Sungyeol 3

Infinite Oneshots

            “Rawr!” Sungyeol made a face at his daughter and laughed when she squealed. She batted her arms at him and he moved his head out of the way. “My daughter’s so fierce,” he cooed at her.

            His wife was watching them from the doorway and she laughed. “Sungyeol, she’s just six months old. You’re going to give her nightmares.”

            He looked up. “Pfft, she’ll grow up loving daddy’s face.” She let out a scream and he picked her up with a slight grunt. “Umf, she’s getting big too.” She patted his cheek roughly and squirted spit.

            Sungyeol made another face and carried her to the nursery. “What has mommy been feeding you? You’re going to be big and strong one day. Then you’re going to come crying to daddy, ‘Appa how do I go on a diet?’” He imitated in a high pitched voice and sighed.

            He shook her soft body and she curved herself into her father’s arms. Sungyeol looked at her dotingly and his wife clucked. “Are you saying that our daughter is fat?”

            He shook his head. “I just want her to be happy. I was reading the news today about three girls who committed suicide because they weren’t happy with their weight. They were barely fifty kilos. Ridiculous. Do you women always worry so much?”

            She shrugged. “Not everyone is lucky enough to have met their wonderful husbands. They worry.”

            He sighed and his baby’s nose. “Well Hana better not have a problem getting a boyfriend. If anything, she shouldn’t be getting boyfriends.” He made a soft grr sound and she opened her eyes again and smiled beguilingly at him.

            Sungyeol sighed. “She’s so beautiful.” He whispered and touched her skin. It was soft and glided against his fingers. He closed his eyes and turned to his wife. “You know how hard a time I am with this. I want to be the perfect father. But I feel like work is taking me away and one day you’ll come to hate me and I’ll disappoint her.”

            She clucked her tongue. “Yeollie, you try hard enough. That’s all that matters. As long as your priorities don’t stray, you’ll be fine. I’ll still love you and so will she. Maybe not so much if you keep her from dating though.”

            Sungyeol laughed and made another face at her. He saw the tiny muscles on her face move as she tried to imitate him. He dragged his jaw down and elongated his face. “I’m a monster,” he intoned in a long, drawn-out drawl. She gave off happy giggles and he smiled.

            “I wish I can keep her smiling like this forever.”

            She grasped onto his finger and started fussing. Sungyeol picked her up and she immediately quieted. Her attachment to her father was endearing and she leaned her head in the crook of his arm, staring up at him with her bright eyes. curved into a smile and his wife came up behind him to observe the two of them.

            Hana smacked her lips together and blinked sleepily at Sungyeol. His wife laughed. “You’re going to have to rock her to sleep. One habit your daughter has is that she dislikes being put down when she has to sleep. Guess you’re stuck.”

           He pretended to groan and used the elasticity of his face to make another expression. He lowered his eyes into puppy dog whimperings. “Hana, baby, you’re going to be the death of your daddy one day.”

            She squealed and raised her arms, and Sungyeol lowered his head. She grabbed his cheeks and tugged as hard as she could and he snorted. His daughter was the cutest thing alive. “You are the cutest thing alive,” he told her.

            He swung her around in the air and kissed her nose. She started to close her eyes again and Sungyeol sang a soft lullaby to her. She tilted her head back and he gently closed . Once she was asleep, he gently lowered into the rocker so as to not wake her up and continued to sing.

            His wife pulled up a chair next to his and stared at the two and smiled. They were a beautiful pair.

this is for innasa_nadine354