Tragedy Knocks On Door

Omma? Appa? Woori?!!!

 

Khun swerved his motorcycle in front of the hospital and quickly took off his helmet. He turned off his engine and quickly ran into the hospital. Yuri was already sitting by the seats waiting for the doctors to come out and tell her the news. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying with a tissue in her hand.

"Yuri," Khun said worriedly. Yuri saw him and stood up. She cried and ran in his arms. "How can this happen?" Yuri asked sobbing. Khun hugged her and took a deep breath.

"It’s okay. Wujima…" he calmed her down a little. She took a deep breath and huffed every second.

"Have they come out yet?" He asked. "No. No word on them yet." She said after huffs. She pulled herself away and wiped her tears away. "It’s okay. Let’s just sit here and see." He said then sat Yuri and him back down in the seats.

After a long time, a Doctor came out still in his blue surgery uniform. He took off his glasses and looked at Khun and Yuri.

"Are you two friends of the Ok family?" The Doctor asked. Khun and Yuri stood up and nodded. "Yes Doctor, how are they? How’s the baby? How’s Hyeri?" Yuri asked tearing. The Doctor looked down and took a deep breath.

"I’m sorry, but we did all that we could. The baby is okay, but… unfortunately, her parents didn’t make it. Their injuries were too severe since the crash came from their side. The mother served the most injuries because she wasn’t wearing her seatbelt." The Doctor said.

Yuri sobbed and fell down to her knees. Khun stood there speechless, with tears strolling down her cheeks. He couldn’t believe it. They just saw each other a couple hours ago, and now this is happening. He couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to.

Tears strolled down Khun’s eyes and landed on his cheeks. Tears that he wished only for happiness. But now they were for this horrible tragedy.

"I’m so terribly sorry for your losses." The Doctor said then walked off. Khun ran his hands in his face out of frustration and took a deep breath. "Why?" Yuri cried on the ground. She couldn’t control herself. She was losing energy.

The only best friends she ever had. No, they weren’t best friends. They were family. She felt her heart weakening. She felt herself dying slowly, slowly, as if the world is turning upside down.

 

After a few weeks, after the ceremony, Yuri and Khun walked into Taek and Yoona’s house with Hyeri in Khun’s arms. They looked around the house and tried to force smiles onto their faces when Hyeri was laughing at them.

Khun placed Hyeri into her normal seat in the kitchen threw some tidbits of her snacks on her food table for her. He rubbed Hyeri’s head and looked over at Yuri who was looking at their family picture on the wall on top of the fireplace. He walked over to her and stood beside her with his arms crossed.

"She looks like her father more than her mother." Yuri said. Khun scoffed a little. "Yeah, but she has her mother’s smile." He said. Yuri sighed and glanced back at Hyeri who was throwing her food on the ground. Yuri looked back at the picture and smacked her lips.

"What are we going to do with her now?" She asked with a deep sigh. Khun turned around and looked at Hyeri.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. They looked at each other and went to open the door. There was a man dressed in a nice suit. He had a folder of files in his hand and his glasses in his other.

"Hello, how may we help you?" Khun asked opening the door with Yuri beside him. He looked at his files then back at them. "Are you two Nickhun and Kwon Yuri, friends of Ok Taecyeon and Im Yoona?" He asked. Khun and Yuri looked at each other.

"Yes, we are." Khun said. "May-may I come in?" He asked. "Of course." Khun said then moved aside so he could come in. Yuri went to get Hyeri when she started crying from the kitchen.

"I am from the Child's Services, Lee Jun Su, and I’m here to talk to you two about Taecyeon and Yoona’s accident." He said. Khun and Yuri sat across from them with Hyeri in her car seat, playing with a toy.

"A couple weeks before their accident, they came to meet with me, and we asked them a question: "If anything were to happen to you two, who would watch over Hyeri? And they answered," he said then looked at his files. "Khun Buch (Khun's last name shortened) and Kwon Yuri." He said. Khun and Yuri looked at each other.

"What? Us? No, they must be mistaken." Yuri said with a scoff. "Are you sure they answered that? Questions like that are asked these days too?" Khun asked confused.

"No, we can’t-no, I’m sorry, but this is too much of a huge responsibility." Yuri said. "Yeah, we can’t take this offer."

"This is not an offer." Jun Su answered Khun. "This was a job given to you two already. And if you two don’t stick up to it, we’ll have to take her to an orphanage." Jun Su said.

"WHAT?" Yuri asked. "An o-or-orphanage?" Khun asked. Jun Su nodded and looked at them. "Think this over clearly and get back to me." He said leaning back in his chair.

 

"Yoona, why did you do this?" Yuri asked walking back and forth outside on the porch. She grabbed her hair and pulled it from frustration.

 

"Freaken Taek, you expect me to watch after her? This is your responsibility." Khun said in the bedroom, walking back and forth too. He ran his hands in his face annoyed.

 

"I’m sorry Taek and Yoona. You two are my best friends, but I can’t do it. I’m not planned for this. I can’t. I can’t yet. I’m not meant for this." Yuri said.

"I’m sorry… this is not my responsibility." Khun said. He sat down and took a deep breath running his hands through his face again.

 

"Ugh! You’re killing me!" Yuri said frustrated then walked back inside.

 

"What am I doing?" Khun said then walked back out to the living room. Khun and Yuri looked at each other and sat down. They looked at Hyeri and at Jun Su and sighed.

 

A/N: So, will they do it??? Will they stick up and take the chance?

Stay updated for the next chapter coming soon!!!!

Thanks to all of you who have read and subscribed already! You're awesome!!

Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE if you haven’t already!

Much love to you all!!!