Dongwoo 3

Infinite Oneshots

 

            You sighed and kicked off your heels. Today has been a long day. Your boss had been a total jerk to you and you didn’t really feel like doing anything. You had had to deal with rude customers all day and you were just fed up. Because of multiple disasters, you were forced to skip lunch and now you were starving.

            You rolled onto the sofa and stared at the ceiling, hoping that magic was real and all you had to do was wave a hand and food would be cooked and zoom towards you. You closed your eyes. You hated Valentine’s Day. It was one of the busiest holidays of the year and you could not stand having to go without seeing your boyfriend.

            He also had his own responsibilities and while he texted you all day, it was still not the same as seeing him. You grabbed one of the throw pillows and placed it over his eyes. You pouted and tapped a steady beat against the leather.

            Your cell phone rang shrilly and you sighed. Your hands fumbled for it and you brought it lazily to your ears. “What’s up?”

            “Yeobo!” your eyes jolted open. It was Dongwoo. A slow smile spread across your face. “Hey, baby, are you hungry?”

            “Yes!” it was miraculous how well he could read your mind.

            “Well, I think if you walked out of the house, you would be able to see a lovely basket just for you. I’m sorry I can’t make it but I’ll be home tonight.”

            You felt your heart drop in disappointment. This really stunk. You had thought he was going to say that he had a surprise for you, and that he was right outside. He sensed your silence. “Hey, I’ll try to be there before you sleep. I’m sorry. It’s just really busy. The first step in military training is to do community service. And I’ve honestly been all over the town, helping community centers set up their decorations.”

            “I know. I’m really proud of you. I guess I was just a little bitter that all the couples I was able to see were together and I can’t even see my boyfriend. Especially, not when you may be gone for two years after.”

            Dongwoo let out a sigh. “I know, babe. I’m sorry. I have to do it for our country.”

            The very thought cut your throat closed. You made a kissing noise. “Go back to being busy. I’m going to go eat. My stomach’s growling so loudly I cannot even hear you.”

            You hung up on him, before he could hear you cry. Tears slid down your cheeks as you tried to stop thinking about him. When he had first told you he was enlisting into the military, you had been brave. It was just two years. Everyone had to go through it. You could be courageous too. But just three months ago, you had sent him off for training. Because of his young age, they allowed him to take some time to do community service before doing more things.

            You walked out of the house and as promised, there was a basket sitting on the porch. You picked it up and sniffled when you saw his familiar handwriting. He had included a cute selca and you teared. You placed the basket down on your table.

            You peered inside and saw that it was filled with all sorts of dishes. You opened inside and your mouth dropped. He had had all your favorite foods made. You sat down and started to eat. You reread his letter over and over. First you laughed, then you started to cry. You pushed the food away, not wanting to eat anymore.

            Almost on cue, your phone started to ring again. You picked up. “Hello?” Too late you thought to check the caller ID and you saw who it was. Oh shoot. You tried to control the tiny sniffles. “Yeah, what’s up,” you thought you sounded chipper enough.

            “Were you crying?” Dongwoo sighed again. “I told you not to cry, honey. It’s Valentine’s Day.” He sounded like he was whispering. “Be happier okay?”

            “H-how can I? You’re so far away and I’m so lonely. What can I do?”

            “Go to sleep,” he ordered. You stared at your phone in shock.

            “Sleep?” you seethed. “You’re so hopeless! How do you expect me sleep when the person I love is leaving me alone for the stupid holiday that celebrates love?”

            “Just try to sleep. Try to get it out of your mind. I promise you’ll see me soon. Got to go, okay? Remember, go sleep.”

            You stared at your phone dumbly and sat on the couch. What type of advice was he giving? Your phone beeped. Go sleeeeep!

            You rolled your eyes. Maybe Dongwoo secretly bugged your house. But you relented. Muttering annoyed phrases to yourself, you walked up the stairs. You stopped at your door. There was something wrong. You always closed your door when you left. But now it was slightly ajar. Maybe it was the wind.

            You stepped inside and saw a large teddy bear sitting by the side of your bed. This was new. You switched on the lights. What in the world? Then you saw something blonde sticking out.

            You stepped towards the bed and screamed. A familiar face was staring at you. “Dongwoo!” in your happiness, tears started to flow again.

            He jumped up with the teddy bear and hugged you. “I got them to give me time off. Do you really think I wouldn’t come see you?” His lips planted kisses against the side of your head, your cheek, finally your lips. He thumbed away your tears.

            “Stop crying?” you could hear his voice thickening as well and when you looked at him, you saw his eyes were red as well.

           Aish, your boyfriend, the crybaby. You took the teddy bear and smacked him with it. “All you had to do was go through the front door!”

            Dongwoo wrinkled his nose at you and laughed, your favorite sound in the world. “Happy Valentine’s day, yeobo.” 

 

requested by ricedae

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating here T__T