Chapter 5: Amber Dress Up

Beautiful Stranger

The next day after that talking to Kris about allowing him to date Sulli, it took Amber a whole day before she gathers enough courage to tell Sulli.

“Sulli.” Amber said awkwardly as she plays with her dinner plate.

“Yeah, what is it unni?” Sulli said. “Are you okay? You’re not sick are you?”

“Do you remember Kris?”

“I don’t want to talk about him. Is he causing unni trouble again?”

“No.” Amber said then pauses before she talks again. “I gave Kris permission to go out on a date with you.”

“Why?” Sulli said sadly. “After what he did, he’s just a trouble maker.”

“He’s serious about you. Plus you need experience with dating men.”

“Not with him!”

“I’m not saying you have to. I’m saying that he will approach you to charm you into dating him. If you don’t feel like he’s someone you will fall for, then it’s okay to reject him.”

“I’ll do my best to avoid him.”

Amber smile to mocks Sulli as she said, “If he’s serious, it will be hard to avoid him.”

“I don’t want that.” Sulli said with a pouty face.

 

It has been a few weeks since Amber talked to Kris about allowing him go out with Sulli. All Amber hears from Sulli is the increasing conversation of Kris trying to woo Sulli but fail miserably. Hearing about Kris failures brings nothing but laughs to Amber. Each conversation would usually end with Amber laughing until tears roll down her eyes.

A sudden thought came to Sulli and she said playfully, “Since when are you so interested in dating?”

“Since a delinquent tries to woo you into dating him.” Amber reply.

“Are you saying that you like him?”

“I’m enjoying your growing fondness of talking about Kris.”

“It’s your fault in the first place. I finally got him to stop visiting me at school. All he’s doing is bringing me a head ach.”

“At least you are learning to handles guys. I only know how to make friends with them.”

“Are you jealous of me unni?”

“Do you want me to be?” Amber said as she moves closer to Sulli. “Of course I’ll be jealous if someone takes my baby sister away from me.” She said as she gives Sulli a big hug.

“You know what.”

“Yeah.”

“I might miss messing with him chasing me around.”

“Don’t tell me.” Amber said shock. The expression she wears shows a mix feeling of sadness and shock.

“No unni. I’m not the kind of person that will use another’s weakness against them. I promise I won’t be that cruel.”

“I was going to regret allowing him near you if it turns you into those cruel heartless women who use men’s blind love as a way to get their ways.”

“Since I’m starting to get use to having Kris around, you know, it is beginning to feel like a daily habit. Likes it is something that is becoming part of my daily routine.”

“Ah, I know what you mean.”

 

The uneasiness in Amber’s heart hasn’t faded and it is making Amber want to dress more girly for the first time in seven years. For the past week, Amber has grown a craving for female fashion. Then finally after a few days of pondering about her renew urge in female fashion, she decide to give it a go. Her hair is slick back as her bang is hanging across her forehead with no makeup on her face. Amber is still not use to wearing makeup. For her clothes, she wears a loose fitting gray color sweater with a black tang top underneath, dark navy blue skinny jean, and black boot. Instead of a purse Amber have a multicolored backpack.

Amber looks stunning as a young woman. Though her style is still a tomboy, today she has a more feminine touch to her look. Her beauty carries a different charm from Sulli who is naturally cute and beautiful. In Amber case, she is beautiful because of her modest altitude towards beauty.

“Where are you going so early in the morning unni?” Sulli said as she was about to leave for school. “Are you dressing up for a date?”

“Hm.” Amber said as she finishing putting on her boots. “Oh this? I just want a change in scenery.”

“Right.” Sulli said. “Good luck on your date.”

“But I.” Amber said but Sulli has already left before she could say anything. I want to see if I still look like a girl. Even though I like to dress boyish I don’t want to become a boy. My attitude isn’t making me appear any more girly than my appearance. Standing there in silence as she thinks about what to do next, her phone started ringing. “Hello, this is Amber.” To her surprise it was Key. “Right now? Sure, I’m not doing anything today. Oh, Okay. I’m coming.” Amber pauses for a moment. “You don’t have any paparazzi lurking around do you?” Waiting for Key to respond then she reply, “Okay, that’s good to hear.”

Just as Amber grabs her bag to head out she realize she is dress different from usual. Another thing to add to her anxiety is the fact that she locked her keys inside the house. Amber gave up on the fact that she lost her keys and she hopes Key doesn’t misunderstand her.

 

At a small coffee shop Key sat there waiting for Amber in his casual clothes with a hat and a pair of large shade to hide his face. Fifteen minutes after calling Amber she arrive to the coffee shop. At first Key didn’t recognized Amber but he couldn’t shake off the feeling that it was Amber dressing less like a guy and more like a girl. The girl is in the middle of taking her orders and is looking around for someone.

“Amber,” Key calls hesitantly. The girl looks in his direction but he still can’t confirm it was Amber just yet. “Amber! Over here.” Key waves to signal where he is. His hunch is confirmed. That girl is Amber. Why is she dressed like that? Is it for me? Does she like me? Key pauses for a moment to revaluate his thoughts. What am I thinking? We already hang out a few times already. That can’t be right.

“Hey, did you wait for me long.” Amber said as she sat down.

I never knew how slender Amber is or how beautiful her face looks up close. Key couldn’t keep his eyes off of Amber. “Oh. Uh. No, I didn’t wait long.” The waiter brought up a cup of coffee and a cup of sweet ice tea for Amber. “You’re dressed different than usual. Are you going on a date?”

Amber was taking a sip of tea when Key asks her. She was so surprise she started choking on her tea. “No.” She firmly said. “Is this a date?”

“You don’t have to over react like that.”

“That’s good to know. I would feel awkward to meet a friend and made him think I’m falling for him when I’m just being myself.”

“Oh, I see.” Those words of Amber stings Key’s heart and he don’t know why. “What’s the occasion?”

“Occasion?” Amber pauses for a moment. “Nothing in particular. I just want a change in pace. You know, change my image a bit.”

“So there’s no big change in your life?”

“There is something, a weird guy entering my sister and my life.” Amber said. When Amber realizes Keys expression of thinking it was him. “No not you. A guy my sister and I had met before you.”

“It’s good to know that you don’t see me as a strange person, but what kind of trouble is this guy causing to you guys.”

“Don’t worry. He won’t harm us. Plus, I wouldn’t want to trouble you.”

“Amber, it’s no trouble at all.”

“Hey, can I ask you for some advice?”

“For getting a guy?”

“No, it’s for my younger sister Sulli. She really wants to become an idol. She has been auditioning to become an idol.”

“Better be careful. There are fraud companies that use that opportunity prey on young girls.”

“Don’t worry. Sulli isn’t stupid enough to fall for that.” Amber said confidently.

“It is still better to be safe than sorry. Not spotting the warning signs of danger will only leave you with regrets.”

A smile appears on Amber’s face. “I’m confidant she can handle herself.” Looking into the eyes of Key she confidently said. “My mom raises us to be strong women. To doubt my younger sister is like doubting my mother.”

That smile Amber have, Key found it irresistible. For the first time in years, Key fell for a girl and a very unique girl at that. Amber is confidant to follow the beat of her own belief instead of following what everyone believes. “You are unique, did you know that.”

“Yeah I know, that’s why I can’t get a boyfriend.”

“Is that why you have a change of image today, to influence guys to fall for you?”

“Is it obvious?” Amber said with a surprise expression on her face.

“No, I say it is very subtle. Only the guys that know you would notice the changes. I think I saw one falling for you already.”

“Really?” Amber said as she looks around her surroundings. “Who is it?”

Key was disappointed in Amber’s response but he did his best to hide his feelings. “Hey Amber, how about I do you a favor.”

“What kind of favor.”

“I can help your sister become an idol.”

“Don’t tell me. You fell for her.” Amber said happily. “I’m alright if you date Sulli, but you got competition. There’s already someone after Sulli’s heart.”

“Maybe?” Key hesitantly said. If I say it now, will it scare her off? It already feels like Amber doesn’t see me beyond a friend. If she sees me with someone else, will she get jealous and fall for me then?

“Alright. It’s a date.” Amber said happily.

“With your sister Sulli?”

“Yeah, who else am I talking about?”

Before Key could say anything else, Amber was already picturing Key with Sulli. From Amber’s reaction Key knew he wasn’t in her heart but he doesn’t know what action to take to make Amber look his way.

_ _ _

From the Author: Does any one know how often I can post up new stories? I got three other fanfic stories I'm working on. All of them shiping Amber. d(n.n)b