Dinner...

Horizontal 8

Dinner...

Sunggyu's pov;

I lost to the game and even though I am the older one and the leader, I am told to seat at the back but i was not alone as Sungjong also lost. Dragging him into the van, I plop myself beside Eun Rae who seems to be sleeping before Sungjong enters taking the seat beside me pouting with disagreement. I glance to my right and see that Eun Rae seems to be sleeping and i start to feel pity for her who needs to work extra hard as soon as she joins our group – learning all of the dance steps to all of the songs without the vocals only because she insist on learning the dance for all of our songs and not sing to it as it is supposed to be for the 7 of us.

Frankly speaking I totally disagree with the 8th member addition and also her being in the group - I mean, 6 guys are hard to handle and now with a girl it seems more chaotic. Also, Infinite had change to a co-ed group instead of a guy group and fans had start bashing her even before her debut with us officially. I do not know what the CEO is thinking about but I hope that she would pull through given from the looks at how she would fall asleep every time we are on our way home.

As soon as all of the members had entered the van, it starts to move bringing us back to the dorm. Everyone seems to be quiet today which is something strange but ignoring the fact, I plug my earpiece and starts listening to the music when I feel something resting in my shoulder. Turning my head, I see Eun Rae leaning onto my shoulder fast asleep. Shifting in my sit carefully, Eun Rae moves closer to snuggling herself on my shoulder. Exhaustion and pain is obviously written on her face causing me to feel guilty for all the long hours that she has to go through. Sungjong, who is seating on my side, glances to Eun Rae before looking out of the window with his earpiece on.

Your pov;

I feel someone slapping my cheek causing me to shift in my seat and slowly open my sleepy eyes. Sunggyu face was the first that I see before I see the other members staring back at me. Sitting up abruptly, I muffled an apology to the rest before getting off the van following them from the back, practically dragging myself behind them. Upon reaching the apartment, the other members enter the apartment, some entering their own room while others sit on the living room. I walk towards my room and place my bag on the side of my bed and sit at the edge of my bed staring at the walls.

I am beginning to wonder if i had done the correct choice by accepting the offer of being an idol. It is always and is still my dream of becoming an idol but by looking at the current situation, I do not know if I am able to give my best as an idol. I still remember the excitement when I was told that I am one of the finalise for the idol competition and the sadness that I had to fight when I am leaving my family so that I can chase my dreams. My family or should I say my mother was against the idea in the beginning but after much discussion, she finally allow me to chase my dreams. But I never expect to be place together with Infinite or any group that are doing well currently.

I never asked why they place me under Infinite or why they didn’t just put me under a long training period before debuting me as a rookie. I still remember the day when I was introducing to them. They are obviously shock to know that the new member is me and to make matter worst; a girl. The moment when their predator instinct inside them seems to be coming out causing me not being able to talk to them about anything till today. I would distance myself from them at times and the only moment where I would be able to see all of them would be during breakfast. Sighing, I pull my pink bunny and hug it as though gaining support from it.

A knock is heard from the door and before I could even walk to the door, it swings open.

'Sunggyu hyung calls for a meeting.' Sungjong said peeking.

Nodding, I walk down my bed and follow him to the living room where all of the members had gathered. Taking a seat opposite Sunggyu, I feel all eyes are staring at me. Clearing his throat, he looks at the piece of paper that he is holding.

'I have an announcement,' he said looking serious as he eyes the other members who are just staring at him. I was playing with the end of my hoodie sleeves trying my best to listen to him and avoiding the stares from the others.

'We are going to prepare for our next album. But.... It is only for some of us only. I will be doing solo while Dongwoo and Hoya will be doing a single together. And, for the rest of you.... I am not sure but for now L and Woohyun will concentrate on your acting career while Sungjong and Sunyeol will help Eun Rae unless the both of you have an individual schedule to attend too.' Sunggyu said.

Looking up upon hearing my name, I look at the members individually taking note if their expression. Hoya and Dongwoo are all smiles while L is just staring and Woohyun just smile. Sungjong and Sungyeol however are staring at me without any expression.

'And our managers will hand each of your schedule tomorrow morning and as for now, what do you guys want for dinner?' Sunggyu adds looking at the rest of the members before looking at me.

'Chicken!'

'Ramen!'

'Tteokbokki!'

'Kimbap!'

'Burger!'

'Jjangmyeon!'

My eyes widen in shock when suddenly the whole house becomes chaotic with each of the members shout what they wants to eat leaving Sunggyu dumbfounded on the spot. From just suggesting what they wants to eat, a small fight breaks between Sungyeol and Dongwoo with L in between trying to get away from the fight.

Without realizing, a smile is form on my face and I have to admit that I enjoy looking at the scene in front of me.

'Hyung! She is smiling!' Sungjong shouts pointing at me as though it is something new and foreign to him causing 7 pairs of eyes are now staring at me now. Embarrass, I lowered her head and play with the end of my hoodie, avoiding eye contact.

'Eun Rae, what do you want to eat?' Sunggyu asked.

'Err... Tteokbokki?' I answered slowly lifting up my head. 'Tteokbokki then. Ok, everyone go and change and meet here again in 15 minutes. Let’s go.' Sunggyu said as everyone stands and disappear into their individual room in an instance.

Going back into my room and locking the door, I head towards the bathroom counting myself lucky to have my own bathroom and not ending up fighting to use the bathroom with the others. After a short yet refreshing bath, I quickly change into a long t-shirt and jeggings before putting on my jacket and continue drying my hair. Once my hair is dry, I tie them up into a messy bun and grab my phone and wallet with me before going out of the room. Everyone seems to be ready to leave and gathering in the living room as though waiting for a further instructions.

‘Let’s go…’ Sungyeol said jumping in excitement dragging Dongwoo and Sungjong to the front door. As the others just follow the three of them out of the door, I zip my jacket and puts on my sneakers quickly before locking the door and following the rest.

 

 

Author's Note: Alright ppl!!!

Here is your New Year Chapter...

Hope that all of you will have a happy new year!!!