Dongwoo 5

Infinite Oneshots

            He tapped his foot and bit his lip. Today would be the first time he would show his son off to his staff and quite frankly, Dongwoo was nervous. He knew that the members loved Dongjin regardless but there was some part of him that needed the staff to wholeheartedly approve, and not just because he was a member of Infinite.

            He held the toddler in his arms and knew that they were all excitedly waiting. The members had already fallen in love with his son, but now he needed to sell him to the staff and the managers. The child blinked at Dongwoo. “Appa,” he shouted.

            “Shh,” he shushed him. “Later, you’re going to need to be really polite with the aunts and uncles you’re going to meet okay? They work with daddy and you need to be on your best behavior.”

            The baby was quiet. He wasn’t used to his father being so serious and so he pouted slightly. Dongwoo sighed. “Don’t give me that reproachful look. It’s not my fault I want you to be loved.”

            Dongjin’s eyes lit up when he heard the word and he giggled. “Love? I love you!” he mumbled to his father before remembering that he had to be quiet and he dove into Dongwoo’s chest.

            He took a deep breath and pushed open the door. “Hey guys!” But there was nobody there. Dongwoo’s eyebrows rose and he looked around. He placed Dongjin down on the ground and looked around, completely confused.

            There was a sudden yell and all the other six members were crowding the door. “Dongjin! Come to uncle!” Sungyeol threw out his arms. Dongwoo sighed in relief and laughed as his son ran towards his beloved Infinite uncles.

            He shouted happily and was passed around one by one until a very anxious Dongwoo asked, “Where is our managers? Where are the coordi stylists?”

            The members shared looks and shrugged. “No idea but I think you’re worrying too much. You shouldn’t make Dongjin unhappy. Everyone’s going to love him.”

            Dongwoo sighed. “I hope so. They weren’t really happy when I told them that she was pregnant though.”

            Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “That was a thing of the past. The fans had great reactions and so they got over it. Relax yourself,” he said lightly.

            There was a yell and Dongjin ran out of Sungjong’s arms and started to tear around the room, pumping his legs as fast as he could. Dongwoo let out a shout and began to chase after him, knowing the dinosaur game was the only way to get him to listen.

            “Dongjin, do you hear a dinosaur coming after you? Roar!” Dongwoo imitated. The boy laughed out loud and ran faster, weaving around the other people and pushing past chairs.

            “You need to run away quickly or else you’ll be gobbled up!” Dongwoo’s arms were outstretched as he fell into the pattern of the familiar game. He let out another roar and the members laughed.

            Dongjin turned around and started running towards the door until he smacked into new pair of legs which were coming in. “Oomph,” he fell onto his and Dongwoo went to pick him up.

            The baby started to sniffle and Dongwoo kissed his cheek. “See? Daddy told you to be careful.”

            Dongwoo looked up and saw their manager with a very amused face. “Well, what do we have here?”

            He immediately snapped to attention and pulled his son’s arms away from his face. “Dongjin, this is our manager. Say hello to Uncle Kim.”

            The boy sniffled and then smiled brightly at the man. “Hello!” he waved.

            There was a smile that danced on his features and Dongwoo felt himself relax a little. “Shame that he’s so old and this is our first time seeing him,” their manager scolded Dongwoo. He blushed and bent his head, taking the scolding lightly.

            The manager pulled Dongjin out of the room and showed him to the other executives of the company. “Come see Dongwoo’s son!” They all crowded around him and the boy was lavished with all sorts of attention.

            Myungsoo nudged Dongwoo and smiled. “You see? We told you you were being a worrywart for nothing. Everyone loves Dongjin.”

            Dongwoo grinned happily and blew his son a kiss as he was being twirled around by a coordi stylist. “He takes after his father’s charm.”

 

sorry for not updating ;;