Chapter 30

My Jerk , Yook SungJae

SungJae's POV :

 

I had enough of being stucked in this crappy room!! There is no way i can even make myself not bored.

When am i going to start my tasks???

I tried to barged the door open but it won't bulge.

i growled as i sat down thinking of other ways out.

" Even before you start your task , your so impatient to get out of here? " The almighty voice called

" No! I was just thinking why it takes so long for my task to start "

" Very well. Today's task is simple. You'll be able to benefit from today's task that i am going to assign you to. "

" What will that be? "

We were sent into another place.

A place by the well... apparently , TWO wells.

" What is this sir? " i asked

" You see the two wells and the pail in front of you?"

I nodded

" Today's task is to transfer the water from one well to another. At the end of it , you'll be able to find a piece of paper... The paper will lead you to another place . The faster you find it , it will benefit you more. "

i looked at the pail in astonishment , ' it is going to take ages for me to transfer the pail of water over! '

" Your not up for it? " the voice roared

" No! I am definitely up for it . I need to see my family soon. " i replied

" Well then , get cracking! "

 

I carried the pail up and walked towards the well , " Looks like today is going to be a long day " I said as i judged the amount of water in the deep well.

" SUNG JAE SUNG JAE!! HWAITINGGG! " i cheered

I started getting down to work and slowly pour transfer the water from one well to another.

It seems like i got working for hours but there was very little change in my progress , the water was still quite full.

"WHEN WILL THIS END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" i roared

i walked under a tree and rest

slowly i dozed off......

 

Haejin POV:

 

i stared at the still body in front of me.

I can't help but to feel like crying..

It has passed 2 days but there is yet any changes to him

I carried a pail towards the toilet to fetch a pail of water.

As i walked back to him , i saw that he was sweating

" is it too warm? " i checked the room temperature.

" Ani.. It is at room temperature. " I walked back , confused.

I sat beside him and started to clean his body with the newly fetched pail of water.

" aish!! " i  flip him over to clean his back.

i cleaned him throughly .

Satisfied with my job done , i sat down to rest.

" AHH! " i remembered i have not applied his facial products on his face.

I rushed towards the toilet and took his facial rpoducts out,.

I applied every product carefully as i stared at his wonderful features

" Ah! i didn't marry the worng guy ... He is really perfect for me..... Yeobo..... Please wake up soon? " I hugged him tightly as i stared at his face.

*Knock Knock*

i left my position from him.

" come in! " i said

A doctor came in , " routine check now.. Please stand aside miss. "

i stood aside as i saw him examine SungJae.

It took ages before he was done ,

" Did he have any signals today? " he asked

" No... " I replied

" The longer he delays his movements , the lower the percentage of him waking up. " He tipped me off before leaving the room

I was shocked rooted to the ground.

' He might not even wake up'  This possibility strucked me hard

" Oppa.. " i staggered my way towards him

" please quickly wake up ok? You can't leave me just like this.... " I pleaded

Just then , omma and appa came in

" What do you mean by that ? " appa asked

" Appa..... The doctor.... My voice was choked by my tears that my words became inaudible.

" Calm down my dear.. Tell us slowly... " omma hugged me

" The doctor... he... said that if Sungjae don't show any signs any sooner , his percentage of him waking up would also decrease.... "

I cried in her arms

" omma appa , oppa can't just leave me like this. He can't... He can't leave me like this when i learn about everything... " Omma and appa huggedd me tight.

 

 

 

SUNGJAE POV:

 

I slept soundly until a voice came in.

" Oppa.. " i felt someone shaking me

i woke up but i did not see anyone .

" please quickly wake up ok? You can't leave me just like this.... " That voice!

" HAEJIN! WHERE ARE U??? " i stood up frantically searching for her....

But to no avail , i realised that i have not completed my task and i won't be able to see her until i get it done.

I stood up and walked towards the pail and i continued to transfer the water over.

In my mind , i had this one single thought " I need to see my wife and kids soon! "

My speed slowly accelerated.

It was all going to end soon.

I know everything was going to end soon when i saw the water of the other well increasing drastically..

" I can do it! " i shouted before i continue,

Gradually , the water was filled to the brim of the well , a paper was seen floating on top.

i grabbed the chance and flung myself towards the paper.

I held the paper tightly and ran over to the shade to read.

 

 

" Follow the map to get to the final point! "

 

That was all i saw on the paper....

I flipped the paper around and saw a map....

" WHAT IS THIS??? WHY ????? " I SHOUTED IN ANGER!

slowly , i lost the confidence in seeing my wife and kids.

There was absolutely no way.

The distance i have to walk towards the final point was a long one

" No ! No! i cannot just give up when it is only the start... I need to carry on.. To see haejin and my kids  , i need to get going!!! "

I walked and followed the direction on the map...

" I can do it " I chanted as i walked .

 

 

GOD'S POV:

 

" Do you think he have what it takes to complete the three tasks that we have assigned for him? " A said

" I believe in this young man. He has cleared stage one..... I know this boy can do it... " i said

" But sir.. He gave up so easily just now.. He can't even take up the challenge after he saw what was on the paper..." B said

" Don't only look on the negative sides of what he had done. Try looking on the positive sides too! After his nap , when we gave him the chance to hear his wife , his energy was geared up... After he saw the paper , indeed he felt defeated , but he still gained confidence in himself to get things done... Didn't he? " I left them speechless after what i said.

 

" Whatever it is , let's see till the end. This fine young man would definitely change to become a better person. " i told them

" i begged to differ.... " A and B sounded off

 

I sighed as i summon the young man's grandmother over

 

" Your finding me sir? " she walked in slowly

" ah yes.... Come on and have a seat. " I ushered her over

" How is the progress of my grandson? " she asked

" He is doing just fine... I am sure he will be able to complete the 3 tasks assigned. But as to how he completes it , i will carefully evaluate it before i consider letting him down back to the mortal world or not. "

" Thank you for your kindness sir... I am very thankful "

" Thank yourself for being such a nice person when you were still alive. Your clean record made me have the urge to help you.... "

" Thank you sir... Thank you very much " The old grandma thanked

 

' i have faith in you young man! Don't disappoint me nor your grandma ' i thought

 

 


 

So how is this chapter? I just realised that i did not update last week.. I am very very sorry.

I was busy last week that i missed the chance to update...

I'll do my best to try update another chapter before the next saturday.

Thank you all for waiting ! I hope i did not disappoint you with this chapter.

 

 

Comments and upvotes appreciated!^^

Please do support me with my covers that i've recently made. It isn't fantastic , but i hope to hear your comments about my cover^^ Thank you^^

Here is the link , i hope you can show some support^^

https://soundcloud.com/itzmejerms

Comment replies:

NurulAina  : Thanks for waiting.. SOrry for making you wait again.. My exam was great^^ my next exams are coming again during July... *cries*

Blue27 : hahah im fine^^ quite stressed up with the amount of homeworks i have>< hahah!! Now you know the first task?? ^^ Is it good??^^ Thank you for waiting^^

cuteheartbreaker13  : awww !!^^ here , i gave you the first task already^^ thank you for waiting^^ Like this update??^^

Myrul_Izwan: When will he ever wake up >< *cries* Thank you for waiting^^

MyraLeeya   : Let's hope he wont>< Thank you for waiting^^

issawong : me the best????? Awwww^^ Thank you^^ i'm not the best hahah^^ I'll update soonn^^ Thank you for waiting^^

 

TO ALL MY READERS WHO ARE FROM SINGAPORE , MALAYSIA AND INDONESIA!

PLEASE TAKE EXTRA CARE FROM NOW ONWARDS!

THE HAZE ISN'T FRIENDLY NOW! PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR MASKS!

DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND AVOID GOING OUT DURING THIS PERIOD!

THE CONTENTS FROM THE HAZE CAN CAUSE YOU TO HAVE CANCER IN THE FUTURE!

PROTECT YOURSELVES AND WEAR A MASKS! I AM VERY WORRIED FOR ALL OF YOU!

PLEASE TAKE CARE!!! *THROWS HEARTS*