I don’t hate you… It’s just…

Horizontal 8

I don’t hate you… It’s just…

Walking down the street, Eun Rae and Sungjong begins to get use to each other and they starts to talk to each other about anything but mostly, Sungjong is the one who is doing the talking instead of Eun Rae as she just listen and at times would reply to him.

‘Noona, you should smile more…’ Sungjong said beaming happily at Eun Rae.

‘And you should stop calling me noona, we are just a day apart or I shall call you Jonggie sunbae instead,’ Eun Rae said but Sungjong just sticks his tongue out before running towards Woohyun and Sunggyu. Eun Rae’s smile disappears as she starts walking, following the group in front of her.

‘You should smile often…. It…. Suits you.’

Eun Rae heard someone saying something and turning to her right, she saw L looking at her causing her to stop on her tracks and looking around to see if someone else was talking to her or is she just hearing things.

‘I am talking to you,’ L said rolling his eyes and looking at Eun Rae who just blinks in shocked.

‘You talk… I thought, I thought you hate me?’ Eun Rae mumbled as she looks at his face questioningly trying her best not to flee from the glare that he is giving her.

‘I don’t hate you. I just…. Hmmm, dislike you?’ L said looking at her before shrugging as the two of them walk, following the rest behind.

‘Can, can I know why? I mean, why do you hat- I mean dislike me?’ Eun Rae wondered looking up into the sky. L didn't answer directly but he is hesitant to give an answer, stopping on his tracks, looking at her back as Eun Rae walks in front of him. Realising that L wasn’t with her, Eun Rae stops and sees him standing behind her, as though he is in a daze. She is about to call out to him but Sungyeol voice cause her to turn around and look at the group in front.

‘Let’s go to the park! Let’s go!’ Sungyeol said and jumps excitedly as he pulls Sungjong and Woohyun with him to the park nearby before the rest follows him. L walks towards Eun Rae, giving her an awkward smile before gesturing her to follow them to the park, knowing that Sungyeol would takes his time to have fun at the park.

Walking towards the park, Eun Rae takes a seat at the nearby bench, taking her place beside L who is just looking at the rest walking towards the playground. Well, it is weird to see 6 grown guys playing at the playground in the middle of the night and somehow it enlightens Eun Rae’s mood – happy to see the other side of them individually, even though she is just observing from far. Without her realising, she hopes to feel this warmth and to see more of this side from them soon so that she can get comfortable with them.

‘You haven’t answered my question,’ Eun Rae said while her gaze is fixed at the other guys playing at the playground before turning to L who just shrug and stands up.

‘You will know it when the time comes,’ L whispered before walking to the rest, joining them and leaving Eun Rae sitting at the bench looking at him walking away. Dumbfounded, Eun Rae’s gazes follow L as she starts to think of the different possibilities of him disliking her but sadly, she can’t seem to find any other good reason apart from her being the new member in the group. The more she thinks about it, the more she feels insecure and feels as though she had made a wrong decision. Pushing the thoughts away, she decides to distract herself by saying that she is thinking too much. Shifting her gaze, she just looks at the 7 of them playing around as though they are prisoners who are being release after a life-long imprisonment.

Eun Rae just observes the 7 of them playing like small kids, as though enjoying the moment that they could and from the scene that she is looking at, it somehow reminds her of someone – someone that she had been missing for months. Changing her position, Eun Rae brings her legs up, hugging her knees, keeping herself warm as she continues to observe them. The 7 of them looks happy like small kids causing Eun Rae to smile as she rested her chin on her knees, eyes grew heavy and before she knows it, she is in a deep slumber – feeling too tired to even open lift an eyelid open.