Myungsoo 7

Infinite Oneshots

            She grabbed her bags, wincing when they slammed against her arms and let out an inaudible curse. She closed her eyes and prayed that the soju would have him out for a long time. She could no longer afford to stay in the house any longer. Shaking, she rolled up the legs of her pants and stared at her shins. They were littered with bruises and she sighed.

            She looked around the room to see if she left anything else and gingerly closed the door behind her. When she stepped into the hallway, she saw one hanging picture of her mother and took it down. Even though her mother has left her with this man, her picture didn’t deserve to be in an empty house with only that monster in it.

            He was out on the couch. The stench of alcohol rose from him and she wrinkled her nose. He was sprawled over the furniture, his clothing askew. He was breathing heavily and she the bruises that were on her arms too. She hated him.

            She stepped out the door for the final time and looked at it. “Finally, I am free from you and your drunken rampages. You killed my mother, and that wasn’t enough. I won’t let you hit me anymore.” She turned and walked down the driveway, making sure her footsteps were light. She didn’t want to risk any chance of possibly getting caught.

            She managed to get to the end of the town before she realized the enormity of what she has done. She was just a teenage girl, with no place to go. She was vulnerable in this world and she knew that if he tried to find her, he would succeed. Her arm and legs were hurting as well and she sank down onto a bench and started to cry.

            The noises of passing people scared her and she prayed that none of them would bother her. She needed time to be alone and think out her situation. There was a rustle next to her and she grabbed her bag, ready to be on the defensive. Next to her was a boy her age.

            She hurriedly wiped at her cheeks and thought about getting up but he held onto her sleeve. “Hey, what’s wrong?” His voice was soft, gentle as he asked her. 

           It was the first time someone seemed willing to hear her story but she was still wary. “Nothing. Something got in my eye.”

            He scoffed and shook his head. “Yeah and I’m sure that same thing also cut your cheek and left a large bruise on your cheekbones. Did you get hurt? Or should we call the police?”

            You glared at him. “It’s really none of your business.”

            The boy shook his head. “I saw the way you winced when I grabbed your arm. You’re running away, aren’t you? Someone hurt you.” He sighed deeply and pulled you down. “I’m Myungsoo and consider me your own personal angel.”

            You scoffed at him but there was something comforting about the way he bantered with you. It has been a long time since you’ve had proper human contact. He turned you to face him. “So spill. Who touched you and who do I have to beat up?”

            Your eyes immediately smarted again. “Beat up?”

            He smiled. “Yeah. Your personal savior can’t exactly let the person who hurt you go away unscathed, can I?”

            You bit your lip and against all your will, you decided it was okay to trust him. And so you did. Keeping your eyes off him, you told him the whole story about how your stepfather was a drunk. He had a habit of hitting both you and your mother. But it was only until after your mother passed away that he really started targeting you.

            At times, it was difficult for you to go to school because of the bruises and soon, you dropped out. It has been going on for a while now and you’ve waited until you’ve earned enough money to finally leave.

            “But now, I realize how dumb I am. I don’t have any plans.”

            Myungsoo nodded, listening to your story and when you finished, he smiled reassuringly. “Well I guess this is where I insert myself into your story. I’m more than happy to let you come live with me. I’m sure my parents wouldn’t mind. My mother is all about helping others too.”

            You looked at him and he stood up and extended a hand. “Come on, what are you waiting for? A new life is waiting.” 

 

I'm so sorry guys. I know I've kept a lot of you waiting.

I'm going to try my best to keep at this collection for you ♥