Woohyun 2

Infinite Oneshots

 

            “He’s looking at you again,” your friend whispered. You tossed your hair impatiently, already knowing who she was talking about.

            “Tell him to gain some intelligence first then work up the courage to talk to me,” you snapped back before bending back down to work on your lab. You had to finish this paper before moving on to studying for your math final. College was hard work and the last thing you wanted to do was flunk your first semester.

            “He’s actually pretty smart, you know,” she defended him.

            You didn’t even bother responding. If he were as smart as your friend says he is, he would never have showed up drunk and sobbing, asking you to the winter dance before promptly forgetting and taking another girl. Nobody knew about your humiliation but you were determined to hold this grudge against him.

            Soon the library emptied and your friend whispered her good night. She was done and about to crash. You nodded absent-mindedly and continued to pore over the textbook. Your hands worked out sample problems and you frowned. Darn. You had forgotten all about Riemann’s sums.         

            You groaned and flipped frantically through the textbook pages, trying to find it. But your eyes were blurry and you were dead tired. You wanted to collapse. You placed your head down on the table and found yourself eye to eye with someone else.

            The brown eye staring back at you blinked. You recognized the rim of the glasses and you shot back up. You hurriedly collected your notes, cursing yourself for being a slob and setting camp on the table. Now it was a mess to clean up.

            Woohun clamped his hand down on your textbook. “Don’t go.” He said.

            You snarled. “How about you let go of my book and let me go back to sleep.”

            “You need help with Riemann’s sums. I can help you. I’m a math major; this is my lifeline.” He grinned at you.

            You were tempted. You needed the help. Woohyun seemed to see you wavering and he adjusted his ridiculous bowtie. “Sir Nerd Woohyun at your service,” he bowed.

            How did one look so good at two in the morning? You wanted to hit him in the face for being so flawless. “If you’re so smart,” you started, “then how in the world did you mess up and-” you stopped talking, not wishing to bring back memories.

            Woohyun was quiet and wrote out a problem. “Here, you can always distribute the ‘i.’ Once you do, you can just remember that i2 is also n(n+1) so you can substitute.” He was patient and methodical as he explained. You watched him write and were surprised to find that he was making sense. “Look, because it’s the limit of when n goes to infinity, then you can cancel, and voila, your answer is 6.”

            He handed back your pencil and you worked out another problem under his watchful guidance. The two of you worked quietly for another hour when you closed your textbook. “Thanks, Woohyun,” you said grudgingly.

            He dipped his head at you and nodded. “Not a problem. If you ever need any more help, you know who to go to.”

            You nodded and started to pack up. You were a little disappointed he hadn’t said more. You were over your hatred for him. Maybe it had been one memory lapse. There was another pregnant pause until Woohyun came running back.

            “Wait! Here, good luck in the next six hours,” he stuffed something in your hands. You took it and stared at him. He winked and threw a heart.

            You looked down. He had written a letter.

            Because I’m too much of a coward to explain this in any other terms. I know you have every right to hate me. I stood you up. I still remember, I promise you, I wasn’t drunk enough that I forgot. You were still in my heart. But my cousin showed up randomly and my mom insisted I took her. I was too ashamed to tell you that I had to cancel. It’s no excuse for ditching, but it’s the reason I have. There’s nothing left for me to say. I still like you and have kicked myself over this decision ever since. I wish I can work up the courage to tell you this. But I guess, look up?

            You laughed and looked up. Woohyun was standing in front of you throwing hearts. He waved shyly and adjusted his glasses. You laughed and waved to him, happy that he had an explanation.

            He walked up to you and took your hand. “I’m sorry. Can I make it up by taking you on a coffee date? I promise I won’t ditch you this time,” he vowed.

            You decided to . “How can I be so sure?”

            His face fell.” I promise! Please?”

            “Pick me up after my final and I’ll make up my mind then.”

            Woohyun pouted. “That’s so long and what if you ditch me?”

            You stuck out your tongue at him. “Then you’d be getting what you deserved,” you chuckled. 

 

requested

omg streaming sbs gayo since 6:30 INSANE