Chapter 7

This Love

< STILL AT DONGWOO'S PARENTS HOUSE >

 

During the lunch, it was a total silent. Sohyun was sitting next to Dongwoo awkwardly eating. Dongwoo mother was sitting facing Sohyun while his father was facing him. Dongwoo pretend not to know his father was infront of him. Sohyun who was pretty much nervous,  never thought that it could be tense to eat with his family.

After they had the awkward lunch, Dongwoo's mother bought them back to the living room to have some chit chat. Dongwoo still sticked with her, sitting next to her makes Sohyun a bit uncomfortable. Sohyun was thinking that Dongwoo's mom doesn't like Dongwoo sticking with her. She probably need a little time to be with her one and only son.

5 minutes of silent, Dongwoo's father joined them. That makes it more awkward. 

"May I know your name?" He asked as he sit next to his wife.

"Joneun Sohyun imnida" Sohyun nervously introduced herself while bowing.

"Sohyun? No first name?" he asked makes Sohyun stuttered.

"Aa~ Ye. Kwon. Kwon Sohyun" she answered immediately.

"Kwon?" he asked, raising his left eyebrow. He looked at his wife as if something that's in his mind.

"So.. What did your parents do?" he asked ignoring the strong glare from his son.

Sohyun looked at Dongwoo who already hold her hand tightly. 

"Do you have to ask that question?" Dongwoo asked coldly.

"I just wanna know about her family" his father replied as cold as him.

"Yeobo, her parents were already died when she was 4" his mother ended the coldness between the father and the son.

"O" he only said that.

"What's your father's name?" he asked.

"Kwon Jung Hwan" 

Right after she said the name, Dongwoo's father immediately look at his wife. His wife was also looking at her. 

"How about your mom?" he asked.

"Park Min ri" she said tightening her hand with Dongwoo.

Again, both of the husband and wife look at each other. They seems like knows them.

"Do you remember what's the cause of the death of your parents?" his dad asked.

Sohyun looked at Dongwoo, hesistate to answer the question. 

"Dad, stop asking her question about her family" Dongwoo stopped his dad.

"Why?" He asked looking straightly to his eyes.

"Cause she still traumatised with what happened to her"

His father just gave him an ogled. Dongwoo sighed and looked at his girlfriend. "Don't worry. Everything will be fine" he said as he feel her hand was shaking.

"Dad, I wanna talk with you for a while" Dongwoo looked at his dad.

"In my office" he said as he stood up.

"I'll be back in a while" Dongwoo said to Sohyun. "Just have fun with mom okay?" he rubbed her head.

Sohyun nodded and smiled awkwardly.

There, left Sohyun and Dongwoo's mom in the enourmous room. 

Sohyun smiled to his mom. "Sorry, I'm still nervous" Sohyun confessed.

"You better be" Sohyun looked up as she heard Dongwoo's mom's voice turned cold.

She's looking at her coldly. "Don't pretend to be an angel here" she said makes Sohyun in a total shocked. Dongwoo's mom has changed 100% from the one that she knew an hour ago.

"I know you want to be with Dongwoo is just because of money."

"Ye?" Sohyun was surprised with her sudden attitude.

"Don't pretend not to know anything. I know. What else could it be if an orphan like you been in a relationship with the son of the rich people if it is not about money?" she looked at her with a smirk.

"I'm not like that" Sohyun stood up. She was holding her tears up.

She coldly smiles. "Please, who will tell the truth anyway?" She fold her hands. "Sooner or later, you will be known for lying to him" 

"How could you say that? I truly loves Dongwoo with all my heart. I'm not like what you said." Sohyun tried telling the truth.

"As if I'm gonna trust you with that face" she said not looking at her. "How many amount you want?" 

Her question makes Sohyun hurt. She don't want that. She even not like that.

"I will give you the money tomorrow, and after that, make sure you leave my son immediately. I don't want him to fall for an orphan like you." 

"But.."

"No but" she cut her words. "And one more thing, don't you ever tell Dongwoo about this conversations" 

Sohyun still holding back her tears as she sat down. She was in a total shaking. She trembled. She was afraid to know the fact that Dongwoo's mom doesn't like her.

 

< WHILE AT THE OFFICE ROOM, CONVERSATIONS OF DONGWOO AND HIS FATHER >

 

"What you wanna talk?" his father asked as he sat on his office chair.

"Could you please respect me as your son? Respect Sohyun as my girlfriend?" he asked looking at his dad fiercely.

"Why? What did I do? I'm respecting you guys" he said with a smirked.

"You keep on asking Sohyun the question that she really don't wanna hear."

"Well, I never knew that she really hate those type of questions"

Dongwoo sighed in a mad way.

"You better leave her"

"Why?" he asked straightly glaring at his father.

"Because I have a feeling that she's only with you is just because of a money"

"She's not like that dad!" Dongwoo's half yelling.

"Who knows that she's actually not an orphan" 

Dongwoo groaned. "Dad, stop it! I don't want to hear anything from you" He turned around to get out from the room.

Before he opened the door, he turned to face his dad, "And one more thing dad, this is my life, not yours" 

He then went out from the room leaving his dad alone.

"Where's mom?" he asked Sohyun as he entered the living room and saw his mother was not there.

Sohyun was shocked from her daydream. More precisely, her nightmare. She looked at Dongwoo, tried to hide her tears and the shaking of her body.

"Oh, she got a phone call just now" she said lying, just like what his mom asked her to do before she left.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he sat next to her. He can feel she was shaking. Sohyun just nodded. He cups her cheek with his hand. "You doesn't look like you're okay" he said.

"Nah, I'm fine" she said forcing a smile.

"You wanna go home?" he asked.

"Can we? Your parents will mad at you later" she was worried.

"It's okay to leave babe." He hold her hands. "Come on, let's go home" he stood up and pulled her out of the house.