Sunggyu 5

Infinite Oneshots

            Sunggyu couldn’t see. It wasn’t because his eyes were small, they most definitely were not small, but he just had poor eyesight. If it weren’t for his lack of refined visual abilities, he would be able to actually open his eyes and not have to squint. But nowadays makeup was all the rage and guyliner worked wonders.

            But right now, he was too lazy and he just wanted to lounge at home instead of going to school. Sunggyu slunk on his couch and scratched his head. All he asked for was to be able to see properly and break the image everyone had of him as the small-eyed guy who liked to sing.

            He read a couple of pages in his textbook before deciding to call his girlfriend. The lighting didn’t help with his vision either. He had a headache and his arms were sore from having to hold up the heavy book the entire time.

            “Baby,” he shouted happily when she picked up. “Whatcha doing?”

            She sounded slightly impatient when she answered. “Definitely not what you’re doing.”

            “What am I doing?”

            “Being a bum,” she answered matter-of-factly and he was taken slightly aback.

            “I was just reading biology, miss. I got through chapter fifteen and I’m starting mitosis. Calling you is merely a study break.”

            “Don’t get your in a twist,” she laughed. “I was kidding with you. I’m actually not willing to do my computer science project. Want me to come over?”

            He glanced at the clock. “Well yeah. I only have two hours anyway. I need to do something after.”

            “Oh, my busy, busy boyfriend,” she teased. “Alright, I’ll be over in like fifteen.”

            Sunggyu was waiting by the door for her. The moment he heard footsteps outside the hallway, he opened the door to greet her. “I miss you!” He reached out to hug her.

            When they broke apart, she laughed. “We just saw each other yesterday!”

            Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at her. Darn, his vision was too fuzzy. Why did he break his glasses? She noticed and a small smile tugged on her lips. “Just because you can’t see me properly doesn’t mean we haven’t met before.”

            He stomped his foot. “Don’t make fun of me! In fact the object of our date today is to buy me new glasses.” He smiled at her and she nodded.

            “Alright. But I get to choose the frames.”

            When they got to the eyeglass store, Sunggyu wandered around looking for appropriate frames. He liked thicker frames but black was much too harsh. He liked a slightly lighter brown. But it seemed as if the store just didn’t have anything like it.

            His phone rang and he stepped outside for a moment. “Hey just grab a pair and I’ll meet you at the car.”

            She was given free reign. She craned her neck out the door just to see if he was watching. He wasn’t. Sunggyu had walked back to the car to talk. She took a pair of dark brown with a slightly thinner side but still rectangular frames and it would suit his face well.

           But then she decided that it was also time for a little prank. Their entire relationship, after all, was based off of the playful atmosphere that made life interesting. She casually glided over to the goggle like frames section and peered through it.

            There were a couple that would be funny but just were a bit too much. One had sparkles and another had pompoms. She browsed through more and saw a deep purple but that was a bit conservative. She needed one in between.

            A pair of pink goggles caught her eye and she smiled. This would be perfect. She took it and bought both. She put the regular glasses in her bag and kept the other out. When she walked to the car, she presented one of the bags to Sunggyu.

            “Here, put them on.”

            He opened it and his mouth dropped. “What is this?” He sounded cautious, as if expecting a prank. But she was already a pro. She knew how to keep a poker face.

            “They honestly had no selections left. And with your degree of vision, this was the only one that they recommended. They had a blue, but they were out. Put them on,” she urged. 

            Sunggyu swallowed and placed the goggles around his head. She took a picture and giggled. “How very attractive.”

            Sunggyu let out a tiny wail when he saw. “This is the most unattractive thing that I’ve ever worn in my life. Were you blind woman?”

            His girlfriend laughed and took out the actual glasses. “I was kidding. Just because you’re blind and can’t tell the difference in fashion sense, doesn’t mean I am.” She smiled cutely at him just to put his predicted anger at bay.

 

 

Going to Infinite concert today!