First MV shoot Pt. 1

Horizontal 8

First MV shoot Pt. 1

Sitting in the van, Eun Rae's eyes are fixed to the book that she is holding but somehow her concentration is not fully on the books but on how to keep herself awake - if she is alone in the van, she would have just doze off but she can't as L who is seating a seat away from her is bobbing his head to the music that he is listening. None of them speaks or interact with each other as silence and awkwardness fills the air. She glance at her wristwatch - 6.45am and inwardly groan as she couldn't believe that their manager had woke her up early for a last minute change in her schedule and here she is with L in the van totally not sure about what is going on.

She had wanted to blame Woohyun for keeping her awake the whole night by bombarding her with so many questions about why is Hoya being nice to her and if not for Sunggyu, she wouldn’t know if she would be able to rest since she is mentally and physically exhausted due to the practice that she had been through. And speaking of Hoya, he seems to be back to his own cold self once the trio - Woohyun, Sunggyu and her had come back from practice, making Eun Rae think that maybe, just maybe he just sympathize her or something.

As the van pulls over at the car park, Eun Rae keeps her book into her bag, unplugging her earpiece while looking out at the unknown surroundings and buildings. As Eun Rae tries to figure out the surroundings, she felt someone poking her arm and turning around, she sees L poking and giving her signal to go out of the van. Pushing the van door open, Eun Rae gets out of the van wrapping herself from the cold wind that seems to greet her presence and once the two of them are out of the van, their manager gesture to them to follow him.

Entering the building, the three of them walks towards what seems to be like a studio room and once Eun Rae enters the place, her jaw drops as she sees different sets that had been built in the studio also at the number of people in the room.

‘Eun Rae, let’s go,’ the manager called as he breaks her train of thoughts. Snapping out of her thoughts, Eun Rae turn around and walks towards the manager feeling a little nervous being in the studio room-like place with production people around her. Soon, the three of them stop in front of a person seating on a chair holding what seems to be like a script.

‘Good morning PD-nim,’ L said as he bows to the person who seems to be a little startle by L’s greeting, puts his paper down and turns around. Eun Rae who is standing behind L, bow slightly at the PD as she is still in the confuse state.

‘Good morning and you must be Eun Rae, Infinite 8th member, right? So you are going to replace the actress that can’t make it today,’ the PD said as he gets up from his seat while Eun Rae seems to be clueless about what she is supposed to say but she only bow in reply and giving a smile.

'Alright, now I need all of you to go to the dressing room and get ready for your first scene,' the PD said before turning his attention back to the paper that he was holding on earlier. Eun Rae was about to say something but nothing comes out from except for a confuse look. Seeing that Eun Rae is not moving or responding to what the PD had said, the manager ushered Eun Rae to the dressing room while L just make his way there.

'The actress can't make it today so we need a substitute and since they can't find a substitute on a short time, the CEO decided to allow you to join in the mv. Oh, this mv is for Sunggyu solo mv,' the manager said as though he had read Eun Rae's confused mind. Eun Rae just nods her head even though she has a lot of questions to ask. Sitting in the dressing room, Eun Rae just waits nervously, not knowing about what to do or how to react to the situation.

'Ya, don't be nervous. Just listen to the PD and avoid getting or doing any mistakes. Here is the copy of the whole plot,’ L said as he hands her a few pieces of paper. Taking the paper from L, Eun Rae scans through the different scenes that they are going to do trying to understand what she has to do. Eun Rae was about to ask a question when a crew enter the dressing room.

‘The producer wants to shoot the entire couple scene first so please get ready in 15 minutes for the first scene which is the living room scene,’ the crew said before leaving the two of them while the make-up artist and hair stylist enters the room. Once ready, the two of them walks out of the dressing room, L is ready about what to do while Eun Rae still is unsure about what they have to do.

‘We will start with the break up scene first. Eun Rae you just have to return this ring back to L and L, the emotion that I want to see from you will be frustration. Any questions?’ The producer said and the two of them just shake their head in response. Taking their positions on the set, the two of them prepare themselves while waiting for the producer to give them the cue. Taking a deep breath, Eun Rae mutter to herself good luck before looking up and seeing L giving her a small cheer and a smile causing Eun Rae to feel a less nervous.

‘Action!’

Putting up the correct emotion, Eun Rae begins to get into character and begins to execute her role - walking towards L and returning their couple ring to him. It might sound simple but only god knows how nervous is she feeling right now - afraid that she might have a NG take but so far so good, the producer have not shout cut. Walking away from the set, Eun Rae stays at the side while observing L executing his part - ruffling his hair in frustration and being piss at the whole break up. A smile is form on Eun Rae’s face as she looks at L execute his part.

The simple scene did not just end there and the producer wants them to repeat the scene again as they want to take it at different angles. Who knows that the simple break up scene would need to be taken more than once.

‘That’s great. Now prepare for the other scenes for this set. Eun Rae that was good even though it was your first time doing this,’ The producer praises her well aware that it is her first time acting. Thanking the producer, the two of them walks towards the dressing room to change into their individual attire before walking back to the set.

‘Good, the two of you are ready. Alright, I need L to sit on the sofa, reading a book while Eun Rae, you need to lie on his lap and take a nap,’ The PD said as he shows them a few visual of how the scene would be like listening intently to how and what they need to do. Upon confirming what they need to do and what kind of emotions they are require to portray, the two of them are being brought to the set.

‘You need to sit here while you need to lie down here. Don’t mess her hair too much later alright,’ the PD said as L takes his place on the sofa followed by Eun Rae who slowly lie down on L’s lap while a hair stylist begin to touch-up Eun Rae’s hair. As the producer cue them to whole crew on stand-by, Eun Rae takes a deep breath and mutter to herself good luck before shutting her eyes.

‘Fighting Eun Rae-ah...’ L said as he looks at her giving her a comfort smile, when he sees that Eun Rae seems to be nervous about the shoot. As the producer voice shouts action, silence begins to fill the set leaving L and Eun Rae to act out their parts out - L reading a book while Eun Rae lie on his lap, taking a nap, slowly fall into a slumber. Without any cue or orders from the producer or the any crew members, L decides to ruffle Eun Rae’s fringe.

‘And.. cut! That was great! The two of you just stay there for the next shoot,’ The producer instructs over the microphone causing some of the crew to move towards the two of them like hungry wolves and touch up each of their make-up and hair. Seeing Eun Rae not moving nor waking up from her sleep, L begins pinching her cheek hard causing her to yelp in pain and sits abruptly and rubbing her sore cheeks and glaring at L who just sticks his tongue out.

Throughout the whole filming, Eun Rae had begins to get used to the whole filming process and it amaze her how she is able to complete some scenes with not much difficulties, thanks to the different suggestions given by the PD - 'Maybe you can do it this way instead of how it is.' 'You need to have a little more expression here though...' Apart from getting used to the filming process, Eun Rae has started to feel a little comfortable with L.

 

tumblr_mhhz6dnuep1r8c1zio1_500.gif