Chapter 13: Love of Two

Beautiful Stranger

It has been over two weeks since Key’s comeback stage. Things between Sulli and Key are still a little bit awkward. With good news in the air Amber heads to Donhae’s pastry shop to grab a cake Sulli have specifically order and personalize for Key.

With a happy smile on her face Amber said as she rings the bell at the counter, “Donghae, I’m here for the pick up!” She is at Donghae’s pastry shop picking up a pre-order cake.

Donghae brought up the cake to show Amber before saying, “Is it to your liking?”

“I don’t know but it looks great.”

“Ah, that’s right. Sulli came and choose the decoration. Is she and Key on good terms now?”

“They get along, just sorting their feelings out.”

“Why didn’t she come pick the cake?”

“She can’t go to the party with me since Key’s fans are there watching.”

“Are you well known among the fans?”

“No, but after his party with his fan for winning the Triple Crown win, there is a private party with his friends.”

“Are you saying his fans will be watching?”

“It is a scary thought but yes, they’ll be watching Key’s every step. I’m happy none of them knows about who Key is dating right now.”

“Fans must be scary to make even idols watch out for their peering eyes.”

“Thanks again for the cake. I got to go now or I won’t be there in time.” Amber bows happily as she walks out the shop with a freshly made cake.

 

For the party, Amber have her hair brushed to the side, covering her left ear and exposing her ear piercing on her right ear. She wears a pair of dark skinny jean, a sky blue collar shirt, and a loosely fitted button down navy blue sweater. Everyone at the party is told to dress semiformal. Amber enters a crowded room of Key’s friends and close acquaintances. At first glance they wouldn’t think Amber is a girl by the way she walk and talk.

She finds herself feeling awkward when the only person she knows is Key. People greeted Amber thinking she must be a music producer to be able to befriend Key and they ask Amber what kind of music she does. Amber replies she doesn’t do music which shocks the few people who talks to her and some just walk off in the opposite direction. From a distance Amber could see Key happily talking to the people surrounding him. For the first time Amber saw a new side to Key and wonder what Sulli will think when she sees it.

When Key saw Amber he waves at her and signals for her to come over. Amber weaves through the crowd to get to Key. Reaching him Key introduced her to his friends.

“Where to I put your gift?” Amber asks.

“Thank you.” Key said happily as he accepts the gift. “You didn’t have to give me a gift.”

“It was my sister’s idea.”

For a moment Key shows a slight disappointment on his expression before he smiles happily that Sulli personally choose this cake for him. “Tell her thank you.” Key lifts up the small box and asking, “What is it?”

“Cake. She was the one who came up with the idea of giving you a cake as a present. She was so happy knowing it was being delivered to you personally but is disappointed that she couldn’t give it to you herself.”

Key smiles brightly and at the cake on the spot. “Delicious.” The taste is exactly what he wants in a cake, not too sweet and not dry. The thought that Sulli had thought so much about him made him smile. “She picked this herself. I’m happy to know that she was able to figure out what kind of cake I like.”

Amber smiles and said, “She’ll be happy to hear that.”

“Who’s happy to hear what?” Said a voice from behind Key and Amber, he hooks one arm around Amber and the other around Key.

“Henry?” Amber said as she heard the voice of the guy hooking his arms around Key and her. When Amber saw the guy’s face it really is Henry.

“What are you doing here?” Henry said.

In a surprise expression Key said, “You two know each other.”

“Yeah, we’ve known each other for a few years. It’s funny how I never met you until a few month ago.”

“Well,” Key said in a playful manner. “I am a star after all.”

“I didn’t think you would want to know a spoil idol.” Henry said laughing at Key.

“I’m not spoil.” Key pouted.

Another voice from behind them said, “Amber.”

The awkwardness Amber was feeling in the room previously has now entered another level. She finds herself face to face with Henry and Kris who she didn’t know have any connection with Key.

“What are you doing here?” Henry asks Kris.

“I was going to ask you the same thing?” Kris said realizing how close he is with Amber. It was too close for his comfort.

“You three know each other?” Key said feeling confuse. “I didn’t think there was a chance we all know Amber.”

“Isn’t this great, fate has brought us all together.” Amber said happily while not realizing the growing tension between Henry and Kris.

“Amber.” Henry said feeling impatient seeing Kris getting so work up seeing him and Amber with their arm hook around each other. “Who is the guy you are in love with?”

“What?” The sudden question made Amber speechless. “Why do you want to know?”

Kris jump into the conversation feeling eager to hear what Amber has to say. “Who is the guy?”

“I can’t say. This isn’t the place to ask that kind question.” Amber said firmly. “And I won’t say who he is.”

“Is he among the guys that you know?” Both Kris and Henry said harmoniously. They both look at one another and they know they are both aiming for Amber. Kris and Henry looks at each other with glaring eyes.

“I’m sorry Key. I have some other things to attend to. You guys have fun.” Amber said. “I got to go. I have other business to attend to.”

“Wait!” Both Kris and Henry said grabbing onto Amber’s arm. “Stop copying me!” Again their words are in sync and at that moment Amber found the chance to run from them.

Hiding in the crowd Amber could help but feel her heart racing for two guys fighting over her.

“Wait!” Key said but it was too late. Amber is already out the door. He said quietly to himself, “I wanted to ask if Sulli would want to see me again.”

Both Henry and Kris races to the door to chase after Amber. As they got outside she is nowhere in sight. They sigh in disappointment.

 

“You.” Henry said as he pulls Kris buy the jacket to a more private place like the alley. He slam Kris against the wall pulling him close in anger saying, “Who do you think you are to treat Amber like a piece of meat?”

“What do you mean? I was acting on instinct at the moment.” Kris said. “What about you? Did you start developing feelings for Amber and got angry that I was getting closer to her? What do you know about this guy she is falling for?”

Pushing away Kris, Henry said, “I know something but I can’t tell you.”

Kris can tell that Henry knows something. “He’s not you, is he? That’s why you were so tense to see me getting angry seeing her there.”

“So what if the guy in her heart isn’t me at the moment. I’ll make her fall for me soon enough.” Henry said in anger.

“What if she falls for me first?” Kris said feeling confidence.

“You have already broken the heart of her younger sister. What is the chance she won’t doubt your motive?”

“I know the risk but I will fight to keep love alive.”

“We’ll see about that.” Henry left Kris in the alley as he got back to the party.

Kris left to go home to sort a new plan to win Amber’s heart.

 

Amber reach home with her heart still racing as she leans against her bedroom door. “Am I dreaming or are there really two guys fighting over me.” A gentle smile grew on Amber’s face as she blushes to the thought.

Sulli curiously ask, “Amber what happened at the party?”

“I met my love.”

“What did Key say?”

“Hmm. Key? Oh right, he said he really like your cake. He smile when I said you personally pick the cake just for him.” Amber said almost forgetting to tell Sulli the news. “I never dream that two guys would end up fighting for my love.”

“Are you sure they are fighting for you?”

“Actually I don’t know. It’s a gut feeling.”

“What did Key say?”

“Nothing, he witnessed it all and didn’t respond at all.”

“How is that possible?” Sulli said in disbelief. “He’s in love with you. How can you be so cruel.”

“Sulli, he knows exactly how I feel about him. Plus, I didn’t know they all knew each other.”

“What did you do?”

Amber looks away from Sulli feeling embarrass and said, “I ran away.”

“Why didn’t you just settle it? You know, the Amber way.”

“The Amber way? Really, is that what you call it.”

“Yeah, the tough unnie who can fight a crowed of gang members without a scratch.”

“Ahh. I don’t want to hear it.” Amber said covering her ears. “Don’t make me sound like a guy.”

“Sorry, but that’s the special feature about unnie that makes you such an amazing person. You are a female like no other. You are someone I look up to.”

“But I’m a tomboy that dress and acts like a boy.”

“Right now you’re acting like any other girls in love would.”

“Am I?”

“Your heart is racing to the thought that the one you love would love you back. Just thinking about it makes you feel restless. You can’t sleep or eat until you get to meet that person again.”

Amber laughs. “Wow, my little sister is such an expert on love.”

 

After Key’s party he called Sulli’s phone, “Hey, don’t talk just listen. Can we meet by the lake side? The same place before. There’s something I just have to ask you in person. If we can’t meet in person then telling it to you would be no good.” He hung the phone before Sulli could say anything. With a deep breath he said, “I hope she comes.”

 

_ _ _

From the Author: I'm falling behind on my writing. I need my fill of f(x)! When is Happy Camp going to air? I want to see some f(x) action.