Dongwoo 7

Infinite Oneshots

            It was his birthday, the most nerve-wrecking day of the year for you, but he doesn’t know it. Of course your boyfriend knew you always did something, but this year would be different. You rolled your neck and looked at the decorations you’ve made. You one of the streamers that was falling off and stepped onto the coffee table to put into place.

            “Why are you up there, Noona?”

            You nearly fell over but saw that it was Sungjong who came in with more banners. You smiled sheepishly. “I’m adjusting the streamers.”

            “You shouldn’t be climbing up furniture as a girl, you know.” He smiled and motioned for you to get down. You contemplated protesting but jumped down lightly to his dismay. “If you fell over, Noona,” he trailed off.

            You patted him on the head before walking to the kitchen. Your baking skills were horrible, and as good a boyfriend Dongwoo was, he still couldn’t hide the small swallow of forced discomfort whenever he ate your baked goods. You were a decent cook, however, so you made dinner.

            Woohyun was in charge of making the cake. “So, what did Dongwoo exactly say when you all cancelled practice?”

            “We didn’t,” Woohyun smiled pleasantly as he expertly poured the batter into a beautiful circular shape in the pan. “Sunggyu-Hyung and Hoya is with him right now. Don’t worry about it. He thinks the rest of us are just being lazy. You should hear him when we were leaving. ‘Hehehehe, you bunch of lazy brats, hehehe. Don’t worry, on stage I’ll help dance for you too, hehe.’” Woohyun rolled his eyes as you smiled. “Dongwoo-Hyung is so funny.”

            You cracked the egg against the pan and decided that you were going to make his favorite omelet. You diced the tomatoes and then chopped the scallions into miniscule shreds. You added butter on the eggs and sliced the mushrooms.

            “When would Dongwoo be coming back?”

            “I told Sunggyu-Hyung to hold him there. Don’t worry. You just make sure everything is perfect. Have you prepared the special surprise yet?”

            “Shh!” You grinned and slid the omelet onto a large plate.

            “You act like he’s going to pop in here any moment.”

            “You never know.” But you were hiding your smile as you worked on the next dish. Cooking for so many grown men has become a habit by now and you thanked your mother for her insistence that you learned how to cook for a “proper family.” The annoying tasks before was certainly paying off now.

            You finished the food, finally, and went to sit. You had to admit that you were sort of tired. You looked around at the decorations and grinned. Dongwoo would have a bit of a surprise waiting for him when he came back.

            You saw the boys running around and knew that he must be coming back. You stood up quickly and smoothed down your dress. Myungsoo winked at you. “Looking good, Noona,” he laughed. You heard the front door unlock and you sat up straighter.

            The first sound to reach you was Dongwoo’s laughter. “Well, I guess I’ll have to beg her to make more food. I don’t think she was planning on doing anything this year.”

            The streamer you had been trying to fix before fell slightly and you tried not to let the perfectionist in you reach up to fix it. Dongwoo walked into the living room with his two other members and he looked around.

            “Did I walk into the wrong house?”

            The look on his face was priceless. “What do you mean?” You worked hard to keep a straight face.

            “P-pink? Honey, did they run out of other colored streamers? I know we’re living in a more liberal society now but I still think males are generally represented with blue, but not really pink, right?”

            “This isn’t for you.”

            “Oh.” Dongwoo was quiet for a moment. “Then who is it for?”

            “A girl.”

            “Y-yes.” Behind him, his six other members were snickering and Dongwoo looked confused. “What’s going on?”

            You pointed at your stomach and smiled sheepishly. “She likes pink.”

            It took him a moment but when it hit him, Dongwoo threw his head back in an ecstatic whoop. “A girl? We’re having a girl?!” But then his face fell. “But why do you know and I don’t?” His lips slid into a pout and you reached out your arms for him to come to you.

            He did so slightly unwillingly. “I’m sorry. It was for your birthday present.”

            Dongwoo thought about it for a while. “I suppose so,” he said but then he pulled away to look at you and he snapped his mouth at you. “Only after you feed me some of that birthday dinner.”

 

Happy Birthday, Dongwoo!

I'm sorry it's so late but better late than never ♥