Chapter 12

This Love

It was school time for Sohyun on the afternoon. The teacher gave her some extra classes to attend before the exams start in a week. Dongwoo who was not precisely busy with his assignment just waited patiently while playing basketball at Sohyun's school court.

"Hey" Ilhoon greeted.

Dongwoo who was on his way to make a jump looked at him and smile. "Hey Ilhoon" 

"Waiting for Sohyun?" he asked.

Dongwoo giggled. "As usual" he threw the ball to the net. "You don't have any class?" he asked.

"Just finished a while ago" he answered. Ilhoon went to attend his extra classes. His class is not the same with Sohyun since he's taking different subjects.

"Wanna join in?" Dongwoo asked throwing him the ball.

Ilhoon smile. "Sure will do" 

The two guys played the basketball while joking around. There was no one except for them there. 

An hour just past, the boys were still playing the basketball even though their clothes are sweating like hell. Ilhoon was patting cause of tired. So do Dongwoo. 

After a minutes past, Dongwoo suddenly got a dizziness. He stopped and lay himself on the ground while holding his head with his two hands.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ilhoon approached him as he knew something wrong happen with Dongwoo.

Dongwoo seems like surpressing himself from the pain in his head. He tried to open his eyes but all he can see is a blury thing. Ilhoon who was just right infront of him, he can't look at him clearly.

"Dongwoo a~" Ilhoon was in a total panic. He put his head on his lap since Dongwoo already lied his head on the ground. "Yaa Dongwoo" he called out while gave him a little slap to make him back to his sense.

Dongwoo was still in pain. He hold his hand tighther to his head. "Arrrggghhh~" he screamed.

"Hey" Ilhoon called. Ilhoon watched his movement. Dongwoo kept on hitting his head with his big hand. "Stop Dongwoo. You're hurting yourself" he stopped him. He pulled his hand so that he can stop.

"Uggghh~" Dongwoo keep on screaming. The pain that he had is not as usual. Usually he got the dizziness just for a while. Sometimes his sight was blury for 10 minutes and he went back to normal. 

15 minutes fighting with the pain, he went back to normal but still lying himself against Ilhoon's lap. 

Ilhoon looked at him with a worried face. Dongwoo was still patting hard. Ilhoon let him calm for a while before he asked anything. He gave him a bottle of water that he kept on his bag.

A little a while, Dongwoo sat up from Ilhoon's lap. He drank the water. 

"You okay now?" Ilhoon asked.

Dongwoo just nodded with a sighed.

"You sure?" he asked again.

Dongwoo again, just nodded.

"You have something to share?" Ilhoon asked, hoping Dongwoo tell him something that he suspicious about.

"What?" he asked.

Ilhoon looked at him. "I know you have something to say about your life" he still not telling him the point.

"My life?" 

Ilhoon nodded. "You probably don't know this, but I realised you change alot these day" 

"What do you mean by that?" Dongwoo looked at him but just for a while. He just couldn't see straightly to his eyes.

"You keep on getting sick no matter what time it is, this week I realised you seems like thinking something. Something that are seems pretty important" 

Dongwoo sighed. "If I tell you this, please don't tell Sohyun"

Ilhoon nodded.

"Promise?" he asked.

"Ew dude, that sounds gay" Ilhoon said all of the sudden make they both burst into laughter. "Sorry. Now continue" he said looking at him.

Dongwoo inhaled for a while. "I was worried about Sohyun actually" he took the ball from the side and bounce it as he started the story.

"Worried? Why? Because of the exams?" 

Dongwoo shook his head. "No. Because of my mom"

"Your mom?" Ilhoon seems lost. "What's with your mom and Sohyun?" 

Dongwoo keep on bouncing the ball. "My mom don't like her" he stopped to look at Ilhoon's expression. 

"Why so?" he asked.

"She told me that Sohyun is none others than one of the girls who just wanted my money. Our money" he sighed.

"Wha.. What?" Ilhoon was mad. It was Sohyun who he talks about. His bestie.

"Calm down." Dongwoo calm him. "I ain't gonna trust my mom. I trust Sohyun with all my heart" he said looking at the school view.

"So it's only this that make you worried about Sohyun?" he asked.

"No." 

"Then what?" Ilhoon was impatient.

"I met my mom last two days, and yeah as usual, we had a fight" 

"Bout what?"

"Sohyun" he looked at him. "She told me to leave Sohyun or else she gonna make Sohyun's suffer. I keep on thinking about that actually"

"Suffer? Serious?" Ilhoon was in a shocked.

Dongwoo nodded. "I know my mom. She will do things that she likes even it is related to murder someone. She's not going to listen to anyone. Even me her own son!" 

"Murder??" Ilhoon blinked his eyes. He's hoping that it was only a nightmare.

Dongwoo nodded. "Aishh~ I'm so clueless. I don't know what to do to save Sohyun!" he throw the ball to the net. "I just hope Sohyun won't know about my mom hating her" he said calming himself down.

Suddenly Ilhoon remember, the time when Sohyun was in a fever, and he answered a call from someone who was threathen Sohyun. Is that woman probably...

He look at Dongwoo with a shocked face.

"What?" Dongwoo asked as he saw his face.

"Dongwoo a~ I think Sohyun know.." 

"About my mom hating her?" Dongwoo cut his word. "How does she know??" 

Ilhoon exhaled. "This was when Sohyun got her fever. I was cooking soup for her when someone's calling. I answered and before I could say anything, the person on the phone said something."

"What did she said?" Dongwoo looked at him.

"Relax~" he said inhaling for a while. "That woman said, she want Sohyun to leave Dongwoo. Oh and she mentioned about money. She said that just tell her how much she want cause the money that she gave back seems not enough for her. Do you probably know that Sohyun receive any money?" Ilhoon asked.

Dongwoo shook his head. "I never saw Sohyun with a money or an envelope before" 

"Then she must kept it a secret"

"Why would she keep it a secret?"

Ilhoon sighed. "Who wouldn't keep it a secret? You're her boyfriend. She's not gonna tell you that your mom threathen her with money. That's like killing her self man!" 

Dongwoo just nodded understood with what he tried to explain.

"Now what?" Ilhoon asked.

Dongwoo sighed. "No matter what, just keep it a secret between the two of us. Make sure Sohyun don't know anything" he said while Ilhoon nod his head understood.

"Oh yeah, just wanna ask this. How often you got pain in your head?" Ilhoon asked.

"Everyday but like the previous one"

"You better check it to the hospital"

"Naahhh~ I'm fine. It's just must be tired" Dongwoo calm his buddy down. He don't want to talk about it anymore.

"If there's some problem just tell me. I will listen" he pat his back.

"Thanks" Dongwoo smiled.

"Gonna continue?" Ilhoon asked as he took the ball.

"Bring it on!" Dongwoo said like a gangsta.

15 minutes playing, they decided to take a break.

"You really are good in basketball" Dongwoo said to Ilhoon.

Ilhoon laughed. "It's just for fun man" 

"Hey guys!" Sohyun greeted them from the back.

"Hey~" Ilhoon smiled. 

"Hey baby!" Dongwoo hugged her back as she hugged him.

"Why are you so pale?" she looked at Dongwoo.

"Pale? Naah~ Probably just because of the heat or something" he said looking at Ilhoon. Ilhoon was looking at him too.

Sohyun just nodded. "You guys had some fun?" she asked.

"Yeah, a lot of fun" Ilhoon replied.

"How was study?" Dongwoo asked.

Sohyun then pouted. "Tiredddd~~~" she said with an aegyo.

"Aigooo~ Well, let's go home then" he said taking his things. 

"Wanna join us?" Dongwoo asked Ilhoon.

Ilhoon just shook his head. "I'm just gonna go home" 

"Okay" Sohyun said. "See ya around" she greeted. She then hugged him as a goodbye. < They always do this since they are bestie >

"Sure" he smiled. "See ya budd!" he patt Dongwoo's back.

"See ya!" he patted and smiled at him.

 

 

---------

 

 

Ooooohhhhkkkaaayyyyy

 

Now you know a bit of the secret. Kkkk.