Just like a sister

Horizontal 8

Just like a sister

With her earpiece plugs in, Eun Rae enters the nearest convenience store and begins searching for the things that she had in mind while she mentally nags at the incident that had happen earlier. Without her knowing, a figure had been following her since she had walked out of the dorm building. Picking up a shopping basket, Eun Rae walks down the aisle as her eyes begin searching for the things that she needs when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she is greeted by a grinning Dongwoo.

‘What? They make you follow me to see if I really am seducing men outside?’ Eun Rae asked Dongwoo who quickly shake his head before following her. The both of them enter to an aisle where Eun Rae picks up her daily needs of ladies stuff and putting it in the shopping basket while Dongwoo looks away feeling a little embarrass before they move to a different aisle where Eun Rae picks a packet of potato chip and a bottle of mineral water.

‘Do you want anything?’ Eun Rae asked as she turns to face Dongwoo seems to be taken aback by Eun Rae’s question. Seeing that Dongwoo didn’t respond to the question, Eun Rae just shrugs and makes her way to the cashier leaving Dongwoo at the aisle. As Eun Rae is queuing up to pay for her things, Dongwoo appears beside her with different packets of snacks and a few cans of drinks, placing them beside Eun Rae’s shopping basket.

‘Wait, I still have more,’ Dongwoo said before walking away leaving Eun Rae looking at the different packets of snacks on the cashier and returning to her side with a big tub of ice cream.

‘Ok, let’s pay,’ Dongwoo said cheerfully while Eun Rae on the other hand did nothing but just hands her shopping basket to the cashier who quickly scan all of her items including Dongwoo’s, who paid for everything. Grabbing her own things, Eun Rae walks out of the convenience store leaving Dongwoo behind and walking towards the nearby park.

Settling down at a bench, Eun Rae takes out her packet of potato chips, opening them, she starts munching it while staring into the air. Dongwoo, who is carrying all of the snacks that he had bought, quickly takes a seat beside Eun Rae before taking out the ice cream. Silence fills the atmosphere between the two of them except for the munching of potato chips.

‘Do you want some?’ Dongwoo asked as he unplugs Eun Rae’s earpiece and showing her the ice cream tub that he is holding. Taken aback by Dongwoo’s action, Eun Rae just looked at the ice cream tub before shaking her head and continues looking at the empty space in front of her.

‘Hey Eun Rae, I know what Hoya said is kind off mean but I am sure that he didn’t mean it. I guess that he is still not used to you being here. Wait, that sounds like you are at fault. I am not saying that it is your fault but I guess the situation that we are in?’ Dongwoo tried to explain but somehow he seems to be blabbering. Eun Rae turns and looks at the flabbergasted Dongwoo who tried to phrase his words properly before letting a soft chuckle out.

‘It’s alright, I guess.’ Eun Rae said to Dongwoo who looked at her wide eyed not believing that Eun Rae talked to him and seeing Dongwoo looking at her like that, Eun Rae tilt her head in confusion.

‘Why? Did I say something wrong?’ Eun Rae wondered.

‘No, no. You talked. Wait of course you talked, you just did. Aish, why am I talking to myself…’ Dongwoo mumbled to himself causing Eun Rae to laugh at the situation.

‘Relax. I do talk.’ Eun Rae said as she puts her empty potato chips to the side before grabbing her water.

‘I thought that you won’t talk to us because you are angry over what had happen earlier. Do you want more? I have more with me,’ Dongwoo said as he shows her the plastic bag full of snacks to Eun Rae who is drinking her water.

‘No thank you. I can’t eat lots of those when I am having my period or I will get the worst cramps. You can just finish them by yourself or share with the members later,’ Eun Rae said as she continues to stare at the empty space.

‘Is it that bad? I mean your cramps.’ Dongwoo asked curiously.

‘Yeah and I have to watch what I eat and drink also. There was a time where I have to go to the clinic due to the unbearable pain.’ Eun Rae adds.

‘That seems bad. Well, I guess I am lucky to be a guy,’ Dongwoo said grinning.

‘But if you need someone, you can just tell any of us well maybe not Hoya for now. You are just like our sister you know, wait, technically I am older than you, so yeah, you are our little sister,’ Dongwoo said as he ruffle Eun Rae’s hair as though she is a little kid.

‘Alright Dongwoo oppa, you can stop messing my hair now,’ Eun Rae said as she moves away from Dongwoo.

‘Cool. Since you are all cool down, let’s go back, the guys are ordering food for dinner,’ Dongwoo said as he stands up, picking all of the plastic bags with him before walking with Eun Rae back to their dorm.

‘Can I ask you a question?’ Eun Rae asked as they walked down the pavement to their dorm while Dongwoo just reply by nodding his head.

‘Do you guys hate me when all of you know about me joining Infinite?’ Eun Rae asked.

‘Hmm, hate you? Nope, I guess that it will be more of a shock for me and the others I guess. I mean all of us are guys and all of a sudden there is a girl in our group, so it is a little shocking to us. But don’t worry, we don’t hate you,’ Dongwoo said trying to reassure Eun Rae.

‘Then why does Hoya looks like he is going to kill me anytime?’

‘That one, you need to find out about it yourself. Oh, what is your schedule like tomorrow?’ Dongwoo asked.

‘Hmm, Sungyeol and Sungjong going to finish their variety lessons and then dance practice with Hoya,’ Eun Rae said and without knowing it, the two of them had reached their dorm.