Chapter 6: First Date

Beautiful Stranger

Just a week has passed when Amber said to Key that she will set up a date with Sulli for him. Though Key unwillingly agrees, he went along with it to see if he could fish out some information about Amber from Sulli. When Amber approaches Sulli on the idea, she agrees to the idea of dating an idol.  Seeing Sullli smiles made Amber smile to being a good unni. By this time Amber had already forgotten about Kris and his attempt to make Sulli fall for him.

Since Sulli only met Key as a girl, Amber chooses a place for the two of them to meet. At the cake shop own by Amber’s friend Donghae as a starting spot for their date. Amber sat facing the door behind Key as they sat across from each other. Amber beams out with a bright smile while talking to Key not knowing that Key is wearing his fake smile.

“So this is the lucky guy that gets to date Sulli?” Donghae said as he leans over the counter.

Behind Key’s face smile is his disappointment in Amber who went back to her usual boyish outfit. Now she looks no different from any other guy.

“Suush.” Amber said to Donghae as she whispers to him. “Don’t make him nervious.”

“It’s fun to see you so dedicated.” Donghae laughs. “I never thought I see the day the tomboy prince would go around playing match maker.”

 “Amber.” Key said interrupting Donghae and Amber’s conversation. He didn’t enjoy seeing Amber smiling in front of another guy. “When will she get here?”

Before Amber was able to say anything more Donghae said. “Patience boy, you have to have patience. A lady will always take her time to presents herself to the guy she likes.”

“Sorry.” Key apologizes. I hope Amber could do that for me.

The silence grew as they waited for Sulli’s appearance. You can hear the ticking of the hands of the clock, the footsteps of the few people that walks pass just outside the shop, and noise of your own heartbeat. The sudden ringing from Amber’s phone broke the silences.

“Yes.” Amber answers as she stood up. “Okay, I understand. I’ll be there soon.”

“What’s wrong?” Key asks curiously. “Did anything happened?”

“No nothing at all. I’ll be back.” Amber left in a rush.

When Amber is out of sight Donghae said, “She’s one of a kind girl isn’t she?”

“Yes she is.” Key said before realizing what a slip of tongue it was. It was too late to take back his words.

“Which one are you aiming for?”

“For the right one.” Key said confidently.

 

Trouble has erupted and Amber is headed there to calm the fire. Sulli has been researching online about Key and is now scare of what Key’s fan might do to her if they found out she will be going out on a date with their idol. Sulli was sitting on a bench in the park nearby waiting for Amber. When Amber arrives, Sulli was nearly in tears as she shivers in fear.

“Unni.” Sulli said as she jumps into Amber’s arms. “I don’t know if I can do this.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m scared of what the fans might think.”

“Don’t worry about that. The fans won’t find out.”

“Are you sure?”

“If you don’t want this then it’s okay to go home. Do you understand?”

“I want to know the real Key. Not the idol but Key as a person. I will go on with the date.”

“As long as you are okay with it,” Amber said she wipes Sulli’s tears away. “I’ll give us some time before you meet him.”

“Will it be okay?”

“Don’t worry, leave it to unni.” Amber said as she begins to dial Donghae’s number. “Donghae, it’s me Amber. Will you buy us some time? Let’s say half an hour.”

 

Back at the cake shop after ten minutes of not hearing anything from Amber or Sulli the phone started ringing. Donghae pick up the phone. To his surprise it was Amber asking for more time before Sulli will show up. He didn’t ask why and agree to help Amber. “Key, how about we choose a cute cake for Sulli before she shows up?”

“Alright.” Key said feeling unsure of how to respond. “May I ask why?”

“Don’t tell anyone but little Sulli is having an anxiety attack over you. If you say anything, I’ll make sure you disappear from here permanently.” He warns Key.

“Understood. I won’t say anything.”

“Sulli haven’t heard about who you are until Amber told her about you. So you don’t have to worry about her being an avid fan after you only because she’s a fan.”

“Do you mind if I ask what your relationships with the two sisters are?”

“I’m like an older brother to them. I’ve been here for three years, so I only see them as my little sisters.”

“Why don’t Sulli and I design a cake together? I still don’t know much about her.”

“That sounds good.”

 

Walking down the street and once again Amber and Sulli resembles a couple. A tall girl dating a shorter guy from the back view, seeing this only infuriates Kris as he once again tries to woo Sulli. He can recognize Sulli from any angle.

“Sulli.” Kris yells delightedly as he tries catching Sulli’s attentions and scares away the competition. To his surprise he found Amber looking back at him with an angry face.

“Sorry Kris, I forgot about you.” Amber said. “But Sulli is busy.”

Sulli looks away from Kris not wanting to face him. Not paying any attention to Amber’s words Kris continues, “Sulli, what’s wrong?”

“Play attention.” Amber said. “Sulli’s heart belongs to her. Please realize what’s good for the both of you. I’m sorry.”

“What do you mean?”

“You have to leave for today and I’ll tell you on another day.”

Kris reluctantly retreated and Amber leaded Sulli to the cake shop to meet Key. Sulli was surprise how handsome Key is despite him being able to pull off as a beautiful girl. Amber left before Sulli and Key could say anything. To Amber’s surprise Kris was just outside the door.

“You didn’t leave. How come you have so much time?” Amber asks curiously. “Come on.” Leading Kris along to walk away from the cake shop by the wrist, but it was too late he already seen Sulli sitting next to a guy.

“Who’s that?” Kris said with a tone of anger. “Tell me who it is.”

“Her date.” Amber said calmly and unmoved by Kris’s tone of anger.

“You allowed this. I thought she was for me.” Kris is already prepared to jump into the shop to scare off anyone getting too close to Sulli.

Amber stops Kris and said, “She didn’t fall for you did she?”

Kris grew silence. “I still can’t let it go on like this.”

“Let’s watch and see what you can do to improve.”

Surprise by Amber’s answers Kris said, “Are you sure?”

 

They left to the café across the street to observe. It was perfect, there’s a bar area at the window. Kris and Amber sat together at the far end of the corner so that no one can see them spying on Sulli and Key. Amber orders some milk tea while Kris order some sweet tea.

“You must be doing something wrong, am I correct.” Amber said as she kept monitoring Sulli and Key. “For example, you kept stalking her. That’s not love, it is obsession.”

“What’s the differences?”

“Love is forgiving. When you are in love, that’s when what’s important to Sulli is just as important to you. Tell me, what have you’ve been doing beside stalking her and barking to her about your love and obsession to her.”

“Stop. I get it. I know what went wrong now.”

“We need get in disguise.” Amber said happily.

Uninterested in Amber sudden enthusiasm Kris said irritably, “We don’t.”

“Ah, there they go.”Amber said pointing the way.

“You seem awfully excited about this.”

“Aww. Sulli looks so happy.”

“Are you trying to help me or torture me?” There is anger in his tone of voice.

“I’m just so excited. My baby girl is growing up.”

“If I can’t stop them, I rather not watch them.”

“Don’t you want to see what Sulli looks like when she smiles?” Amber said happily.

“I already saw her smile before.” Kris said in an uninterested tone.

“Stalker.” Amber replies in an equally uninterested tone. “So now you move on from observing her to worshiping her like an idol you can never touch. Like she is some goddess from the heavens and you are just a mortal.” Amber’s tone grew angry. “If I knew your love for her only amount to this then it is better you cut your losses here and leave her be.”

“I can’t do that.”

Amber got excited when she saw Sulli and Key on the move for the next part of their date. She got out of her chair but trip on her own leg and Amber ended up landing in Kris’s arm. Their faces were just inches apart, enough to feel each other’s breath.

For a moment Kris didn’t know what to say as he was daze with how close Amber’s was to him. His heart was racing for some reason. Seeing Amber this close he realize how feminine Amber face really is. “Amber.”

 Amber’s heart was no different to Kris, her heart was also racing. Hearing her name being called she snaps out of it and brushes it off like it was nothing. She awkwardly laughs away at the awkwardness. “Ah ha ha. Thanks for the catch.”

They continue following Sulli and Key in a quieter and less talkative manner.

 

Key found himself enjoying his time with Sulli as they talk about Amber’s little flaws. It didn’t take long for Sulli to find out that Key is head over heels for Amber and not her. She wasn’t angry at the fact but uses it to encourage herself to capture Key’s heart and make him look her way.

_ _ _

From the Author: I wonder how long should I make this story. I think it might make it pass twenty chapters.