amber said angrily. “Why are you waiting for me?”

“It’s not Henry is it?” Kris said in his sleepy voice, Amber almost couldn’t hear him.

“What about Henry?”

“I’m sorry Amber. The one I first fell for was Sulli…”

Amber starts walking away as she pulls Kris’s hand off of her wrist. “I…”

Before Amber was able to say anything Kris interrupts her saying, “But the only thing I kept thinking about is you. I didn’t want to admit it because you’re not my type.”

Hearing that made Amber feel conflicted and said, “I heard enough. The time to play games is over.”

Kris finally woke up and realizes what he just said to Amber in his half asleep state. “Amber wait!”

“Are you awake now?” Amber said angrily.

“What I just said is all true and what I came to realize is that I…” Kris struggles to bring out those words out of his mouth. “I can’t let you go out of my site.”

“Is that all?” Amber was disappointed.

“I love you Amber.” Kris finally said. “…and it was because you are out of the norm of what I find beautiful, slowly I found everything about you beautiful.”

“There was nothing between me and Sulli. It was your presence that changed me. Don’t leave me without first properly rejecting me. I know I am no where present in your heart.” The awkward pause made Kris come to a conclusion. “Sorry to have wasted your time.” He turns his back towards Amber and started walking away.

Amber didn’t know how to react but she doesn’t want to have Kris misunderstand her action. “Wait!” Amber said as she clings onto Kris’s shirt surprising him. “I’m no good with confessing to someone else. It makes me so nervous my bones would start shaking.”

Kris turn want to see the expression on Amber’s face but instead Amber hug him. “Amber?” Feeling Amber’s warm embrace made Kris so happy he became speechless.

“I’ll only say this once so listen up.” Amber said hesitantly.

“I’m listening.” Kris listens eagerly.

“The moment I first saw you was the moment I fell for you.” After saying that Amber quickly push Kris and ran home while her heart kept racing.

The expression on Amber’s face left Kris spellbound. He slowly walks away with a smile that won’t fade. No matter what he tries he is overwhelm with happiness.

 

From the Author: Hello everyone. It's been awhile. There is approximately five more chapters before this story ends.