Chapter 3: Cake Shop

Beautiful Stranger

From the Author: I can't wait for f(x) comeback early next year and that mv featuring Amber. Today I just watch f(x) live performance of "1,2,3" on mcountdown on youtube. Hopefully they get good songs and good outfits for their next comeback. As for today's update on my fiction story. Well, I couldn't hold back the excitment.

_ _ _

There’s a shop located at the second building from the corner. Amber and Sulli often visit there from time to time. In the building is a shop full of pastries. The owner is a young man six years older than Amber. His opened up shop just a few years ago. His name is Donghae, he is also a close friend of Amber.

“So what will you have?” Donghae said.

“The sponge cake and some fried bread. The one coated with sugar.” Amber said pointing to the pastry that captures her attention.

“You seem overly happy. Did something happen?”

“How so? I don’t feel like anything different had happen?” Amber said as she munches down some bread. “Waving good bye as she bows good bye.”

 

Kris was still searching for Sulli, the nameless girl whose name he have yet to discover. He pictures a long wavy hair girl with bangs covering her forehead. She’s cute with a pure beauty that is different from many of the girls he has been out with. Though there’s a large age differences, Kris couldn’t see the as a deterrent. His heart is set on her and he must find her at all cost.

After browsing numerous numbers of shops Kris think he will find his cute girl at, he ended up at a pastry shop. Here, I might find that cute girl. There Kris stood in front of a pastry shop, the second building from the corner. He didn’t notice someone opening the door as he was walking in.

 

“Ah.” Amber said as she bumps into someone. Her sugar bread now smudged onto her face with sugar frosting. “I’m sorry.” Amber quickly bows before she realizes something familiar about the person standing in front of her. Even though she is just staring at his shoes, she recognized it from somewhere. As Amber slowly lifts her head, her eyes widen when she saw who it was before she was force back into the store.

Worried Donghae calls out. “Amber, are you alright?”

 

Anger splatter on Kris’s face as he finds his shirt dirty by a scrawny guy. He grabs the guy and forcefully moves him into the shop against the table just after the scrawny guy had apologized. Kris didn’t care what the scrawny guy said, he just want to beat that scrawny punk to a pulp. “Who do you think you are? Walking like you own the place.”

Kris and Amber found themselves face to face again. Amber quickly brushes off Kris’s grip of her as she uses Kris shirt to clean her face. She puts her sponge cake that survives the crash down on the table behind her. Looking up at Kris, Amber said, “Thanks for the napkin.”

It was clear that Kris only saw who it was after he had pushed Amber back into the store. Donghae came to intervene only to find Amber gesturing that she’s fine.

Kris dazed in confusion, he pointed at Amber. “You’re that man thing.” Then he realizes his shirt is dirtied just now by Amber. “You owe me a new shirt. I can’t walk out like this.”

Just before Amber could say anything else her cell phone rang. “Wait. I need to pick this up.”

It was Sulli who just called.  “Unni, are you at the pastry shop.”

“Yeah, where are you?”

“I’m at the shop already.”

Before Amber could say anything else, Sulli enters through the door. The expression on Amber’s face signal to Kris to look behind him and when he did, to his surprise Sulli have finally appear in front of him.

The moment Sulli saw Kris anger grew on her face. “Get away from my unni.” Sulli ran and hugs Amber.

The expression Sulli have on her face towards Kris made his heart sank. “I just want to know your name.”

“My name is Sulli. Now leave us alone. I don’t want my unni to get involve with a delinquent like you. I don’t want to lose my unni.” Tears fell from Sulli’s face.

“Don’t worry. I won’t be influence by this guy.” Amber said to comfort Sulli as she pat her head. “Sit down and don’t worry.”

Kris struggles to say what’s in his heart. “I love you Sulli.”

Amber quickly covers Sulli’s ears. “That is something we don’t want to hear.”

Sulli’s reaction shows Kris that what Amber said is true as she held onto Amber’s hands covering Sulli’s ears. Kris didn’t want to accept it the first time around when Sulli and Amber left him screaming for them at the police station. The expression on the poker face Kris turned sour, showing a face that Sulli and Amber didn’t expect Kris to be able to express.

“Leave.” Donghae said as he leads Kris out the door. When he came back into the shop, he sat at the table with Amber and Sulli. “Do you want me to walk you two home?”

Amber pat Donghae on the shoulder. “Thanks bro, but we’ll be fine. I don’t want to trouble you.”

“I’m sorry...” Sulli said while she wipes the tears off her face. “…for troubling you and your store.”

“It’s alright.” Donghae said as he pats Sulli on the head. “Have a safe trip home.”

On their walk home, Amber couldn’t get rid of Kris expression as his heart was broken before her eyes. Could he be sincere about his feelings for Sulli?

 

Kris walks down the sidewalk with a screeching sound of a car passing by him. He almost got into a car accident if he didn’t fall backward. For the first time in seven years he fell in love with a girl at first sight. In the first food stall he finds, he sat down and order alcohol until he could drink no more. “I hate that man thing they call a girl.” His mind couldn’t get rid of Amber’s face. “Why did I have to face her to get to the cute one? What did I do wrong besides beating up a guy in front of them?”

_ _ _

From the Author: To tell you the truth, I'm working on multiple chapters at the same time. I don't want them to fall in love too quickly. I want them to grow into love but I don't want to drag it out too long either. Planning ahead allows me to shape the story better.